Lacrosse coach resignation

Once again hackettstown has done everything possible to not be successful at the high school lacrosse level......finally they have a good knowledgeable coach and a host of talent and boom......coach designed because of absolutely no support from the athletic director.......how long will this continue to happen before we say ENOUGH!!!! I'm disgusted........

Disgusted
Aug '16

Resigned

Disgusted
Aug '16

Did the coach cite non support from the A.D. as the only reason for resigning?

As a former HHS coach, sometimes it is hard to match up with the schedule of a high school- when you are not a high school teacher.. Why don't you step up as a parent instead of going on here to complain?

ListenUp01 ListenUp01
Aug '16

Welcome to the two faced H S machine. Football is the only thing. What happened to the Robotics club???

Geekdad Geekdad
Aug '16

10 years ago a Kittantiny teacher applied for a Position at HHS school. He had a conversation with the AD about starting Lacrosse because he was and still is today the Head coach at Kittatiny High School. Our Athletic Director said to him there will never be Lacrosse ay H-Town High School. Needless to say the teacher is still at KIttatiny as the head coach.

Just the facts Just the facts
Aug '16

You sure the 2-12 record didn't have anything to do with it? And if there’s a lot of talent and the coach is so good, why were the scores so lopsided in the Spring? Maybe that’s why he decided to re-sign or was forced out.

Metsman Metsman
Aug '16

Metsman you cease to amaze me how really ignorant you really are.

The HHS Lacrosse team is startup of Freshmen and Sophomores playing a Varsity schedule made up of other Varsity teams made up of mainly seniors with a few juniors in the mix.

Lets take the HHS varsity baseball team and play other High school freshmen and JV teams and see how they fair against us.

Its really not your fault you are ignorant. Your parents were born that way so what should we expect.

Just the facts Just the facts
Aug '16

lol... no reason to be nasty. I was just making a point. Maybe the AD didn't like what he saw. Get over yourself.

Metsman Metsman
Aug '16

And Newton had a young baseball team in 2016. They beat us. You're the ignorant one. You don't have to be a Senior to be good.

Metsman Metsman
Aug '16

Metsman - I'm pretty sure that when it comes to the lacrosse program at HHS you have no idea what you are talking about. There is really no need for you to attack a bunch of high school kids playing a sport they love. Of course, we would expect nothing different from you. You attack your son's teammates. The AD has been putting roadblocks up since the very beginning of the program and even years before that. I wish I understood why having a lacrosse program at HHS is such a problem.

Listenup1 - The parents and the kids in this program have gone above and beyond to accommodate the coach and his schedule. That is not the issue at all. It is the AD that has made scheduling such an issue.

The ADeould be more than happy to run this program in to the ground and then say see I told you it wouldn't work!

Grumpy Grumpy
Aug '16

this is sad, the LAX program boys and girls is on the upswing in regards to number of kids participating both in HS and feeder programs. Look at those numbers vs. Football, what do we have 25 total Seniors Juniors and Soph. on the HS football team? What about the Youth TSA football? 8th grade has 13 kids and 7th grade team has less than 20.

tigerforever
Aug '16

@tigerfoever, you hit the nail on the head! They are afraid that lax will take away from football, also the $$ involved is probably taking away from football too!

Dadof3
Aug '16

Grumpy I'm not attacking anyone. What do we have to say everyone is good nowadays?! Some of you people make me laugh.

Metsman Metsman
Aug '16

No one said everyone is good. I would be the last person to say that. However, there are some very talented kids on that team. You can not even compare them to the baseball team and getting beat by Newton. There are only 3 players on the team who have played more than 2 years. It takes time to build a program. The roots are there now with the high school and youth programs. Just give them a fair chance.

Grumpy Grumpy
Aug '16

Metsman.....it's a new program and I'm sure u never played the game....other schools start in 3rd grade ...it's a hard game to play.....plus they played teams who have been around forever...it will be a different story now with a nice feeder program in place........and we all know the powers that be don't want lacrosse....it's gotta change ,there is an entire youth program and at least 40 high school kids who are more than sick of this garbage.....the next boe meeting will prove it......and listenup it just happened today and yes I will be at the meeting .....and stop making excuses for the lack of support ......

Disgusted
Aug '16

I hope it gets better. It'll probably be the kids in elementary schools now that'll form winning teams.

Metsman Metsman
Aug '16

Blaming the AD for the Coaches resignation due to lack of support is a bit premature I think. It is very possible the Superintendent and BOE informed the AD that this is how it is going to be as far as Budget, practice space and times so be it. Or maybe the Coach just wants to move on. I have seen the Lacrosse Job posted on school web site. I was impressed with the Lacrosse Program with the number of participants and interest. It takes time and great effort to be competitive versus other established programs. I hope that a new coach is appointed soon so that the program does not fold. Go Tigers !!

