Just a heads up... coyotes in Old Farm Village

Be aware on evening, nightly, and early morning walks.... howling and yelping just took place right outside of my window. I have video but can't upload here. Stay safe :)

Yikes. I'm already afraid during that last nightly walk, now I'm terrified

Dallas Dallas
Sep '16

I'm in LV on the mountain near Mt. Olive and we heard coyotes last night here also! One was close to our place and was going back and forth with others farther away.
Oh my......

Blackcat Blackcat
Sep '16

You SHOULD be worried. I saw an Acme delivery truck in that area, too.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Sep '16

One followed me down bald eagle at night as I was walking.
Got about 25 feet from me. At first I thought it was a big fox.
Wasn't scared of me and didn't seem aggressive. But I wasn't comfortable with it.
From about #65 to around #57 bald eagle. And then back a ways.
That's where the road is closed currently for the paving.
If crap turned ugly, all I had to use as a weapon was a traffic cone.

Re: Just a heads up... coyotes in Old Farm Village

LOL JerseyWolf!

Coyotes have been in this area forever, no need to be scared. Be mindful of small pets left outside though.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '16

Unless you are a tea cup dog or a rodent / bunny they will avoid you

http://m.humanesociety.org/animals/coyotes/tips/coyotes_people.html

skippy skippy
Sep '16

Unless they have rabbis, which sadly has been occurring in North Jersey lately.

"Unless they have rabbis, which sadly has been occurring in North Jersey lately."

What if they are Christian instead of Jewish and have ministers? ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '16

Lol. Whoops-my bad. "Rabies"

Re: Just a heads up... coyotes in Old Farm Village

Here's our solution... no closed season on coyotes.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '16

"Coyotes are non native, however, they are now well established in all South Carolina counties."

Hmmmm, remind you or anything else? Mark, you need to ship those illegal coyotes back where they came from. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '16

Panther Valley could just build a wall, in case relocated coyotes find their way back to NJ ; )

maja2 maja2
Sep '16

When the state finds a way to tax the cyotetes, they'll all move to another state.

Now I'm scared to walk my dog - should I stop ?

Happy Mom Happy Mom
Sep '16

"Now I'm scared to walk my dog - should I stop ?"

Were you scared to walk the dog last week? The coyotes were there then too. And the week before that, and last month and last year.

Plus, if you don't walk the dog you will be cleaning up a lot of poop and pee!

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '16

Lol Calico:)
I live off Willow Grove and used to hear a pack of them every morning right before dawn.
I walked right by one feasting on a bunny one morning. It's funny because I'm sure they are still around, but I haven't heard them in a couple of years now.

Lol Calico... Plenty get shipped all over, as pelts.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '16

Thanks Calico796!

Happy Mom Happy Mom
Sep '16

I live in pv and have stories of encounters with coyotes, including having to pick up kids at the courts that locked themselves behind the gate because a group of 4-5 were traveling towards them howling, pretty scary but cool at the same time. They been behind my house as well as literally at my front door. So yes stay safe.

Jsmith Jsmith
Sep '16

The thing to be more nervous about are the Coy-Wolves, the Coyote-Wolf hybrids that have been slowly emerging. They're stronger and more aggressive than the coyote plus more likely than a wolf to stray close to humans to scavange and/or hunt for food.

Phil D. Phil D.
Sep '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.