New Infant Clothes

Anyone know the best place locally to purchase budget friendly new infant and newborn clothes for a soon to be momma? Helping a young lady in need who is expecting a little boy. Thank you!

New? Nothing is likely to be cheaper than Walmart.

If you don't mind gently used, you might find some bargains at the place on Main and Grand, but I don't know how much infant stuff they have.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Aug '16

I would go to Kid's Junction - they often get new things with the tags still on, especially newborn --- but everything in there is in excellent condition.

101 Grand Ave.
Hackettstown, NJ 07840
Phone: (908) 852-8999

trekster3- trekster3-
Aug '16

There's a lot of new stuff sold at garage sales. Check the garage sale classifieds to see if there are any around this weekend.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '16

Children's Place is having a good sale right now. It's 80% off clearance stuff (mostly summer things) with free shipping.

I'd also keep your eyes open for sales at Carter's. The Ledgewood location has a huge clearance section and they frequently have sales on top of clearance prices. Labor Day might be the next time they do something. A few weeks ago they had 40% off clearance.

Tracy Tracy
Aug '16

Target always has a clearence rack in the baby section with great buys. Same for babies r us if you stick to the clearance rack.

May I make a small suggestion if you are purchasing clothes for a newborn; it would be helpful to buy a few items in the next size range too, 3 month and 6 month. Babies grow so fast and you also don't know how much he will weigh when he is born. It will be helpful for her to have a few items he can grow into. That way she does not have to worry about running out in 2-3 months to buy new clothes. Kid's Junction and Wal-Mart are good places to shop inexpensively. Don't forget to take a look at the Salvation Army store. Best Wishes to the new mom and baby.

JBJSKJ JBJSKJ
Aug '16

Rose, do you know if she could use a bassinet? It's yellow.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '16

Once upon a child in Randolph, old navy, Amazon, hackettstown garage sale site on Facebook.

Once Upon a Child in Randolph has second hand clothes. I've been able to find great stuff there you can't always find new.

kkjones25 kkjones25
Aug '16

Bessie.., I messaged you! Thanks!

Someone in need would be happy with some new onesies, but some nice used outfits if it meant more clothing.

maja2 maja2
Aug '16

I just sold a bunch of newborn stuff and boys clothes to once upon a time in Randolph.

Condo
Aug '16

I agree Maja2..I'm always buying my neice gently used clothes for me neices little ones. Check there's no food or stains and you're good to go.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '16

Some are new but most aren't at the Trinity Thrift Shop. I'm always buying things there that look like new. If someone needs a bit a help I would think that it doesn't if it new or not. And, like someone already said, check out those yard sales!

Magpie Magpie
Aug '16

On facebook there are a TON of "garage sale" websites where people sell their stuff/give away for free. I just had a son 2 weeks ago who weighed in at 9lbs. 11oz, so newborn clothes did not fit and I gave most away for free and sold a few as well.

Once Upon A Child has some good stuff as well and averages $1.50-$4.00 per item.

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Aug '16

Many thanks to all for your suggestions. I appreciate the help!

Rose, please check your email.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.