New Htown Town Councilman Being Appointed 8/31?

Someone told me there's going to be a Town Council meeting on 8/31 to appoint a new council member to the vacant seat? I didn't even know there was a vacant seat. Does anyone know who's being appointed?? I also thought that had to be filled by election?

Jimsco
Aug '16

I'm dying to know.

just saying just saying
Aug '16

There is an empty seat that the BOE has to fill - don't know about the Council.

Grizzly Adams
Aug '16

I believe its one of our posters!

Christine Christine
Aug '16

No clues Christine!

Darrin Darrin
Aug '16

Congratulations to darrin?

Bug3
Aug '16

Darwin?

kb2755 kb2755
Aug '16

kb2755 DING DING DING!!

Darwin ran for council but failed to get enough votes. I think he will make a great councilman.

Christine Christine
Aug '16

Oh man! You just sold him out Christine!

Darrin Darrin
Aug '16

Sold him out? I don't think darwin's identity was a closely guarded secret. It's not like she gave out the password for his Fortress of Solitude or anything.

ianimal ianimal
Aug '16

Sold him out for what? He knows he is being appointed and so does half the town. I was hoping no one would get it but kb did. LOL

Christine Christine
Aug '16

Bill Conforti resigned in the middle of his term so there is an opening. The way the process works is that because he is a Republican, the town republican committee gets to nominate 3 replacement candidates. The town council will vote on those candidates at this Wednesday public meeting. The public is welcome to come
Voice their opinion. Whoever the town council votes on will still appear on the Nov ballot and if voted in will continue out the scheduled term until it expires in 2018.

I am very honored to be one of 3 nominees up for consideration

Darwin Darwin
Aug '16

So I'm confused, are they voting on Wednesday and Darwin is one of three nominees or does he already know he has it per Christine's post. Am I confusing 2 different positions?

Bessie Bessie
Aug '16

"Sold him out for what? He knows he is being appointed and so does half the town"

Now everyone will know who "Darwin" is.....I am positive that half of the town did not know who "Darwin" was. You sort of took away his ability to be anonymous in discussions on this forum.

I knew who this was all along but did not say anything because it was not my place to reveal his identity, nor was it yours honestly.

Darrin Darrin
Aug '16

Then maybe use your real name....

?who?
Aug '16

Bessie they are voting on Wednesday. Until they vote noting is definite.

But I guess my identity is out there lol. No big deal I never really hid it that well.

Darwin Darwin
Aug '16

There may be some anonymity if Darwin is just a screen name.... not sure though.

@Bessie - it sounds like the council will select 1 of the 3 candidates on Wednesday and then that person will be on the ballot in November.

Darrin he didn't hide it when he ran for counsel that's why I confirmed it. I do not know of the other 2 though so if it makes you feel better you can name those.

Christine Christine
Aug '16

Looks to me that someone will be sworn in.

Public Notice

Be advised that the Mayor and Common Council of the Town of Hackettstown will hold a special meeting on August 31, 2016 at 5:30pm in the Hackettstown Municipal Building, 215 Stiger Street, Hackettstown, NJ.

The purpose of said meeting will be to take action to fill the vacant Council seat and administer the Oath of Office and Oath of Allegiance to said person.

Formal action will be taken.

William Kuster

Dadof3
Aug '16

Yes sorry if that was not clear. The person that the town council votes for will get sworn in that night and Will finish out the year. That person will also appear on the Nov ballot and if voted in will continue the scheduled term.

Darwin Darwin
Aug '16

Good for you Darwin!

positive positive
Aug '16

It will be refreshing to futility attempt to vote out a new incumbent this year.

Denis Denis
Aug '16

Fabulous news! Darwin, you'll be a great on the town Council, hoping all votes go your way!

trekster3- trekster3-
Aug '16

Christine, maybe i missed it, can you show me where he posted as Darwin?

Darrin Darrin
Aug '16

Assuming the vote goes your way, good luck Darwin.

justintime justintime
Aug '16

Good luck Darwin!

Bessie Bessie
Aug '16

Darwin.... Hit 'em with the Hein!!!

ianimal ianimal
Aug '16

i think this is good news.

good luck to you darwin as you move forward. you will be value added to the council just as you have been 'vaule added' to the town.

don't worry about being incognito here as i have chosen a new screen name for you - "SD the 2nd", no one will know it's you so you can feel free to have at the issues being discussed up here at the sedate, never controversial and never negative HL forum. (sarcasm alert) ;) there, that's better, the addition of the winking smiley face makes it aok to post. (them's the rules) :)

seriously, congrats and the best of luck to you as you tackle the issues faced, it ain't easy, that's for sure.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '16

I hope that means he has to stop posting.....