LittleRascal LittleRascal
Aug '16

He has been giving the coach a hard time for a while....common knowledge amongst all involved with program....pretty stupid to post a job when you have a coach......never saw that before....but then again anything not to lose players from baseball

Disgusted
Aug '16

There is nothing premature about our comments. We have been involved since the beginning and know what has been going on. The AD has been fighting this program from the very beginning. He has made the coaches job very difficult. He is so unsupportive of this program. I could go on and on and on about all the things he has done to derail this program. This is just one more attempt.

Grumpy Grumpy
Aug '16

Disgusted obviously u didn't see what they did to the football coach

townieforever
Aug '16

Metsman 8 th grade 9-7 won division and took 2nd in championship....... already winning attitude.........

Disgusted
Aug '16

Maybe they need a new AD at HHS.

kb2755 kb2755
Aug '16

You all are barking up the wrong tree. The BOE and Superintendent are the ones who are not supportive. Where do you think the Budget and everything else is approved from the AD? Of course not go to the Board and express yourself instead of throwing the AD under the bus.What are the facts about the AD fighting against the program? Ludicrous!!! And if the coach is sending the parents and players the message that the AD is not supportive of the program is totally unethical and unprofessional. Go Tigers !

Aug '16

LittleRascal - you are completely wrong! It is not the budget that is a problem. It is not the superintendent or the BOE. The coach does not need to say anything. If you were involved with the program, you would easily see what the AD is doing. The fact that the AD is not supportive of a program is unethical and unprofessional.

Grumpy Grumpy
Aug '16

Is the AD still Bobby Grasso?

Lives in PV Lives in PV
Aug '16

We need better development and feeder programs like neighboring towns. If hackettstown kids are just learning at high school they will never be successful at lax.

Lives in PV Lives in PV
Aug '16

There is a feeder program that was started at the same time as the high school program. And yes, the AD is still Bobby Grauso.

Grumpy Grumpy
Aug '16

Caruso needs a bit more pay cause his kids are in college..

Geekdad Geekdad
Aug '16

Livesinpv we have a successful feeder program....

Disgusted
Aug '16

Little rascal...you couldn't be more incorrect!!! Unethical is not supporting our students desire to play lacrosse .....those of us involved with the program know the facts..... believe what you will but we know first hand....

Disgusted
Aug '16

Grumpy and Lives in Panther Valley....how about the character and commitment of the Coach?. He turned his back on his student athletes and Resigned and LEAVES the program. Because things did not go his way.....he took his Ball and went Home.!!!! Really? He left the TEAM !! He knew the circumstances when he applied for the position. HE QUIT on his Team !!!! Great Role Model for the team. Pathetic! Wake up and move on and hope that a dedicated committed coach comes to HHS.

Aug '16

Townieforever I did see what they did...but I have no desire to talk about football ..... I meant no other school does that .......that I am aware of..... football coach gets no support as well........I have never seen a more polluted youth program that is directly responsible for hindering young athletes.......that's a fact...... high school coach has to take time that should be spent on fundamentals to teach whole new system...then take more time to teach the basics that are overlooked because of the lack of experienced coaches at the youth level......not all but most.....

Disgusted
Aug '16

I bet if "the parents" of the children in the programs, provide the "additional monies" required to fully support another sports program with "full " financial commitment, things would be looked at differently and in a more positive note ( since monies to fund additional programs) ...that did not exist years ago are not in the budget , yet more and more is "expected to be provided.....Money changes everything !

Just my opinion.

Steven Steven
Aug '16

Can anyone give specific ways the AD is not being supportive to the program?

Outsidetheprogram Outsidetheprogram
Aug '16

Steven....we do provide $ ....and being that we pay a lot in taxes ,have no bus service ,there is no excuse y the field isn't lined,or why the nets aren't up ,or why there was only 3 games until the ad was spoken to..parents and booster buy almost everything including helmets that the school should supply.....they play on a mowed prairie instead of the turf....I can continue ,its a joke......no support

Disgusted
Aug '16

As I read through this thread this morning I need to clarify a thread comment.

Let the 100% fact be know that the ENTIRE BOE and Mr. Mango were in total support of this program for both boys and girls.

If it was not for the BOE and the superintendent Lacrosse in H-Town would not EXIST!

They have taken over 65 student athletes and given them a opportunity to participate and be active in the spring.

