MedExpress urgent care coming to Hackettstown?

So I found this coming soon to Hackettstown, but have not heard anything about it at the planning board meetings. Anyone know where it is coming to?

Figure I would ask before heading over to the construction office.

https://www.medexpress.com/local-centers/new-jersey/hackettstown.aspx

Darrin Darrin
Sep '16

I heard Its taking Burger King site

Booster90 Booster90
Sep '16

It may not even be in Hackettstown proper, just with a Hackettstown mailing address. Maybe in the old Blockbuster Plaza?

ianimal ianimal
Sep '16

If you click on "Get Directions" after using Darrin's link, the map shows it on the corner of High and Main.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '16

Yeah... I think that's probably just the default "Hackettstown, NJ" pin location... unless it's going in the old furniture store? Google Maps actually shows a 7-11 in that location.

ianimal ianimal
Sep '16

That pinpoint looks like the old Dr. One office building on High St. it was for sale for a while, now it says 'under contract' on the sign outside of the bulidng. It's already an old doctors office, so that might be a good location, not much renovations to do!

Stored
Sep '16

Dr. Ong not one. Sorry.

Stored
Sep '16

I wonder why someone would go to an Urgent Care when there's a nice hospital 5 minutes down the road? I'm curious.

1988LJ 1988LJ
Sep '16

1988LJ. .... costs.... I have a large deductible copay co insurance for hospital......but urgent care is just a copay with my insurance

dismom dismom
Sep '16

Urgent care is not the same as emergency room. Urgent care is for when you don't want to wait until your regular doctor can see you. Emergency room is for life threatening situations. Anything life threatening and urgent care calls an ambulance anyway.

The cost factor even with insurance is huge. My insurance has a high copay in the emergency room, plus a minimum that makes it similar to hospital stays. And it only pays that much if you're admitted to the hospital. Urgent care not only is more like a regular doctor visit on my insurance, I got in an email yesterday from the insurance company saying they will actually waive the copay for urgent care under some scenarios.

Cost, speed, convenience. Especially for the obvious where your regular Drs. longterm relationship with you isn't needed.

Like got some pi the other day that hit the point of needing meds. Could wait 8 hrs for normal dr or 1 hour for urgent care. Easy choice.

Strangerdanget Strangerdanget
Sep '16

Medexpress is on the October 25, 2016 Planning board agenda. The meeting starts at 7:30 for any interested.

8. Case #16-03, Medexpress Urgent Case, NJ-PC
Block 127, Lot 15.01

Judging by the lot and block number, burger king will be no more

http://njparcels.com/property/2108/127/15.01

Darrin Darrin
Oct '16

The people who work at Burger King are very nice so would not like to see them lose their jobs. Wasn't there some earlier mention of a new Burger King going to be built in Mansfield next to Piggy's Deli?

Wendy Wendy
Oct '16

correct Darrin it is the Burger King lot.

Jim L Jim L
Oct '16

Is it possible to view minutes of the planning board meetings online? I have serious health issues . sometimes I can get out during the early part of the day but afternoons and evenings are almost impossible with the damper, cooler air.

Dansker Dansker
Oct '16

Yes, but they are very far behind

http://www.hackettstown.net/planning-zoning-boards/

Seems they only have a partial of 2015 posted.

Also with the meeting minutes they only briefly cover what was talked about. If you want a true transcript you can request the meeting recording on CD from the town, I think it cost me $2 a CD to do this. Then download liberty player, which is free, and you can control the different mics.

You may be able to contact Patricia Zotti, Board Secretary (908)852-3130 planning@hackettstown.net and get the latest written minutes.

You can also send someone else to the meeting with a written and signed statement that they can read on your behalf to the board.

Darrin Darrin
Oct '16

Another urgent care? There is the one on Mountain Ave (Dr. Sandhu-ugh!) And the one in Patriots Plaza on Rt. 46. Why 3 within a mile of each other? Just wondering.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Oct '16

The one in Patriots Path closed 2 months ago and the one on Mountain Ave is not really an urgent care as their hours are limited and if you go in as an "emergency," you have to wait a LONG time as their regular patients come first.

A real urgent care has evening and weekend hours and the doctors are not also primary care doctors with their own patients.

Heidi Heidi
Oct '16

Why would they not use the White Castle lot instead of closing an active restaurant

skippy skippy
Oct '16

Because Auto Zone is going in at White Castle.

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/570533

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

1) White Castle lot was sold a while ago and an Auto Zone has been building a new store there
2) the Burger King owner has been looking to sell

Jim L Jim L
Oct '16

Harvey Management in Glen Rock is the owner of the Burger King in Hackettstown. Maybe they have some answers.