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Aug '16

LMAO craftbeerbob!!!

Thanks BD

Darwin Darwin
Aug '16

Good luck Darwin!

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '16

What are the 3 nominees real names?

Grizzly Adams
Aug '16

Congrats

skippy skippy
Aug '16

What are the nominees real names? Why so shady Darwin?

pampurr pampurr
Aug '16

pampurr - Unlike you, he disclosed his real name in a post back in 2012. (as Christine said) No one has to send him nastigrams about "cease and desist". He's honest, he's not hiding at all.

Here you go Grizzy and even pampur:

http://www.nj.com/warren/index.ssf/2016/08/1_councilman_resigns_a_new_one_to_be_picked_in_hac.html#incart_email

Darwin Darwin
Aug '16

Wow..sorry to see him go.. William Conforti was a voice of reason on that town council..geez..Got big shoes to fill there Darwin.

pampurr pampurr
Aug '16

If it's you Lambo, don't become Rambo.

kb2755 kb2755
Aug '16

Yup.it's Darwin/Lambo..talk about transparency??

pampurr pampurr
Aug '16

I think most of us use online names, not to be shady, but to safe or it started out that way. I've used my name for about 20 years when we were told NEVER USE YOUR REAL NAME ONLINE, IT'S NOT SAFE. Sad to say that even now, just on this forum I'm not sure it's safe. Hearing of people getting nasty emails from their own neighbors is terrible, not sure I'd want to much info out there that would allow someone here to find where I live, etc. There's probably a little story behind everyone's name and for those that feel empowered using their real names, good for you. It's all about your comfort level. I think you can even google some user names here and find out who they are if you're so inclined. I would find it hard to believe that Darwin was trying to be shady when he started posting here. Just something else for people to be nasty about. May not be a popular way to look at, but it's my way of seeing it. No need to bash.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '16

Pampurr, Darwin/Jim is not a bad guy, yes he has a tendency to rub people behind that Darwin name, we have all seen it, but I have had a chance to meet with him and agree with him on various topics more so then our little spats on this forum would make you think.

Give him a chance, I think he will be willing to open his mouth and fight for whats right way more then I have ever seen Conforti do.

No offence to Conforti, but he lost a lot of my support when he represented the PB about the Phase 2 ordinance change and in my opinion he did not properly represent the PB's concerns and suggestions. Anyone who attended the TC then the PB then the final TC meeting on this saw this occur. The planning board had many concerns and suggestions, but when Conforti was asked what the planning board though of the ordinance he basically just said they were fine with it and spoke for himself representing his own feelings.

Darrin Darrin
Aug '16

Lol I can't even remember why I pick my username as Darwin I just know "Jim" was taken. I've also posted under Jim L. I'll use that one going forward so I'll retire Darwin. :)

Also is you've been sending nastigrams to Darwin sorry I don't check that email. U can use jimlambo@hotmail.com from now on. Hope that's enough transparency you I pampurr. :)

Darwin Darwin
Aug '16

also I'm pretty sure I've used my real name before and even posted a picture of me... I've grown a beard since this post. Just to be shady I guess lol

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/597669#t598775

-Jim. Formally Darwin :)

Jim L Jim L
Aug '16

Wishing you well, Jim............Glad you're in the position you're in

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '16

Wrong link Jim, here

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/597669#t598553

Darrin Darrin
Aug '16

Best of luck Jim.

kb2755 kb2755
Aug '16

Jim... Nastigrams?..What the hell are you talking about?

Pampurr Pampurr
Aug '16

Darrin..just two weeks ago Jim Lambo made a public statement on this forum stating I and Steve only went to two meetings regarding Bergen Tool..which is a lie. You even acknowledged it as being untruthful and you say he rubs people the wrong way!!!!!! Hell yeah!

Pampurr Pampurr
Aug '16

I'm sorry Pam Davis I was mistaken by the number of meeting you attended my bad.

Darwin Darwin
Aug '16

I have enough confidence in Jim for the counsel seat. We have not always agreed on topics and I would like to think I made an impression on him inviting him to join the Event Committee of the BID. He is a huge asset to the town.

AND yes he has revealed himself. He has never hidden behind his name Darwin. I am one of those people that get the nastygrams. I was once told by some posters they do that because they can. I have held back on a lot of postings lately because of it. I was thinking of changing my name and becoming anonymous but I would rather just read, type then delete.

Good Luck Jim!

