2016 NFL Thread

2016 NFL Thread

The wee ones had a blast at their first Steelers training camp in Old Latrobe...

ianimal ianimal
Aug '16

Good pic. :)

Big Ben, meet Little Ben.

Well, Jersey Joe Flacco may not play the first pre-season game, a precautionary move.

As for a much improved team this year, I'm liking the Giants to win the NFC East. I'm afraid it will be another season of frustration for those birds in PA.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '16

Nice pic, even though they are Steelers fans. ;-) Too bad Rolling Rock is long gone from Old Latrobe. :(

We are heading out to the HOF in Canton next week.

Thing aren't looking too good for my Eagles for the upcoming season. What else is new?

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '16

Re: 2016 NFL Thread

Hey, Le'Veon... put down the bong and pick up the corner blitz!!!!

ianimal ianimal
Aug '16

Lol@ the blitz. Cute pic's, start them off right!

Hot corner Hot corner
Aug '16

Yeah, not sure which is higher right now - training camp injuries or suspensions across the league. Dallas will be fielding a 6 man defense due to all of their suspensions.

emaxxman emaxxman
Aug '16

Jerry's kids should be o.k. this year ;)

Hot corner Hot corner
Aug '16

Any Key and Peele fans out there ? Love it when do the football player's names .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss

And the pro edition with actual real players mixed in - like A.A. Ron Rodgers .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDp-ABzpRX8

Zombo Zombo
Aug '16

If momma don't pay rent, then momma gotta go!

http://www.totalprosports.com/2016/08/12/fa-cb-antonio-cromartie-is-evicting-his-mother-from-the-house-he-bought-her/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fbtpspages&utm_campaign=fb

emaxxman emaxxman
Aug '16

Trash ^^

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '16

Dallas signed Mark Sanchez to be the backup to the backup to the backup to Romo. Let the Superbowl run begin!!!!

emaxxman emaxxman
Sep '16

Looks like Mr. Wentz might be starting week one for my beloved Eagles. He's just a CT scan away. Bradford will actually have a good chance up in MN if he can stay healthy. Good deal for the Vikings and for the Eagles. Eagles needed to get a first round pick back.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '16

Ianimal, they are beautiful, can't believe how big they are. Your daughter looks like she has a lot to say, LOL. How old are they?

Bessie Bessie
Sep '16

Dear football gods,

Please protect Carson Wentz in his NFL debut.

Thanks,
Calico

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '16

Thanks Bessie... he's two going on three; she's one going on thirteen.

ianimal ianimal
Sep '16

Tap, tap, tap....is this thing on?

Where are the football people? If you didn't notice, Week 1 is almost in the books.

I was pleasantly surprised by the way Carson Wentz looked yesterday. I know it was against the Browns, but he looked confident and capable for sure!`

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '16

Redskins play tonight; I am exhibiting careful caution as the pre-season did not illuminate me. Last year's one n done was a significant improvement even amongst the loser field that the NFC East had become. Ever hopeful with expectations which is an improvement over starting with total dismay. Cousins is great but is he consistent? Love Jay Gruden's personal style, now we'll see if a player's coach can coach.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Sep '16

Strangerdanger, do you feel illuminated now? Cuz your 'Skins sure seem to be getting LIT THE ?!#% UP!!! (-;

ianimal ianimal
Sep '16

Thank you captain oblivious. They were a basket of deplorables. So much for cautious optimism.

Had to turn to MSNBC in the third quarter to recharge. Saw Trump giving a speech about Hillary having no plans, no policies, and running a bigoted campaign of hate. I think he plagiarized her earlier speech.

I'm drinking in the dark now.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Sep '16

WOW, the Rams are horrific!

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '16

If Carson Wentz has a similar career to Joe Flacco, another guy from a "lesser" college program, the Eagles' fans are in for a lot of fun ... although Flacco was fortunate enough to go to a team that protected him well and had a running game, defense, all of that ....

Trump .... poopadoodle personified.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '16

ianimal - the comment was completely uncalled for and 'out of bounds.' I think it was out of bounds. I'm not sure what out of bounds is actually so...nevermind.

