Found black & white cat - Allen Rd.

Found black & white cat - Allen Rd.

We found a black and white cat this morning meowing to come into our apartment, not sure if it's a boy or girl. Very friendly and I gave it some food and it ate it all right up. We llive in the apartments on Allen rd, warren village.

Blackkitty Blackkitty
Oct '16

It looks like a cat from a previous thread in Mansfield Village ... If the same cat, some lady there said she was taking it in, looks like she didn't.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Oct '16

This is the same cat .. The thread was from January 2016, titled 'very sweet black and white cat ..." Not sure if it has a home or not, but looks like people gave up on it.

Oct '16

Poor baby! It's so sweet! If we wherent moving and trying to rehome our two cats we could take this one in, any idea on what to do?

Byehtown Byehtown
Oct '16

You can call the Pet Adoption League - (973) 584-0095

Happy in PV Happy in PV
Oct '16

Re: Found black & white cat - Allen Rd.

Reviving a dead post-

This cat is sitting on my porch right now like he/she owns the place. Darted off into the woods in pursuit of something that russled the leaves. He/she is still around, if anyone feels inclined to lend a hand to the little guy.

On the boarder of Mansfield village/Alexandria if your interested

Blackkittyrises Blackkittyrises
Mar '17

please put cat up for adoption ' also call WMTR> they announce free adoption/lost pets:

http://wrnjradio.com/blog/lost-found-pets/

Joni Moore Joni Moore
Mar '17

Is anyone ever going to help this cat?

Mar '17

It is possible the cat has a home, he looks healthy. Maybe he is an outdoor cat.

Jesse134 Jesse134
Mar '17

Exactly Jesse.....many people have indoor/outdoor cats that roam around. I agree this one does look like its in decent shape. So either somebody owns him, he's doing well fending for himself, or people ARE helping him.

The cat was left when it's owners moved out in Mansfield Village. He appears at my door from time to time. I have been feeding it, i would love to take it in but I have a cat that doesn't like any other cat in the house.

Annie220 Annie220
Mar '17

There's the answer, this cat is a stray...please someone take it in call Pet Adoption League to see if they will take it.

Mar '17

Maybe black kitty can talk to her neighbors. Obviously the cat is doing well. Someone might have already provided it with an outdoor shelter and daily food. Prior to removing the cat someone needs to make sure someone hasn't taken responsibility for it.

Jesse134 Jesse134
Mar '17

Once again....I agree with Jesse. The cat does not look to be sickly, underfed, injured, or in any way distressed. A cat will continue to "visit" anyplace that food is being offered. It doesn't always mean he is homeless or in need of help. Is it possible that the reason he only comes on ocassion is because he is in someone else's apt the rest of the time or maybe being fed on a regular basis??
When I lived in an apt there were a couple of stray cats around that I used to feed. Once they realized I was a food source they came morning and night like clockwork.

If anybody would give this cat a home, I will be happy to get him neutered,shots & tested. Message me privately.

Worried Worried
Apr '17

Not sure if this thread is still alive but that's Oreo! (He answers to it) He lived in the Mansfield Village apartments and I've been wondering where he's been for a few months! He's very friendly!

He's a stray alright, if MV allowed cats I would have taken him in forever ago, but I feed him when I see him.

Hope someone has taken the little sweetie in!

MsMichelle MsMichelle
Apr '17

This poor cat.

Apr '17

Cats live quite fine outside. Not every cat needs or wants to be an indoor cat.

If the cat looks cared for in terms of the essentials: food, water, etc. and is not hurt then best to let it live the way it is happy living. Also, it is important to get the cat neutered and vaccinated. I know Warren County isn't the epicenter for feral cats nor has a good TNR program involved, but one could trap and get these done so the cat is in good shape.

Now, if you ever see the cat injured, sick, etc. or if it gets closer to the winter season again, you could make it a point to consistently feed the cat if you love nearby and make it a nice shelter.

I work with ferals on a daily basis and am part of multiple rescues in the Philadelphia area, and most times people are doing more harm than good trying to rehome a cat or bringing it to a shelter in which they sit for long periods of time without getting adopted. Either find a direct home that wants to take on the cat or best left alone if all is well.

helpthekitty helpthekitty
Apr '17

I agree, helpthekitty. People are clearly feeding it. Trapping it and putting in a shelter would probably make this cat very unhappy. He seems healthy my guess is he has shelter somewhere and appears to get plenty of food. It is also possible someone has taken responsibility for him.

Jesse134 Jesse134
Apr '17

He appeared on my porch again, this morning. I haven't seen him in almost a month.

I agree that people must be feeding him, hes a beefy little man.

Bad news though, it looks like he has a dislocation or possible break in his front paw. Hes hobbling around, and wont put weight on it. It looks swollen, as well. I gave him a can of food and some water which he gulped down. Hes currently sitting by my door, meowing. Think he might want more food? Not sure. Hes still very vocal, which is odd for an injured animal. I hope theres nothing else wrong other than the obvious injury :/ Poor guy :(

Apr '17

Actually, injured animals tend to be MORE vocal because they are in pain. Now, the hobble could be a thorn in his foot or a break or fracture. It would be wise for someone to actually get this guy trapped and looked at.

Apr '17

Just went outside to check on him, he's gone.

I have a carrier, if I can get him in to it, i'm willing to bring him.. i dont even know where.

Hes looking a little rough, hes very dirty and starting to look a little matted, almost. He needs help now more than ever I think.