Christine Christine
Aug '16

This has turned into such an odd "argument" - people have every right to use whatever name they want to without needing to justify it or it appearing shady.

Regardless good luck, Jim.

Best wishes Jim!

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '16

Why on earth even bring that up -Jim?..to make us look bad...?My husband has lived in Hackettstown for almost 60 years..loves this town and wants to see change for the better. .he has even been asked to run for Mayor although he declined ..that was uncalled for what you said about us but we accept your apology.

Pampurr Pampurr
Aug '16

"AND yes he has revealed himself."

:-O WHAT!?!?!?! :-O

Darrin Darrin
Aug '16

For the record, nobody is arguing that Jim used a anynomous name, its a forum and as bessie stated its about comfort level. I personally use my real name because i would never say something on the forum that i would not say to someones face. I have no problem with people connecting my feelings to my actual person.

What is being argued is the Darwin / Jim connection that was not ever, that i know of, made on this forum until someone revealed that info. There could be 100 Jims in Hackettstown for all we knew, but now everyone knows that Darwin / Jim is the Jim that will be on the town council, essential taking away Jim's annynomous character without his permission. My point is that it's not anyone's place to reveal info about someone else.

What's done is obviously done, but hopefully people can learn from their mistakes and keep information that is not public knoledge to themselves. IMO it is not very polite to reveal any info regardless of how many people you think may know, its just not your place.

I have had a very similar issue with a particular user emailing "nastygrams" to people they thought i did not know.....yes those nastygrams got back to me, and yes i know the lies that were within them.....that is called deformation of character. Same issue arises when answering personal questions that were not directed toward you, have had that as well, if i wanted the info out there i would answer the question myself.....get my drift?

Moving forward....best of luck to Jim, you have until November to prove your worth LOL!

Darrin Darrin
Aug '16

I did not have a problem with that Darrin I could care less..I have no problem with him stating my name on a public forum ..which he did. Our problem with Jim Lambo was he made a libelous statement about me and my husband on a public forum to make us both look bad....he had no facts to base it off of...it was just mean spirited and uncalled for. What was the point?

.And quite frankly we don't want this kind of nasty behavior on Town Council. We will remember this going forward when it is time to vote. Showed his true colors.

pampurr pampurr
Aug '16

my point pampurr was not to make you "look bad". I was stating more people need to attend town/planning board meetings to 1) get the correct facts, 2) to see how the process works, 3) to voice their concerns. Simply complaining about everything on HL does not get anything accomplished. I apologize that I did not recognize you in attendance at the meetings you went to. However reading the meetings minutes I do not see your name as someone you came forward to voice your concerns on the record. Chris Morph, Darrin and others have and their voices helped adjust the CVS plans. your HL posts bashing the town/planning board did nothing. Good news, it looks like you will get at least one more chance to attend a planning board meeting to voice your concerns about phase 2. I hope to see you there and up at the mic, I look forward to hearing your opinion on the project at the proper forum to voice your concerns.

for the record this was my post: I never mentioned your husband in it so not sure where you got that from:

"funny pam we haven't seen you at a meeting in what 2 years now?

I hope you "love it" when its in your backyard and you never voiced your concern to the board."

Once again I will point out while you may have attended meetings, I don't recall ever hearing you voice your concerns to the board. So you can "love" what a "mess" you think phase 2 is but not voicing your opinion to the board is not helping resolve the "mess".

I look forward to seeing you at the 9/27 planning board meeting. I will be more than happy to formally introduce myself to you and your husband as I did with Darrin.

Jim L Jim L
Aug '16

Darrin, please me rest assured that anything I have to say under Bessie would be the same thing I would say to anyone's face. I would hope that those that I have met personally would attest to that. I've just always been Bessie online, lol. Not hiding from anyone.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '16

Also this was Darrin's comment to your "love it post"

"of course pampurr, but if nobody from the public shows up to voice their concerns/opinions, the board will never know the public's opinion. They have to go with the silent majority, and since thus far, the majority of people surrounding this property do not show up, what does that say?"

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/568705

so we basically said the same thing. show up and voice your concerns to the board or live with the consequences

Jim L Jim L
Aug '16

Personally, I think they most people that look bad on public forums do it all by themselves, not sure that someone else can make them look worse.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '16

Hypocrite much?! LOL...In fact Lambo why don't you ask Keith and Morph and Darrin if we were there at these meetings from the very beginning..No we did not go to all of them..but we didn't notice you at those meeting that took place early on? Hmmmm Why is that??

Take your attitude somewhere else..your not elected yet.

pampurr pampurr
Aug '16

Jim, to link to a actual post click the time stamp on that post then use that new web link it takes you to.