Sincerely,
Terrence Williams

emaxxman emaxxman
Sep '16

WENTZ WAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy with this kid, he's awesome! First rookie QB ever to win his first two starts, while throwing at least 1 TD and no INTs. A lot of potential there. I got messages last night from some Midgets and Cowgirls fans saying they are worried about Carson being in their division for the next 10 years. LOL

It's going to be great for the Eagles to build around something solid. Next week will be rough against Big Ben and the Tinmen. But, you can't win them all. I expected 1-1 at this point, so 2-0 works for me. If they can go 8-8 on the season, that will be all good. Lane Johnson will be in for the Pittsburgh game pending appeal, but will then be suspended (idiot). Waiting to finding out how many games he will be out.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '16

"First rookie QB ever to win his first two starts"...

Not true. Big Ben won his first 13 starts as a rookie (and first 15 regular season starts overall), but I think the distinction is that Ben didn't start the first two games of his rookie season.

Tommy (Say what you will about me, at least I ended the Kordell curse) Maddox did but got hurt in Week 2 against Baltimore with Roethlisberger coming on in relief in a game they eventually lost.

He started his 1st game the next week and went 13-0 as a rookie, beating the Jets in the Divisional round before losing to the Pats at home in the AFCC game (F you, Cowher). He then won his next two regular season games before losing, once again, to the Patriots in Week 3 of the 2005 season. That season ended with the Steelers hoisting their first Lombardi Trophy in 25 years.

ianimal ianimal
Sep '16

The full sentence was first two starts while throwing at least 1 TD and no INT's, sometimes we need to let people finish their sentences.

I remember the Ravens were 2-0 after Flacco's first two starts, but they were primarily a running offense that season, Flacco wasn't throwing the ball anywhere unless the guy was WIDE open.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '16

"The full sentence was first two starts while throwing at least 1 TD and no INT's..."

... during a blue moon while Venus is in the house of Capricorn?

When you need to add ridiculous riders to a statistic, it ceases to be meaningful.

ianimal ianimal
Sep '16

Whatever iman! How many INTs did Ben throw in his first two starts? Eagles fans are excited about the kid. Let us have our fun. It may not last long. ;-)

A friend and fellow Eagles fan said this to me today. "Where do the Eagles play"? I said, "Philly", he said, "No", I said, "Lincoln Financial Field", he said, "No", I said "WTF are you taking about", he said, "Wentzylvania"! I said, "Dear Lord"!!!

Hahahaha!!!!

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '16

Looked up the stats from Flacco's 2-0 start, 0 touchdowns 2 interceptions.

Both games were at home and the raves beat Cincinnati and Cleveland, 17-10 and 28-10. Flacco did score a TD on a quarterback sneak. Otherwise, they probably could have won those two games with the mascot at quarterback.

Not as impressive a start as Wentz, for the first two games, but he did get to the AFC championship game.

I remember when the Phillies had Hunter Pence in the outfield (when they were actually winning) and people were wearing shirts that read Pence-Sylvania ....

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '16

The answer to that question, Calico, is "who cares?" Let's see Carson win 13 more in a row and then we'll talk about number of interceptions as the tiebreaker (-;

I like the kid from what little I've seen. 6'5, 240... maybe he's the next Roethlisberger. But let's not make up ridiculous statistics just to make him feel special.

ianimal ianimal
Sep '16

P.S., how 'bout that Sam Bradford? Looks like all he needed was someone to throw the ball to, lol.

22/31 for 286 yards with 2 TDs and no picks... against a real team (-;

ianimal ianimal
Sep '16

"But let's not make up ridiculous statistics just to make him feel special."

LOL I didn't make anything up. I heard it on the radio. I'm sure the kid feels special enough and isn't even paying attention to statistics. I'm sure he's already watching film.

For Pete's sake, Hasselback just said on ESPN that he sees the future Peyton Manning in him. Dear Lord!!!!!

The media is gaga over him for sure.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '16

I think Bradford would have been good under Coach Peterson. The previous offense under Kelly was not good for him and plus he did not play in a year due to knee injury. The WR's on Eagles need help but Wentz had two good games in a row with those guys which makes him even more special. He will have his downfalls but he has the tools of a very good QB. Please don't compare him to Big Ben now. Give the kid a break

Fly Eagles Fly !!

