Labor Day weekend washout?

This afternoon's models bring Hermine right up the coast. I believe those wonderful weekend forecasts might be in big jeopardy.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Aug '16

Yikes!!! Say it isn't so!

Please keep us updated and thanks.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '16

hi Bryan! Good to hear from you.

hktownie hktownie
Aug '16

Keep your STINK'N forecast down in NC lmao

Hows it going B?

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Aug '16

Thanks guys. Sorry for checking in with the bad news. I think you will have a decent Friday and at least part of Saturday. It will be coming straight up from the south as the day goes on.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Aug '16

No, no, no!!!
I wanted to go to the Allentown Fair on Saturday.
Bryan -- what time do you think the storm will hit on Saturday?
Maybe I should go to the fair on Friday?
Or Sunday?

happiest girl
Aug '16

Shouldn't make plans for a parade on Monday though?

ianimal ianimal
Aug '16

They'll get to test out the new roof at the US Open it looks like

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Aug '16

It should start going downhill Saturday pm. I would not write off the entire day. Models really stall the storm so it could remain breezy and showery for days even after the heavier rains move through.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Aug '16

Oh crabgrass! I'm going with my Dad to his HS reunion in Central PA on Sunday. At least it's not going to be snow...perish THAT thought!

Phil D. Phil D.
Aug '16

My yard is in dire need of rain so while the timing isn't great, I look forward to it.

Yeah for rain!

Denis Denis
Aug '16

Figures I will be down the shore......my poor kid has not been able to swim all summer due to broken arm.....
Really wanted him to enjoy this weekend.....

Josepcan Josepcan
Aug '16

Yes the rain we need it bad

Oldred
Aug '16

How's North Carolina sitting in this, Bryan?

Bessie Bessie
Sep '16

Will it be more than just heavy rain? Do we have to worry about it being damaging?

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Sep '16

Looks like Hermine is tracking further Eastward now.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Sep '16

its been a great summer, but that's just a case of some bad luck. on another note, i heard Christmas music at Payless yesterday! Only 16 more weeks and 115 days of shopping left!

Latest track looks just offshore and a stall. So overall heavy rain stays east. Certainly there could still be a period. Overall breezy and showery with some major beach erosion/flooding from the winds. Definitely a concerning issue for the coast but inland locally more of a nuisance.

Down here we will be right on the border of the very heavy rain. Overall I think any serious flooding rains should stay just east of Charlotte but we are still looking at a few inches in my backyard, which we also need.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Sep '16

Bryan - thanks for the updates - enjoy your return even if it not a huge snow event... only a few weeks away till then :)

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Sep '16

Bryan - think I can fly into rdu tomorrow ? Thanks !

skippy skippy
Sep '16

Thanks as always guys. Nice to catch up with everyone.

If you get to Raleigh first half of day it shouldn't be terrible but rain will pick up and probably cause delays. Wouldn't think any major cancellations.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Sep '16

Thanks - glad you stopped by!

skippy skippy
Sep '16

I assume you guys are keeping up with the forecasts. Seems like it's slowing down and today should be ok up there. Now it looks like Sunday things start to go downhill. For inland areas it's still unclear how much impact there will be. The coast will take a pounding no matter what. Definitely a very dangerous storm and too close of a call to take lightly I would say.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Sep '16

Cloudy here in Raleigh

skippy skippy
Sep '16

Darn it looks like our area won't get much rain out of this - it's needed so badly. Hopefully the shore won't get hit too hard.

We got some stiff wind and very light rain yesterday near Greenville. Looked like the cutoff line of heavier rain was just SE of I-85. Today is bright and sunny - not a cloud in the sky.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '16

yeh we had about an inch near Charlotte. Everything cleared out nice today.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Sep '16

Was down in wildwood. Great weekend. Sun was out all 3 days. Windy, but pools were open and we even took a quick dip in the ocean. Got lucky, but business was noticeably slower than most holiday weekends fo' sho'

I was hoping for some rain. Grass needs it. Been trying not to run sprinkler but may have to give in.

emaxxman emaxxman
Sep '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.