Darrin Darrin
Aug '16

I don't believe there was any "attitude" in any of my post on this thread. But no worries, I am well aware I will not earn you and your husband's votes.

Darn it Darrin!! so that is how it's done! good to know

Jim L Jim L
Aug '16

My husband wants no part of you..that's correct ..since libeling us on this forum..Darrin had to correct your lie..I have a screen shot of it.

....BTW.... I see you didn't fare so well last year when you ran as an independent. Good Luck with that! lololol.

pampurr pampurr
Aug '16

I rest my case!

Bessie Bessie
Aug '16

"made a public statement on this forum stating I and Steve only went to two meetings regarding Bergen Tool..which is a lie" -pam

"funny pam we haven't seen you at a meeting in what 2 years now?" -what I actually said.

see the difference? And I never mentioned your husband. Please when you are calling me a liar get your facts right. it would help your case and wouldn't be so ironic.

Jim L Jim L
Aug '16

What the hell concern is it of yours how many meetings we attended. We went....Are you stalking us...we that important to you?.Obviously you are taking count...Actually, you give me the creeps..Story is we went from the very beginning. .you were no where to be found..

Pampurr Pampurr
Aug '16

"show up and voice your concerns to the board or live with the consequences" Sounds like a catchy campaign slogan!

Denis Denis
Aug '16

Or a threat.

DannyC DannyC
Aug '16

LOL Denis I trademarked it :)

Jim L Jim L
Aug '16

Seems like he has a hard on about me and Steve..not attending all of the meetings he was present at...what about the many other people in the immediate area that never attended a meeting at all. A good politician would address that issue instead of brow beating just us.

Pampurr Pampurr
Aug '16

Jim L. you trademark logos; you copyright slogans. Just saying (-;

ianimal ianimal
Aug '16

always there to correct me ianimal!! lol

maybe i'll hire you as my campaign manager. :)

Jim L Jim L
Aug '16

Did everyone sign up for the football pool?

Bessie Bessie
Aug '16

No not yet Bessie, but thanks for the reminder. It looks like a lot of fun :) I bet my dh would love the pool. He isn't on Social Media, but I bet when he hears there is a football pool he will join it. Of course I will go against any team he likes. Lol! I love to challenge him.

Realist1 Realist1
Aug '16

I don't know Mr. Lambo but I wish him well and applaud his willingness to "enter the arena". BTW he will be serving on the Town COUNCIL rather than "counsel"...Best of luck.

Evergreen'69 Evergreen'69
Aug '16

This whole thread makes my head spin.
If you aren't happy with Jim why not go out for a position as well? I personally have no desire. But what is your excuse? Easier to beetch on HL?
Btw! I have no clue who Jim is!
Just saying..............

Realist1 Realist1
Aug '16

Well it's official I'm your new councilman.... Well until You vote me out in November. Lol

I'm very humble to have been choosen and look forward to campaigning this fall to earn your confidence and vote

I'm kinda embarrassed there's an entire thread about me so i will graciously bow out. Thanks for those that wished me luck and GC I appreciate meeting you at the meeting

Once I get my town email set up I will let you all know. Please feel free to email about any concerns or ideas you may have.

Jim L Jim L
Aug '16

Jim L - Glad to be there, since not another single one of the myriad of complainers so intimately involved in the town's dealings saw fit to be there. Anything you need from me, just ask. I'm glad we could convince the kids to join you, nice picture!!

Congrats, Jim!

Congratulations Darwin/Jim!

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '16

Congrats Darwin/Jim :)

Realist1 Realist1
Aug '16

Sorry I could not make it, working took priority, congrats Jim, let me know when you wanna hit up a few local brewskies!

Considering there was a 1 week notice CG I wouldn't be surprised if some people had already made plans. Secondly forum wise, this forum about the special meeting is only 2 days old, so take it easy with the stopping about people seeing fit to be there.

Darrin Darrin
Aug '16

Happy for you Darwin/Jim!

Pampur, you've had no problem offending people time and time again, but you are somehow so easily offended over something minor compared to what you've posted in the past.

Hmm, confused....

positive positive
Aug '16

..Congrats Jim/Darwin...game on....lol...

Pampurr Pampurr
Sep '16

Congratulations Jim, I wish you the best of luck in your new position.

