Transportation Challenge Study

Hello,

I am looking for respondents to provide insight into transportation challenges who live within suburban and rural communities (where access to mass transit is limited or nonexistent). The goal of the study is to explore how people cope with situations when transportation is not available due to various issues like repairs, car sharing, lack of insurance, lack of license, etc.

This material is for a project at Stevens Institute of Technology where I am currently working on a graduate degree. There will be a total of 25 interviews which my team and I will be performing in the first phase of the study. I am a Hackettstown resident and alumni of Centenary College.

The face to face interview will take about 15 minutes to complete and I can offer a $20 gift card as appreciation for your time and valued input.

Thank you, please contact me if you or someone you know is interested in taking part in the study.

Greg L Greg L
Sep '16

We have great walking shoes . Enjoy the lack of public transportation; it keeps the riff raff out! That is why we love Great Meadows.

kerii
Oct '16

Really Kerii I ride the bus and train. Am I riff raff? Think before you type.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Oct '16

When I've looked into public transportation to NYC, the train takes a much longer time than the bus (but the bus picks up in Panther Valley which you would have to drive to). There is also no train to Lehigh Valley.

I thought it would be great to live in a town with a train, but I've only used it one time.

I have a car that gets me around and to my job without traffic hassles.

I have friends and relatives around the US that use the bus and train all the time. They are certainly not riff raff. They have high paying jobs in various cities.

Hopeful Hopeful
Oct '16

A big problem for the poor in the suburbs/rural areas. Good topic for a study, post the results in the future if you can...

Great responses so far with really good insight.

I am still looking for more interviews. Please reach out if you have personal experience with transportation challenges.

Thank You

Greg L Greg L
Oct '16

When I moved to Htown - there was a bus from Long valley (lakeland) - that went directly to NYC. The bus service actually stopped the first week I moved to Htown. I then took the 6am train from Netcong to (dover/Hoboken). The traffic at 5:30 am to Dover train station was incredible and stressful.

If i have to go to NYC on the weekends - ill drive to Dover and go to NY Penn. At times i have driven to Jersey City - and take the path to NYC.

I was fortunate to get a package from my company - and was able to land a great job in the Parsippany NJ area. I have flex commuting hours - and no longer have to deal with the time and expense of NJ transit.

htownnewbie htownnewbie
Oct '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.