LittleRascal LittleRascal
Sep '16

I didn't say you made it up, but you repeated it... as if it actually meant something... which is almost as bad (-;

His next opponent isn't Cleveland or Chicago. The Steelers secondary is probably the weak link on the defense, but it's gotten quite a bit better and the Eagles aren't going to be able to run the ball, so it's gonna fall squarely on his shoulders.

Let's see how he reacts when he has a Silverback breathing down his neck (-;

ianimal ianimal
Sep '16

The media went ga-ga over Alex Ochoa, too, 10 hits in his first 20 MLB at bats after an All-Star season in Triple-A.

Anyhow, Wentz does have a promising future, and he went to a school from a "lesser" conference, just like Big Ben and Cool Joe.

A Super Bowl championship in the Eagles' future? Could it possibly be?

If the Cubs win the World Series, why the heck not?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '16

ianimal - Nobody is expecting the Eagles to win this weekend. True Eagles fans aren't stupid enough to think that this team is going anywhere this season. Too many other issues. And yes, they have played two terrible teams so far. For once, at least for now, finding a QB that fits is not the issue.

So take your smack talk and shove it. :P

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '16

The Eagles could make the playoffs, will probably make a run at first place in that NFC East division, it'll be fun ... a building block for the future (I remember Dick Vermeil gradually building a SB team).

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '16

Uh, oh, LittleRascal... seems I wasn't the only one. Your coach apparently made the same comparison (-;

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17596678/philadelphia-eagles-coach-sees-similarities-carson-wentz-ben-roethlisberger

ianimal ianimal
Sep '16

I think Phil Simms won the first five games he started as a rookie.

ianimal he has similarities for sure which means nothing. I know Wentz is faster and more mobile then Rothlesburger (who isn't) and he has to be with the Offensive line that Eagles have in front of him. LOL It is up to the Eagles to surround him with some good solid players in the future. And you are right the Eagles need to Rush the football just like most other teams to be successful. Hope Steeler game is a good competitive contest and Praying that Eagles win even if takes Divine Intervention!

Sep '16

Simms did win his first five starts as a rookie. His teammates nicknamed him "Prince Valiant."

Went on to a really top notch career. He could take what the defense gave him, and did it consistently, pretty darn good approach. Sounds easy, but only the best QBs have the recognition and actually get it done.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '16

The Steelers haven't won n Philly since 1962. That's a really long time. Longer than I've been alive. Longer than Calico's been alive. Longer than way too many things to list. But, not quite as long as it's been since the Eagles have won a championship, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Sep '16

But only by 2 years. :o)

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '16

I actually remember watching that 1960 Eagles' championship on black and white TV. I was 10 years old.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '16

December 26, 1960 , what a game , started out slow with a few Eagle turnovers and ended with GB at the 10 yard line as time ticked away. What a game........I was eight days old...............

The Eagles and Steelers play Monday Night. In 1943 they were One Team the Philadelphia Pittsburgh Steagles!! Although the Official name was the Phil - Pitt Combine the Steagles came about through the newspapers and fans. Both teams lost several players to the military during WWII hence the temporary merger of the Eagles and Steelers. Their record for that NFL Season was 5-4-1 for 3rd Place in the Eastern Division. Does anyone remember this Team? I was not Born yet

Sep '16

I've read a lot about it, but they were before my time. Even for me.

Whenever you say Pittsburgh Steelers to me, I don't immediately think of Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swan, Big Ben, on and on ...

The Steelers are the team that cut Johnny Unitas. Baltimore Colts fans of my era say thank you, thank you, thank you ...

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '16

In 1944, the Steelers merged with the Chicago Cardinals and were known as Card-Pitt, and derisively as the Carpets, because they got walked all over on their way to an 0-10 record that year.

ianimal ianimal
Sep '16

Just when we thought that Wentzylvania was taking it too far, now we have this! Like I said before, "Dear Lord"! Hahahaha!

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '16

That's an old picture of Wentz, isn't it?

Bill Belichick is the greatest coach to have ever walked this planet. He has taken no-name players and built 15 years of winning players. They are 3-0 currently with no Gronk (he hardly played last night), no Brady, and 2 different backup QBs.

I don't want to hear about how they cheat. Every team has cheated. The Falcons cheated last year and they still looked like crap.

Philly radio on the drive home is out of control. They've already said that Wentz looks like Aaron Rodgers out there. Two games people! Same could be said for some Dallas fans about Dak.