Bessie Bessie
Sep '16

Congratulations Jim - I think you'll be a much needed breath of fresh air on our council along with Matt Engelau -- You have that fantastic balance of enthusiasm, new ideas and pragmatic realism that will serve our town well!!

trekster3- trekster3-
Sep '16

Congratulations, Jim L.to a member of Hackettstown Town Council. I am also glad to hear that you are bowing out of posting on HL Forum and instead accepting private emails for your correspondence with those who wish to speak to you in private. The Forum can be a good thing for some posters but can also be very bad for others especially those who are public figures. Wishing you the best....

Joyful Joyful
Sep '16

POSITIVE... Static condition of yours stay confused...hmmmm lol..

pampurr pampurr
Sep '16

Congrats, Jim!

thanks again everyone for the well wishes and encouragement. My town email address is up and running so please use that if you would like to contact me going forward.

jlambo@hackettstown.net

-Darwin out!! LOL

Jim L Jim L
Sep '16

JimL/Darwin

Now that you are a council person and hoping to continue in November make it a point to walk around and introduce yourself. Do this thru the whole town, not just your friends.

Several of us do NOT know who you are.

Bernie Bernie
Sep '16

This town is ran by 9 to 5ers. If you work a 2nd shift job or nights you can't attend meetings or be involved with anything in town that your family is involved with.

So showing up to voice a concern can be your motto but there are a lot of people that can't.

Well I will be at the Republican booth at the Street Fair this Sunday if anyone wants to stop by so I can introduce myself. I'll be at the booth from 11-1pm. Hope to meet some HLs :)

Jim L Jim L
Sep '16

Very true CJ. His Mantra..lol..

pampurr pampurr
Sep '16

just 11-1? That is not much exposure !!!

You were given a gift with this appointment. Now let us see what you can do!

Bernie Bernie
Sep '16

Bernie, Jim has put his town contact information out there, and has been openly willing to answer resident's questions. Informing people that he will be at the street fair is great!

I think thus far he is doing a great job on the PB, I am yet to attend a TC meeting due to work obligations going absolutely insane currently!

Darrin Darrin
Sep '16

Bernie I received an email just this morning from the Warren County Republicans asking to volunteer to man the booth. I was given the time slots of 11-1. 1-3. And 3-5 as they want a rotation. So I picked 11-1

And I wouldn't call it a gift. I worked hard the last 4 years getting involved in town and volunteering my time. But if I don't get the pleasure of meeting you on Sunday I'm sure I'll bump into you as I do my door to door introductions.

Jim L. Jim L.
Sep '16

...Jim states he worked hard in the last four years.... (certainly not on the Bergen Tool Project)? Steve and I participated at the meetings on the Bergen Tool Project ....and collecting data for the residents.. Steve even went door to door..with flyers around the area!!!!! We also volunteered our time.

FYI: .Mr. Jim Longo was not at these meetings from the get go. FACT

Mr. Jim Longo also communicated on this forum with an alias "Darwin" on social media up until recently was outed on this forum..Something wrong with this picture. Transparency much???

pampurr pampurr
Sep '16

Who is Jim Longo?

And yes I used an alias on HL as 90% of us have. But at least I never had a conversation with my spouse on HL and acted like I didn't know who it was:

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/342989#t344272
http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/342989#t344642
http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/342989#t346848
http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/342989#t353279

talk about transparency.

crap she keeps sucking me back in... I got to get off this

Jim L Jim L
Sep '16

I am NOT running for office Longo..And Darrin NO I will not endorse this man for dog catcher..he is not transparent and hides behind an alias...coward.

Bernie..what "GIFT" where you talking about? Do tell???

pampurr pampurr
Sep '16

His name is Lambo. It's hilarious that you're trying to discredit someone whose name you can't even get right.

Tracy Tracy
Sep '16

pampurr you are hiding behind an alias also.

Jim made it very clear when he changed his name. He actually did it a long time ago posting his picture.

Yes we know you went to early meetings. You have stated it several times like you are trying to convince yourself. Jim mentioned it once and it was about the recent meetings you have not attended FACT! So no argument there.

Jim has been on several different committees volunteering his time to the town. AND BTW his last name is NOT Longo. At least get that right.

Christine Christine
Sep '16

Your in for life, nobody gets out.

https://youtu.be/UPw-3e_pzqU

Denis Denis
Sep '16

Jim Lambo never heard of this person.

Now he is a councilman for our town. He was chosen out of two previous councilmen we had on the board to take the place of Conforti. To me this is a gift

Now he thinks he has it made to get the election in November with no work on his part. He is not going to get much support on my behalf.

One has to be a soldier before becoming a general in my estimation..

