Main St. Auto Hackettstown Help Issue

I had a gift certificate for $100. for Main st auto. He closed in May and I contacted the owner Jeff to see what could be done. He seemed nice and said he would take care of it. I waited a month contacted him again and he said he was working on it. I was away for vacation in August and contacted him the other day and now he said he is not going to work it out Said the business and he is not willing to work it out. Did anyone else have any issues like this? Trying to see what I can do to at least get part of it back. Really stinks. Anyone respond or email me. thanks

Carol Carol
Sep '16

Once an establishment is dissolved your out of luck, especially small potatos like this

Itiswhatitis
Sep '16

Never had an issue like this but I was in there once and the guy was really sketchy. He had a bunch of guys coming in and out of their from the Oranges/Newark/etc. Was incredibly rude to people. Something about him was just off... I highly doubt you will be able to get a refund on the $100.00 - sorry to say.

Sorry
Sep '16

How did you know they were from "Newark/the Oranges"? Did they or the owner tell you that? I always found the owner Jeff to be very knowledgable.

Sport
Sep '16

The previous owner, Jeff, was born and raised in town and is a good guy!

Bruce juice
Sep '16

If the fellow went out of business, I am sure he has far more to worry about than your $100.00....sorry, just the truth.''
Take the loss off your taxe at year end, that will be the best you can do.

Steven Steven
Sep '16

I can honestly say the statement above posted by "sorry" is nothing more then a lie. As for a gift certificate you should have used it before the place closed.

Jorge Jorge
Sep '16

Funny to say that it's a lie-I believe I was the person in the garage over hearing people talk. Not to mention, they all spoke about hanging out in the Oranges, Newark, etc. I witnessed him scream at people in the garage and talk down to other people. Degrading if you ask me. I never said he was a bad guy, I clearly made my own valid opinion of the vibe I got from him. He mentioned that he preferred to do business in cash and not with credit. We are all allowed to have our own opinions. Thank you, Jorge and I hope you have a lovely day. =)

Sorry
Sep '16

He sold the business, he didn't go out of business.

Walker Walker
Sep '16

Thanks for the help. To Jorge: I would have used the certificate before IF I had known he was leaving. There was no notice, nothing saying he was leaving on the website or at the station. I went there in May and noticed there were no cars. When I asked the gas guy he said, he just got up and left. So, thats when I did contact Jeff. He said he would make good for the certificate and I thanked him thinking he was honest and was going to make good. Then I waited a few weeks and called him again. He told me again, he was trying to work something out and would get back with me. Again I thought he was being honest and felt good about it. THEN when I called this week, he said he changed his mind and was not going to do anything about it. I felt really bad and although I understand the station is closed, I just thought being from town he would be honest and work it out. Oh well. Lesson learned! Won't get anymore gift certificates. Once you get burned you look at things a whole different way. Even if someone goes out of business, if they are a local I would think they would take some pride in being honest and I trusted him when he said he would make good for it. I told everyone "what a nice guy, he said he would take care of it". No so much now!! Thanks again to everyone who responded.

Carol Carol
Sep '16

I still have a $200 gift certificate for the brass rose in blairstown. I'd be willing to sell it for $100.
Brass rose closed a few years ago, but it's still a good deal.

Get your facts straight "Sorry" I know Jeff and the guys he had business dealings with. One is originally from Jersey City and another from Patterson. But is it a crime to have lived in eather place 15-20 years ago? Your just trying to make things look criminal by claiming he (Jeff) associated with people from urban areas.....He knew a couple guys that had lived in East Jersey....not living in those areas now. And BTW whats wrong with someone living in Newark or East/South/West or just Orange New Jersey? Seems like your a bigot .

Jorge Jorge
Oct '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.