The list of one year wonders are endless - Derek Anderson, Nick Foles, Matt Cassel, Josh Freeman...

Only thing for certain in the NFC East is that the Washington team looks to regain its title of cellar dweller.

emaxxman emaxxman
Sep '16

emaxx - The radio people are kooks. I don't know any Eagles fans that think that the Eagles are going far this season. Too many missing pieces yet, no good WRs and Johnson facing suspension, and the kid will start having rookie type games. I think fans would be just as excited about Wentz even if they were 1-1 right now. The kid passes the eye test IMO, which is more I can say for Vick, Kolb, Young, Foles, Barkley, Bradford etc. He seems football smart and not easily frazzled. This is the first time since McNabb that it looks like Philly has a franchise QB, and that's exciting to Eagles fans.

Dak certainly doesn't look bad at all, but he has a much better o-line and more weapons than Philly has for sure.

If Wentz has even 4 more games the rest of this season where he looks as good as the first two, I would be a little worried if I was a NY, DAL or WAS fan knowing he's going to be in the division for the next 10 years. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '16

Emaxman, I listen to Philly Radio often and they are saying that Wentz gives the fans some hope and excitement for the future. There are some other football people out there including Bill Parcells that say Wentz has some Natural QB Characteristics that successful QB's possess. That's all !! He has along way to go. I agree with Calico that he is the best QB since Donavan. Plus Philly Radio Broadcasters are clowns.....they are more often than not Bashing and Shouting out Negative comments about Philly teams. They are Jerks for the most part. I give them very little respect and credibility. Watch when Wentz has a bad game and what those radio clowns say afterwards. Idiots !! Fly Eagles Fly !!

Sep '16

Wow them beagles look good this year! Pitt needed a good butt whooping! Now maybe they will start playing defense. :)

Hot corner Hot corner
Sep '16

Fly Eagles Fly !!!! Wentz looked good for a Rookie !!

Sep '16

That was a good example of why they PLAY the games.

Did I hear the stats right? Six takeaways for the Eagles' defense and no turnovers for Wentz and the offense? WOW, what a game.

The QB I've heard him get compared to is Big Ben. That Philly "d" made things quite rough for Ben today.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '16

Fitzgerald throws six interceptions, c'mon Bowles pull him somewhere around pic number four.

Six turnovers? I only remember two but I quit watching early in the 4th quarter, lol.

Wentz looked solid; like his poise. We'll see what happens when defenses take away the 2-yard pass play that Pederson loves so much.

I knew Pittsburgh was in trouble when Wheaton dropped the TD that hit him between the ones in the 11 on his jersey on the opening drive. Then the FG got blocked to add insult to injury. It was sloppy tackling on defense that really did them in though.

But, ass-whooping humiliation aside, this loss to an out of conference team means next to nothing in the big picture. Same with AZ getting stomped by Buffalo; no big deal.

The Giants 2 point loss to Washington has far larger negative playoff implications; same with Cincy losing to Denver. Division losses hurt most, intraconference next; interconference losses only hurt your pride.

It'll be 8 years before the Steelers get a chance to win in Philly again, barring another league restructuring. Wentz will probably play in that game; it'll be a miracle if Ben gets another shot, lol.

Leveon comes back next week; let's use this embarrassment as motivation to lay a similar beating on the Chefs back in the 'Burgh.

ianimal ianimal
Sep '16

Palmer 4 INTs what a mess over there in ARI!

My boys continue to FLY!!! 3-0 Woot!!

Fitzpartick is a clown, I've said it for awhile. Jets look like trash.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '16

True, out of conference wins do nothing to help you when your fate comes down to a tie breaker.

In 2012 the Ravens lost a game in Philly early in the season, Baltimore went on to win the Super Bowl.

One thing I got from that game today, Philly is a team to take seriously.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '16

..The Steelers did well vs Eagles. Wentz was 23-31 for 301 yards/2 TDs/10 yards Rushing/ZERO INTs. They kicked their Butts up and down the field. Coach Pederson and his staff are doing a great job with the Game Plan and the Eagles are executing very well. But watch out if opposing teams stop that 2 yard pass play that Coach Pederson likes to run. LOL

Sep '16

You just take whatever is there for you to take ... if you're up by three touchdowns and the clock is your friend, you take the dinky little pass underneath the defense.