Bernie Bernie
Sep '16

I have nothing to hide Christine! I don't really want to know his name at this point it's meaningless to me..!!! LOL... My name is Pam Davis and I am an animal advocate that donates time and money to animal rescue all over this country. I have volunteered my time and experience to work with the disabled children and adults at Centenary University TRAC program under Octavia Brown......And I have also lobbied Congress to pass the SAFE ACT.with many animal advocates.

I am sick of his petty BS on this forum..JL had plenty of times to introduce himself to me at the meetings but failed to do so!!!

pampurr pampurr
Sep '16

Why so angry all the time, pampurr? You'd think someone who works with animals and children would be less of a grouch.

Tracy Tracy
Sep '16

No support from me and my friends in Hackettstown for sure..Bernie, You are so right..it was gifted to him.....He has done nothing in my estimation to to deserve this appointment...I want to see a list of all his accomplishments!

Let's start with the alias "Darwin"...he has been all over social media...bla,bla,bla..with NO Substance !!!

pampurr pampurr
Sep '16

I think purr and Longo are are in a romantic relationship!

FrankFurter FrankFurter
Sep '16

Hello,

My name is Jim Lambo and I am currently your new town councilman. I am 38years old, happily married for 13 years and have 2 young boys at Hatchery Elem school. my wife and I moved here in 2005 to start our family. I started getting involved in town first through my kids sports as a volunteer coach 6 years ago and then through the BID event committee 4 years ago to help with town events. I am not a long time Hackettstown resident nor do I have a "town name" so I'm sure most outside my age range don't know me. Which I think the fact that I gotten myself to this point shows more of the hard work and involvement I have done in town than it shows what a "gift" I got.

I ran unsuccessfully for town council last year as an Independent. I was the only one running against the incumbents that showed up to the WRNJ debate. I'm actually proud of how I did in the election since I am not well know and did not have a party to back me or rely on voters voting down party lines. I was asked to join the Republican party as they were looking for new faces and saw my dedication to our town. I was honored to be picked to be Mr. Conforti's replacement and look forward to running this November. I sit on the Planning board as of this past spring as the Mayor's alternate and will continue to now in Bill's place.

I have given out my personal email as well as my town's email. Feel free to reach out to me with any concerns or questions you may have or if you want to learn more about me.

Now that my schedule has died down a little I will be going out door to door to introduce myself. Still trying to make a flyer that doesn't look stupid. LOL
I will make sure to visit you pampurr and Bernie

Lastly if you want to continue to bash me on HL, feel free, I am a big boy and can take it.

OK this time I am really leaving this thread for good. I mean it Denis! LOL

Jim L Jim L
Sep '16

Good luck Jim, I hope to get a chance to say hi Sunday.

Denis Denis
Sep '16

FYI this is for Tracy..this is NO laughing matter buttercup..... http://www.wildhorsepreservation.org/media/mass-killing-45000-wild-horses-recommended-tell-congress-and-administration-no....if you love animals get on board or get lost.

pampurr pampurr
Sep '16

Pampurr I wish you'd be as kind to people as you are to animals.....

positive positive
Sep '16

What is your point, pampurr? So because animals are mistreated you get to be nasty to local people on a forum for absolutely no reason? Makes sense. Animals can sense negativity, so maybe you should take it down a notch, sunshine.

Tracy Tracy
Sep '16

My point is animal's don't lie unlike politicos..We were promised open space for children to play at Bergen Tool..That open space is now a retention pond for the run off for the apartments...and a walking path around a retention pond. Play Area? ??..Agenda was to give this developer cart blanche to everything he wanted.

Pampurr Pampurr
Sep '16

What are you talking about pampurr/Pam? What changed at BT?

Grizzly Adams
Sep '16

There is still 3 acres of open space in the plans. The retention pond is not included in that 3 acres of open space. sorry but please make sure you have your facts straight before posting.

Jim L Jim L
Sep '16

What is the intention of those three acres?...What is your platform on this? Going to keep it a ballfield where the children have access to it?

Pampurr Pampurr
Sep '16

Grizzly Adams - It's Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. As Jim L points out, the statement that the open space turned into the retention pond is a lie. In fact, if pampurr would have been at the TC meeting like Darrin & The Morp were, she would know there were changes locked into ordinance. That makes the open space not restricted to just "ballfield" but additional kinds of recreation so the use can be expanded even more. They also locked in the requirement to have it be open to all Hackettstown residents, not just residents of the housing there. But I guess it's not just politicos.

GC, Steve and I were at the meetings...please stop spreading lies.

pampurr pampurr
Sep '16

Pampurr, when the town council passed the ordinance to allow the town homes, apartments and retail, they included a rule in the new ordinance that no part of the open space was to include storm water management implications.