I just hope whatever injury he has wasnt intentional :( Theres no blood or cuts or broken skin that I can see. Just the front leg injury.

I fee so bad for him, I wish I could do more.

Apr '17

Hopefully someone will finally help this cat now he is injured if he can be found. Maybe he went off to die someplace.

Apr '17

Update: hes curled up in the leaves just into the woods. I actually saw him there this morning and didnt even realize it was him. I noticed a black thing from my balcony in the AM, wasnt sure what it was, and noticed it again now. I just went outside and took a look, it was him.

I feel so so bad for him :( hes definitely hurt

Apr '17

Can he be picked up? I am willing to drop off a have a heart trap for him. If all the people claiming they want to help are willing to contribute to a vet bill I would be happy to take him in.

Black kitty rises, if you are willing to trap him I can drop it off, I just need to know where you live.

Jesse134 Jesse134
Apr '17

I wont be around at all tomorrow, i have work. but hes approachable and hasnt left the area all day. Hes moved again, but i doubt he went far. If your willing to come get him, it probably wouldnt be too difficult to get him into the trap. is it something you would be willing to do tonight? Tomorrow? Let me know and i'll offer what help i can.

Thanks so much

Apr '17

Do you think animal control may be a better idea? Just asking, I am still willing to help.

Jesse134 Jesse134
Apr '17

Not sure. Dont know the extent of his injuries, but i cant imagine it would end well. Maybe thats the most humane option. I really honestly dont know. This is a new situation for me

Apr '17

Black kitty rises, I just e mailedyoj my cell #

Jesse134 Jesse134
Apr '17

I can take him to a clinic in PA on Monday if somebody can trap him. They can look at his paw, give antibiotics and neuter, shots, etc. I trapped a cat with exactly the same injury in that area. It was an infected paw....treated and he's doing well.

worried worried
Apr '17

I am willing to trap him and give him to you, worried. Waiting to here back from black kitty rises for an address.

Jesse134 Jesse134
Apr '17

What does the vet do with the cats after treatment?

Jesse134 Jesse134
Apr '17

The vet just gives the cat back. Vets don't take on stray cats, they just treat them and give them back to whoever brought them in as if you were bringing your own cat in.

Apr '17

Help the kitty, Would you want to meet me there today sometime to help me catch it?

Jesse134 Jesse134
Apr '17

Unfortunately, while I was a lifelong resident, I live in Philly now. I just check in every so often because my family still has a house here and I try to help with any cat knowledge I can. I work for multiple rescues in Philly, so I try to expand the knowledge I have here to back home since I know there can be a disconnect with how feral/stray cats should be handled.

Apr '17

Help the kitty, my bad, I meant to ask worried. I messed up the posts. :-)

Worried, are you still willing to take the cat? Would you be willing to help catch him?

Jesse134 Jesse134
Apr '17

Jesse- i cant see him from my balcony right now, im going to go outside and take a better look in a little bit.

There is a giant, i mean MASSIVE possum wandering around out there now though, so kitty might be hiding. Seriously tho that thing has gotta be 4ft from tip to tip. WOW.

Hopefully you dont end up with behemoth in a trap instead of the cat xD

Apr '17

Yes message me

Worried Worried
Apr '17

Worried, I sent you a private message.

Jesse134 Jesse134
Apr '17

Up-date please?

Dansker Dansker
Apr '17

Cat is doing better, worried, black kitty rises and myself are working on getting him trapped.

Jesse134 Jesse134
Apr '17

Please update as you can! Oreo is a sweetie pie and I've grown quite fond of him over the past couple years!

MsMichelle MsMichelle
Apr '17

You can post when and where you see him. He wanders and it has been tough to catch him. As far as I know he seems to be getting better.
If you can take him inside that would be great, I can come pick him up that day.

Jesse134 Jesse134
Apr '17

Any updates?

May '17

Oreo turned up again yesterday in Mansfield Village! He was covered in dirt, so I imagine he came through the woods, but he's walking fine and still looks fed. I'll post pictures in a little bit.

Here he is, looking a bit dirty but still handsome and still a cuddle bug!

MsMichelle MsMichelle
Jun '17

Beautiful cat! I hope someone here catches him and a he is adopted to someone ASAP!!

Hacklifer Hacklifer
Jun '17

Why is this cat still being posted, it is obvious nobody is going to take him in. I don't understand it ...either catch him or leave him be. Where Are all the Good Samaritans?

Jun '17

Nature lover, since the beginning of this post you've been asking people to do something about this cat but you never offered to help. You just told others to do so. Are you going to do something about this cat? While I and two other posters were attempting to catch this cat while he was injured the only thing you said was that he was probably going off to die. You just brought this post back up to the top today to ask for an update, then you ask why everybody keeps posting about the cat if nobody's going to take him in, Are you going to take him in?

Jesse134 Jesse134
Jun '17

Nature Lover..........if you follow the posts you will see he never stays in one area long enough to trap! He must have many places to eat. IF he stayed and consistently ate in one area, then he could be trapped. SO, if anybody that lives in the area (I do not) wants to feed him daily and get him coming on a somewhat regular basis, we can set a trap and at least get him vetted and hopefully a home. The life of an tom is a tough one. He obviously is not feral so was someones pet at some point. THAT is the cause of so many strays. I hope whoever abandoned him (and any other pets) get exactly what they deserve in this life. Misery

worried worried
Jun '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.