Volunteering ideas

I am looking to volunteer.Seniors or homeless
Anybody have any places where they give some time.
Thanks.

Outside Outside
Aug '16

Contact Grace Church in Netcong. They definitely a nursing home ministry and a homeless food ministry that operate a few times a month.

I would also suggest looking into Project Kind based out of Rockaway. It's a phenomenal group that ministers to the homeless in Morristown. They make sandwiches, collect goods, and just visit those in.need. They operate once per week.

I can get you more info on both if needed

Antimony Antimony
Aug '16

Trinity - they have a store as well as a food pantry.

Habitat's ReStore over in Washington.

House of the Good Shepherd in Hackettstown
Heath Village
Chelsea Assisted Living in Belvidere

Project Self-Sufficiency in Newton

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '16

Trinity Church can use volunteers. They are a great bunch to work with.

Magpie Magpie
Aug '16

All VA hospitals. Veterans Haven North (off Rt. 31) or South VH.

auntiel auntiel
Aug '16

Manna House in Newton

http://www.mannanj.org

BrandyB BrandyB
Aug '16

wondering why it says Monmouth County, BrandyB

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '16

That appears to be the wrong web site. That Manna House is down near the shore.

This appears to be the Manna House run by the First Pres Church in Newton:

http://www.fpcnewtonnj.org/needs.html

That's it, thanks GC.

BrandyB BrandyB
Aug '16

Go to treasurehuntads.com. If that's not the correct site, google" treasure hunt N.J." The treasure hunt, is a classified magazine. Spans from Eastern PA, to the Washington(Warren county) area. They have a whole section, in the back, of nonprofit organizations. It's nice that you want to volunteer.

sparksjbc1964 sparksjbc1964
Aug '16

Re: Volunteering ideas

Antler Ridge Wildlife Sanctuary is holding a training session for new volunteers...
ARWS is in Newton on rte 661. See the enclosed flyer for information about how to sign up for the training session

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

One of the best volunteer experiences I had was at a wildlife rehab. If you're at all interested in nature and the animals outside our doorsteps, I encourage you to go for it! There is nothing like being close-up and hands on with animals to learn about them. It gave me a much more in-depth understanding of who's "out there" in our woods, their behaviors, diets, etc.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

Meals at Home is a group with an office in Washington, but uses the Hackettstown Senior Center to pick up and deliver hot meals to the homebound people in our community. It takes about an hour of your time as many days as you chose to volunteer. The routes are divided to keep your driving to a minimum and you don't leave the Hackettstown and surrounding areas. They are always looking for volunteer drivers. I do it and it is often the only contact our seniors have with another human. I try to change the order of my deliveries so I end with a different person every day I drive. That way I can spend some extra time with each person occasionally without having the others waiting for their meal. It takes very little time and is so rewarding.
If interested, the phone number is (908) 689-4140 ask for Cathy.

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Feb '17

That is such a wonderful and kind service you do, Parental. A friend of mine volunteers with Meals on Wheels and really loves it too.

Spread the love and compassion! Sounds schmaltzy, I know... but if everyone just did a little something... <3

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

Thank you for your kind words Rebecca. It really is so little compared to what some people do. But it's my little part and I've met some wonderful, interesting people.

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Feb '17

HACKETTSTOWN Senior Center needs Volunteers to provide instruction, entertainment etc. for the folks----- ie. arts, crafts, games, singing, magic acts........

Nice building........ nicer seniors

Call Joe at Hackettstown Recreation 908-852-4095 if you'd like to donate your time and talents.

beagiver
Feb '17

Here's a great article about Antler Ridge Wildlife Sanctuary -and volunteering: http://www.njherald.com/20170216/wildlife-rescue-sanctuary--to-host-new-volunteer-training

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

I'm looking for somewhere to volunteer with my 13 year old daughter. I would really like to show her how great it is to help others in need.

Blondie781 Blondie781
Oct '17

I know this is an old post but I am reaching out to see if there are any organizations around the Hackettstown area that may be able to volunteer to help someone who is disabled and homebound with help doing laundry and maybe some meal preparations.

Concerned1 Concerned1
Dec '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.