You do have a point about the American Sawmill memorial though, and the PB brought this up at one of the recent meetings....that whole thing seemed to have disappeared.

GC, it's not a "lie" per say, it is working off of old information. Originally prior to this new ordinance, the developer DID try to include the retention pond in the open space....the town in turn, when creating the new ordinance protected us from that occurring.

Darrin Darrin
Sep '16

Early on They tried and failed. And anyone that was at the Phase 2 planning board meeting would have seen the design plans and would see that the 3acres of open space was there and does not include the retention pond in it. So why state that differently on HL if you say you were at The planning board meeting? If you were there then you would know what you just posted was a lie.

Jim L. Jim L.
Sep '16

The plans I saw this area sits to the back of the housing where some older towns people have told me there was a baseball field. There is also a walking path that encompasses around the open space. The only thing I didn't like was how close the curbs are at the intersections. If any of you have driven behind Morristown Medical center you may have seen this new design taking off in towns. They pinch the intersections with curbing to force motorists to slow down. In the end it causes problems with snow removal, parking and causes a back log in traffic. This doesn't look like a highly traveled area other then the residents that list there since Bergen doesn't comes out to Main St and is closed off by the tracks. It will just make it really tight for larger vehicles like the Towns Ladder truck

As far As Jim, I may not see eye to eye with him on a few things but you can't say it was a gift. He put up a good fight in the last election taking on two career council persons. I believe one of them still takes the health benefits. Jim put forth the effort to get on the ballet getting signatures and paying for signs. He got himself out there and in the public and voiced his opinions on things. I myself would not have liked to see the people who have held a council position before get on with the resignation. We currently have these career politicians everywhere and we can't seem to get them out.

Good luck to Jim with the appointment. I hope his vote and time over there on Stiger betters the community and not just the people who get voted in without question.

Pampur, just information, as I am not sure what meetings you were at, but this "new ordinance" was passed by town council 10/8/2015, and the new plans they have came up with for the site since have reflected this new ordinance thus far.

Darrin Darrin
Sep '16

the ONLY time a drawing with the retention pond as part of the open space was at the 12/10/13 meeting. It was a conceptual design of Phase 2. It was immediately shot down by the planning board at that meeting and was never included in the formal application.

you can read the minutes of that meeting on the town website
http://www.hackettstown.net/planning-zoning-boards/

They also discussed just fencing in the 'contaminated" area but that too was shot down.

The town council then took it one step farther and passed an ordinance stating NO property can just fence in a contaminated area. it must be cleaned/capped.

So I am sure pampurr was at a meeting since this 12/10/2013 so I would hope she would pass along proper facts.

Jim L Jim L
Sep '16

thank you CJ.

BTW I sent you an email a week ago responding to your post about not being able to attend meeting due to work shifts. Let me know if you got it and If there is anything I can do for you to get your voice heard at a meeting.

Jim L Jim L
Sep '16

pampurr - You were not in attendance at the TC 10/8/2015 meeting. Neither was your husband. No lie.

Darrin - It was an outright lie. Not knowing the ordinance had been modified is outdated information, quite true. But the statement that the "open space is now a retention pond" is a lie. That's how FUD works. You don't say "the developer tried to make the open space into a retention pond". Instead you make it sound like it already happened.

Jim L - Looks like you've been vindicated on the previous statement about meeting attendance. So it's not been two years, but Darrin just dated proof positive it's been one year.

Yeah... So What?

Pampurr Pampurr
Sep '16

JIM..What is your personal stance on the three acres? What do YOU think should be done with them?

Pampurr Pampurr
Sep '16

I have 2 boys that play sports. I want fields in that open space. Or at the very least turned into a park with a playground. I am not in favor of it just being 3 acres of grass with nothing there. Any parent with kids in sports knows there is a shortage of baseball fields, football fields, soccer fields etc in town. It would also be nice for the kids in the area to have a playground at this end of town. There are playgrounds at Riverfront and by the pool but nothing over here. Plus the kids in the townhome / apartment need a safe place to play

Jim L. Jim L.
Sep '16

There was a baseball field there..my son played there..My problem, Jim is I do not trust Rice.. .we are depending on the Town Council to hold him to his word. Children on this side of town need a safe place to play.

Pampurr Pampurr
Sep '16

Is it common to require public ball fields on private land? I wouldn't think so, but it seems like the zoning process could be used to coerce that outcome...

justintime justintime
Sep '16

and that is my point JIT. pam asked my what "personal" stance was. What we may want personally as residents may not always be what we can "require" as PB. just because we don't always get what we want personally doesn't necessary mean we "caved" to the developer.