Mansfield mama Mansfield mama
Oct '16

Were loosing all the good fast food places...first white castle, now burger king.....if wendy's leaves I am outta here too!!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Oct '16

I doubt that you would leave - Darrin

Bernie Bernie
Oct '16

Hackettstown without a BK, just too weird to imagine. I'd rather KFC leave, I never see anyone there (when I'm in BK).

Wendy Wendy
Oct '16

Just to chime in, the emergency room at HCH is awful with the new docs. My husband passed away there and the "Doctor" could not even be bothered to come out and speak with me, reassure us everything was done that could have been done. He sent the PA out, looked like a 20 year old kid... disgusting . Thankfully the nurse (roni) came out and SHE was the one who knew what had happened. One of the most traumatic life experiences, the loss of a loved one, was not important enough for the doc on duty to get up and speak with us. That would NEVER have happened before Morristown took over. These guys are awful. Sorry, rant over.

Ladyjane2 Ladyjane2
Oct '16

Just a reminder this is on the agenda for tonight's 7:30 PB meeting. I urge anyone interested or with questions to come.

Darrin Darrin
Oct '16

I've waited a long time at urgent care at Patriots Plaza. Their "urgent" didn't mean fast. Anything is better then going to Hackettstown Hospital ER, if you can avoid it. (Except Dr. Sandhu)

Oct '16

I thought Hackettstown's ER was also going to have an "outpatient emergency care" outfit. Even though they are terrible, in a minor emergency, they are close. Did they already complete it? Or scrap the idea? I'm not sure which is worse, having Hackettstown's hospital so close or not available at all. I know people who were treated awful, there, in the ER, even before they merged.

sparksjbc1964 sparksjbc1964
Oct '16

Atlantic Health System has basically gutted it.

pampurr pampurr
Oct '16

The medexpress was approved last night to replace the burger king on mountain Avenue.

Darrin Darrin
Oct '16

Darrin, did they say when it would happen?

NightHawk NightHawk
Oct '16

Did they say when this was going to take place?

Derik Derik
Oct '16

There was no timetable discussed. The property now must be sold to MedExpress before they can begin to knock down the Burger King and begin their construction

If we use BP on High St as an estimate, that took almost a year and a half from the time the planning board approved the site plan to the time demo began

Jim L Jim L
Oct '16

Ladyjane2 : I am so sorry you had to suffer through that. Bad enough dealing with a death in the family, but there should have been some compassion and concern from the doctor. I am sure he would be horrified to be treated so callously himself. Hoping you are somewhat at peace and moving on. Emotional trauma can take a good while to pass. Sending you prayers and strength.

Dansker Dansker
Nov '16

Bumping this thread up, had Med Express opened? Any experiences?

Tidy
Jul '17

Still working on the building in Hackettstown but my husband and son used the MedExpress in Ledgewood and had a positive experience. Hopefully the office in Hackettstown will be just as good!

Any word on if it's open yet? There's a sign in the window that says "open" but I'm curious. There's no phone number and the website says "future location". Gotta love conflicting information

ImOnSaxton
Aug '17

My friend used the one in Morris Plains the other day, when her son needed stitches, she said it was a nightmare. Seemed like the people there didn't know if they what the heck they were doing.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '17

not open yet. I'm sure whoever hung up all the signs when they got delivered was just following the signs instructions and put "open" sign in the window where it is suppose to go.

Jim L. Jim L.
Aug '17

The building looks like I can get some half price appys n cheap domestic beer in there.
So its like an emergency room for the uninsured? Who does a place like that cater to I've never needed one?

Roywhite Roywhite
Aug '17

It caters to those with insurance who have to pay $150 For an emergency room visit..but only a Dr visit copay if you use urgent care

Bug3
Aug '17

The Med Express on Mountain Ave will be opening on September 12th, 2017!

hktwnBID hktwnBID
Aug '17

I used Med Express last night and it is a very nice facility. Paid my usual copay as opposed to the $100.00 fee for the emergency room. Everyone is very nice and polite. I would not hesitate to go again if my primary office is closed.

**first question I was asked was "do you have insurance"

happycamper happycamper
Feb '18

Went after New Years; was a zoo, everyone with the "bug." They handled it better than most med facilities; in the scheme of things I moved right along, and out of there.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Feb '18

Seems to be filling a gap.

They're pretty good overall. It's great to have something in between going to the ER or making an appt with your primary. If you work, it's very nice to be able to pop in when it's convenient for you. Always prefer going to my primary, but the scheduling is often not feasible if you need to get something checked out.

somechik somechik
Feb '18

The one that was in Patriots Plaza was very convenient too.

Feb '18

There's one going back into Patriots Plaza.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.