280 Main Street- Old Sunrise School House

A friend of mine used to work at the Sunrise School preschool years ago. In the gray house by the church across from the old Hess station...anyways, she said noticed in driving by a few times that it seems like it is being refinished? She called the BID and they had no idea. Just wanted to see if anyone had insight as to it, maybe it'll be a new preschool!

kelleo22 kelleo22
Aug '16

Are you sure of the address? I looked up 280 and there is no such thing, only 282 and 276-278. Those addresses are by Center St, it's Kappers. If you mean the house next to the Pres Church (which is a ways down from Sub Shack which is what is across from the previous Hess. I think the address you mean is 290, not 280.

I have nothing to add to this thread other than- if it is an old school house and has any grass area left whatsoever- I'd like to search it, please put me in touch with the owners. :)

Josh - It was a home used as a pre-school. It's not what you're thinking. ;-)

I think a family bought it for their private use.

Sport
Aug '16

Thanks for the info. She must have gotten the address wrong. She said she saw it being refurbished for weeks and recently saw a front desk looking setup. We shall wait and see

Kelleo22 Kelleo22
Aug '16

It was, many years ago, owned by the Presbyterian Church, and was used for their Sunday School. Then it was sold to two women who opened Sunrise School-that was in the late 70's/early 80's. Sunrise School went through a series of owners, one of whom added on the large addition in the back.

Over the years, their enrollment waned until they finally closed, and the property sat vacant for several years until it was sold as a private residence and has been in the process of being refurbished, and refurbished beautifully. It is not planned to be a school or a business as I understand it.

I think they've done a wonderful job of making it look like the beautiful home that it is again.

sumerrain1 sumerrain1
Aug '16

My daughter went to Sunrise School in 97 and 98. Was a wonderful experience for her. She really had a great time there and is still friends with a few of the children who went there.

Glad to see it being taken care of.

littlelu littlelu
Sep '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.