Jim L Jim L
Sep '16

Correct Jim, but when the town changes the ordnance to allow a building to come down that was suppose to stay, due partially in part to the developer neglecting to better care for the building, it can certainly be viewed as caving.

Yes, i know all the damage was not done in the years of his ownership, but he made zero attempt to keep it from getting worse while he owned it knowing he had to keep it.

Darrin Darrin
Sep '16

And I might add this has happened on more than one occasion by this developer.

Pampurr Pampurr
Sep '16

Jim, O gifted one, When are you going to be at the street fair? My husband would like to have direct dialog with you. He goes to church in the morning and will not be back until 1:00. Where will your booth be? So he doesn't have to walk around town.

pampurr pampurr
Sep '16

Pampurr can you read? Above he stated he would be there from 11 to 1 and it isn't his booth. It is the Warren County Republicans booth.

I see you are prettty hard up to get some dialog with him. I wonder if the other people on council have had enough of your shenanigans and avoid you at all costs. I hope Jim has security because the way you and Bernie attack him on here he might need it. You ask for his accomplishments but you really need to be in there and doing something to have the chance to accomplish anything.

I didn't see anyone bring into question the accomplishments of the two other choices other then they have been there and done that. Do you even know how successful they were then?

I see you have a passion for this bergen tool project. No one can take away the work you have done in support of whatever your cause is. However you lose your audience when you start going off like a nut job. Yes a nut job because in my mind the way you act on here is just that. You don't apper to be civil at all. I would avoid you in passing when ever i got the chance if i knew who you were. So out yourself so i can see if i have you on that list. I want to see if i still have good judgment of character.

Don't you think Jim could have spoken for himself? Why do you interfere on his behalf?..

I am willing to work out our differences face to face..and all he has to do is make a counter suggestion..that is civil.

pampurr pampurr
Sep '16

Then carry on

Please don't carry on.

maja2 maja2
Sep '16

Maja2
Popcorn?

Lol C.J.! Yes, but in a large bucket, not a bag :)

maja2 maja2
Sep '16

Well I am still your town councilman. Thank you to all that voted for me yesterday.

Jim L Jim L
Nov '16

Congratulations Mr. Lambo! Keep up the good work!

Darrin Darrin
Nov '16

Thank you Jim, for working, having kids and being willing to do this job.
I try to go when I am in town but that is not that often. When I have gone, I am the only or one of the very few people there. However, I appreciate the fact that I can travel for work and know that there is a mayor, town council, police force, fire and rescue department watching my property and safety.

It would be nice to know where you can find, online, regular updates on what is actually going on....such as: what is the status of the Bergen Tool Re-Development? What can we do to clean up that decaying barbershhop on main street. I understand it is to be torn down, but does it have to be an eyesore in the meantime?

And could the town council pass a resolution or something asking Hackettstown Hospital to upgrade it's safety and complication rating by Leapfroggroup.org from a C to A.
The less money you have the more likely you are to be stuck at this hospital...
they need to be cleaner, safer and a hell of a lot nicer. Oh and there is this thing called the Patient's Bill of Rights that is, by law, required to be posted everywhere.
I have been going there with people since 2005, and it ain't there....ever.
Why do we care? Because it mentions specific rights that they don't tell you about that could save your life, if you knew about them or exercised them.

Next question: When will we get a few women on the Police Force? I have been told repeatedly that no women applied. Did our Spanish speaking officers apply or were they recruited? The last time I read the EEOC regs, if they did not apply, we had to
recruit them. I have also been told they have to be veterans. If true, I can fill that slot in a heartbeat. There are dozens of charitable resources, some right in this
town, that do that sort of thing. To have a white all male force just sets the town up
for liability problems....

I post in my real name. Actually I don't know how to put up a fake name but I wouldn't do it anyway. People need to stand up for and put their name on what they believe. It's called Democracy.
Congratulations and welcome. Thank you for being willing to serve. The next time I go to a town council meeting, I hope it is SRO

Bonnie Haynes Bonnie Haynes
Nov '16

Next question: When will we get a few women on the Police Force?

Good Question Bonnie Haynes..We HAD a wonderful woman Kim on our police force..she was very proactive and a positive influence with the young people in our community..(DARE PROGRAM).

Unfortunately she retired. She was so good for our community and children...It's a shame we don't have a woman PO to fill her shoes.

We truly need women to serve our community on the police force..Seems very lopsided IMO.

pampurr pampurr
Nov '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.