That is a 100% fact!!

just the facts just the facts
Aug '16

Just the facts--You are totally right. I was at the Board meeting when it was approved. And it is not because of football, they thought it would take away from their baseball in HS. That's what I had heard several years ago when LAX was brought up. And Metsman, give it a rest already. Your negativity and sarcasm never ceases to amaze me. You have been like this since the TSA days. I thought you would have learned your lesson by now.

just saying just saying
Aug '16

Just Saying, I speak for the realistic people in the community who don’t want to be scorned on this site by people like you. Over the years several people have said I’m spot on with my comments. Maybe that’s the problem. People don’t want to hear the truth.

Now let’s go back to what I said. I said maybe the coach got pushed out over the 2-12 record. Nothing wrong with saying that. I also pointed to the 2-12 record when someone said the program is stacked with talent. Nothing wrong with saying that. If you want to say there is potential to get better, that is a better way to phrase it. Certainly can only get better going forward. It could very well be that Grausso is the main culprit. Who knows....

Let’s not even bring up TSA… What a joke that was… LOL…

How did LittleRascal get a pass from you?! He basically called the coach a quitter and questioned his character...

Metsman Metsman
Aug '16

I heard they are getting a new football coach also....is that true? He was getting a hard time. I'm starting get to see a trend

Lives in PV Lives in PV
Aug '16

I've been an AD. You always wish you could do more than the money you are budgeted allows you to do. That's just a fact of life when you work for a school.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '16

Metsman you've proven your ignorance once again. I haven't been on this site in two years. Glad to see nothing has changed. The LAX program is stacked with talent. It's just raw and inexperienced. Anyone familiar with the program was extremely happy with the coach. He donated tons of hours to the youth program and it was easy to see the future was bright. You don't have a kid in the program and you are completely unfamiliar with the situation. Throwing random speculation on this thread only shows your stupidity. You'd be better off avoiding this thread.

tigersportsfan tigersportsfan
Sep '16

No I think you’re ignorant saying a team is stacked with talent when they only won 2 games. How about they get to a winning record before you start making claims like that. Obviously you’re a parent whose feelings get hurt easily. I don’t hear any football parents going around saying that team is stacked with talent.

Metsman Metsman
Sep '16

Seems like everyone on here is speculating. Has anyone talked to the coach to see what really happened?

Metsman Metsman
Sep '16

Metsman thanks for proving my point! Also, I didn't realize this was a football thread but as long as you brought it up I believe the current group of Juniors has had plenty of success.

Sep '16

Metsman.. when we say talent we mean athletes........to win any games in the division they played was an accomplishment.........it's like putting a kid in a hockey rink who has never played before against kids who have been skating since birth .....I'm not attacking you personally but lacrosse is an entirely different animal....

Disgusted
Sep '16

Metsman - what makes you think the coach isn't one of the people posting??

Tigersportsfan you just lost all credibility saying the football team has been a success on the field. Perhaps individual players stood out but they haven't won anything or had a winning record.

Disgusted, so if that's the case how can you say they're stacked with talent? Just say you have some good athletes capable of picking up the game and improving. Stacked with talent implies you're capable of winning a championship right now.

GC he could very well be.

Metsman Metsman
Sep '16

Metsman if you knew how to read you would have noticed that I pointed out the current Juniors. That group won the MCMFL in 8th and won almost all their freshmen and JV games. Many of them also contributed to the varsity team as sophomores. It remains to be seem how they'll do as upper classmen.

You are the one spouting off about a lacrosse team and coach you have no idea about. Not sure why baseball people are so threatened by lacrosse. Any kid that switches to lacrosse wasn't going to be a great baseball player and vise versa.

Sep '16

Metsman.....you are incorrect ,stacked with talent means you have a bunch of athletes...it's obvious you are here to irritate everyone with your comments,i get it...... normally I would be more than happy to do the same ,but I am more concerned with the kids I have coached since they were 5 having a lacrosse coach in high school......

Disgusted
Sep '16

I’m not threatened by lacrosse. I hope the program works out. In fact, I don’t think lacrosse impacted baseball at all. I have a daughter on the way and if that’s the sport she wants to play one day, I would support it.

Metsman Metsman
Sep '16

I'm sure Grauso would say he's not threatened by lacrosse either but actions speak louder than words.

Sep '16

Anyone who has used the word "win" or "won" or anything of that nature has missed the point.

not sack
Sep '16

The band has placed better than the football team. Just bringing a little chuckle. If not for the football program, the marching band would be practicing regular music.

Geekdad Geekdad
Sep '16

Instead of "stacked with talent" I would say "athletes with potential."

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '16

It is nice to see how the BOE is Defended by "just the facts" when the AD was thrown under the bus and ZERO support for him. Really ?? What is wrong with that picture?

Sep '16

That's what I said Andy. Lets see if they call you ignorant now.

Metsman Metsman
Sep '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.