2016-17 Heating Season Propane Prices

I received my pre-buy information from Eastern Propane, the cost is $2.19 per gallon. Has anyone else received a pre-buy price for propane? I'm curious how the price compares.

FarmerJake FarmerJake
Sep '16

I am curious as well. I called Eastern the other day and asked how much to top of right now and its 1.79. Wondering what to do.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Sep '16

???? What the he......They just mailed me pre buy at 2.25 gallon !!
They mailed out last week...something seems off.

Steven Steven
Sep '16

If the current price is 1.79, I'll have them top off my tank now. But, I'm not sure if I'm going to do the prebuy or roll the dice and hope the price doesn't go way up this winter. I wonder why the prebuy is so much higher than the current price; in the past they've been nearly the same.

FarmerJake FarmerJake
Sep '16

Thrifty propane I was geting it last year under 70 cents a gallon no prebuy just 300 gal minimum they don't always deliver to warren county have to check there website all the time

Farm boy
Sep '16

You would think they would offer their pre buy customers the opportunity to top off at the current price ( if lower ) ...I will inquire about that on Monday, thank you all.

Steven Steven
Sep '16

I'm looking up current propane prices and getting prices of 3.25 a gallon for NJ. Is this correct? Thinking of renting a place with propane heat but this price may be a deal breaker.

Prices listed here are not even close to what others have posted in September.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=W_EPLLPA_PRS_SNJ_DPG&f=W

2.06 from Eastern on Friday

Oct '16

OK thanks that sounds more like it. Don't know why but every Google search I did for the area was coming in way above 3 dollars a gallon.

Spoke to Eastern, seems the variance is dictated by your overall consumption...since I put a Rinai digitally controlled heater in downstairs, the fuel use has dropped, so I will apparently not be getting the lower cost below 2.26 gallon.

They own the tanks, so I am captive ( for now )

Steven Steven
Oct '16

Anyone know what propane is going for now?

Paid 2.29 a few weeks ago.

Feb '17

Paid $1.79 in the beginning of February.

A patent
Feb '17

What is Amerigas charging for residential heating (500 gal tank)?

doug l doug l
Mar '17

Amerigas is $3.00 p/gal, this week.

justwondering justwondering
Mar '17

Just wondering what the going prices are for residential propane - 500 gallon tank used for heating, hot water, & dryer? I'm dealing with Amerigas and looking for competitive info.

dan l dan l
Feb '18

Other than calling various places you could look at this site to get an idea of cost.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=W_EPLLPA_PRS_NUS_DPG&f=W

Thx Greg. Unfortunately propane suppliers do not like to provide price quotes especially when a homeowner does not own their tank. Regarding the #s provided by EIA, NJ at $3.841 is third highest and the margin difference between wholesale and retail is by far greater in the East as compared to the Midwest. No surprise.

dan l dan l
Feb '18

I own my tank and just pd $1.99/gal @ fairclough. After being ripped off by Amerigas for years I finally had enough and purchased my own tank. Best decision ever, it has paid for itself.

Advocate Advocate
Feb '18

Modern Gas and Propane just paid $1.82 a gallon. They are out of Tannersville and deliver to NJ. Fast reliable service.

IndyFB1 IndyFB1
Feb '18

Who sells tanks? Prices?

4of4
Feb '18

Most propane suppliers will sell or lease a tank to you. There are pros and cons with each approach. Are there private contractors who sell and install underground tanks?

dan l dan l
Feb '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.