Phones at All About Women

I've called 5 times so far this morning and I get a recording that says I've reached a non-working number. Called them last week with no problem. Anyone out there know what's going on?
Very strange.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Sep '16

Power was out briefly where I am. Maybe theirs was too

4catmom 4catmom
Sep '16

Thanks. Just tried again and got the same recording.

Sep '16

Finally got thru. You can delete thread now. Lol

Sep '16

Did they say what the issue was?

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '16

Delivering a baby we were told -

Happy Mom Happy Mom
Sep '16

Not sure how that is possible when All About Women dropped OB about 6 years ago.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '16

Worst customer service I have ever experienced. When asked about the history of my family, the nurse doing my intake grilled my about why I don't know my father's or mother's medical history. Was also denyed speaking to the doctor and my script for birth control, which manages an illness I have, was held ransom until I came in for another exam nd payed another copay... A month after I just had an exam. She gave me a new script and gave me a sample and told me to come back in 4 months. they filled the script for me for only one more month after I called an complained I was having hormone withdraw symptoms. Needless to say, I've been off the medicine the dr. wanted to test out for 4 months to eliminate symptoms of my chronic illness. Highly incompetent people at he front... If Amanda wasn't such an amazing doctor I would have switched years ago. I'm not trying to get high on birth control, but I would like to be able to stand and not blackout for a week every month.

Annoyed Annoyed
Sep '16

Just to be clear, Amanda is amazing. Her front desk admin is incompetent. All problems I have are based on their failure to listen and trying guess at what the doctor would do or expect, without ever actually talking to her... Despite my pleading to check with her. Just because they are competent at paperwork and admin details does not mean they know jack about medicine or the human aspect of healing.

Annoyed Annoyed
Sep '16

I didn't ask. Just glad I got through. I had an issue with having to make 2 separate appts. One for an issue and one 2 weeks later for yearly checkup.
They won't address both at 1 visit. Makes sense, in a way, but then again is it to collect 2 copays?? Don't know. Makes me wonder. Front desk staff can use an attitude adjustment, but the doctors are wonderful and that's what matters.

Sep '16

Does your insurance require a copay for your yearly check up? Mine does not. I do pay a copay for any "sick" visit, or visit where they are looking at specific issue or diagnosis but no copay for the yearly examine as long as that is all that is done during the appointment. It's the same way when I take my kids to the pediatrician. Yearly physical and immunizations are covered 100% but if a diagnosis is made at the appointment I now owe a copay.

Not a fan at all of this practice anymore. Some of the staff is okay but others definitely need social interaction training (not limited to just the front desk employees either).

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Sep '16

Botheredbyu2,
Your insurance will not pay for an annual if it is less than 365 days from your last annual, that is why you needed two apts. it has happened to me begore as well at other GYNs.

Jesse123 Jesse123
Sep '16

I haven't had a yearly in 2 years.Lol! So that's not why. I'm betting on 2 copays because my insurance still requires a copay for annuals. Greed? Not sure.

Sep '16

Okay ladies. I have been in the medical billing arena for 23+ years. Insurance will deny payment for BOTH the sick and the well visit IF the billing is not done correctly when the visits are done at the same time. Splitting the visits only simplifies things for the billing area. Which in this case, sounds safe. Doesn't sound as if their front desk or billing area have any professionalism (or knowledge for that matter).

As far as insurance paying for a well visit prior to 365 days, that is very plan specific. You must know your plan. And it is illegal for a practitioner to collect a co-pay for a well visit. Insurance pays 100% according to the law. Never pay a co-pay at a well visit. Flat out refuse if you must.

I could (should) wright a book after witnessing what I have during the last 23 years. The medical insurance billing industry is dreadful to deal with and will be the reason I retire from the medical field (which otherwise is very fulfilling).

Dallas Dallas
Sep '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.