If the guy who catches it takes it to the house, so much the better.

Unitas used to do it, with a guy named Lenny Moore.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '16

LittleRascal, I'm guessing that you just looked at the box score and didn't actually watch the game. Wentz threw for 301 yards with 227 of those yards coming AFTER the catch. His AVERAGE on completions was 3.2 yards in the air, and I think 25 of those yards came on the busted play that wound up with Sproles going 73 yards for a touchdown... otherwise it would have been a lot closer to two yards per completion.

It seemed like two or three times every drive, it would be 3rd and 10 and they would throw a WR screen or a screen to the RB and there would be three missed tackles and the guy would get a first down and continue the drive. Good for them and shame on the Steelers for allowing it to happen. But, if you think that is a recipe for continued success, you haven't been watching this league long.

That said, Wentz played great and made zero mistakes. Can't ask for any more than that from a rookie making his third start in the NFL. We'll see what adjustments the league makes to Pederson's schemes and what counter maneuvers he is able to make as well.

I have to give a lot of credit to the Eagles defense, though. They played lights out for the whole second half, even in "garbage time", when teams that are trailing big usually get a couple of cheap TDs.

ianimal ianimal
Sep '16

Dak has the better OL and offensive skill players; I'll give you that. However, the Eagles have a much better defense (probably one of the top defenses in the league) and that is much more useful than having the best of the best OL. I don't want to see what happens if Dak and the O have to get into a shootout to win it (which they may have to with the Packers coming up after the bye.)

Romo is on target to be fully healed and to return in 5 weeks vs. the Eagles. Given what the Philly defense did to the Pit offense, I'd be OK with Romo waiting till the week after...LOL...but not really laughing...yeesh!

emaxxman emaxxman
Sep '16

Ah, yes... Pennsyltucky: Stupidity Starts Here

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh-county/index.ssf/2016/09/taunt_over_eagles_win_leads_to.html#incart_2box_lvl-homepage-featured

ianimal ianimal
Sep '16

Many fans are out of control idiots! Grown men demonstrating juvenile behavior! I have a friend who is Giants fan and he would get hammered before the game and instigate opposing fans once inside the stadium. One time he actually threw his beer at a guy wearing a Dolphins Jersey. Cursing and carrying on which brought Security to talk with him and receive a warning. Too many fans take their sports way to seriously which at times leads to altercations. And let's face it people there are idiots in every stadium in every city !! I have been in 6 NFL stadiums and have seen it first hand. Watch the games at home so we can yell and curse at the TV !! LOL

Sep '16

That's one of the reasons I don't go to games anymore. Too many drunken aholes which makes for an unpleasant experience. Seems you can't escape them.

kb2755 kb2755
Sep '16

A final note on the Eagles --- they did a good job of picking up the blitzes, which leaves you a broken field and opportunities to make big plays. When teams play "stay at home" defense and play more basic, it looks a lot different.

Ravens' defense made a lot of great plays ... glad they played at 1 o'clock so I could enjoy their game followed by the game in Philly.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '16

Andy I have not followed Ravens at all. I would think Flacco is taking care of the Football without TO's and their Defense is playing well? How are they 3 and 0 ?

Sep '16

How are they 3-0? Because their three opponents (BUF, CLE, JAX) are a combined 1-8?

Flacco has 4 INTs and 2 fumbles in 3 games, but their defense IS playing very well so far. Of course, the offenses they've played aren't exactly juggernauts (or even mediocre, for that matter)... but you can only play the games in the order that the schedule makers provide. 3-0 is the best they could have done, regardless of how they looked doing it. Better to win ugly than lose pretty...

ianimal ianimal
Sep '16

They'll certainly need to improve to contend. Flacco is coming off an injury, and it appears that the timing isn't quite there. When it has been there, it's been a thing of beauty. When he's right, he throws one of the best balls in the league, and properly inflated, too (:

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '16

Flacco throws one of the prettiest deep balls in the league; I'll give him that.

ianimal ianimal
Sep '16

Flacco is anxiety provoking - sometimes a thing of beauty, some times a pile of ..... ; did anyone watch Philip Rivers? Something way off this week with him...
Wentz certainly is impressive, but anyone anticipating what EDELMAN will do? I am starting to think that my dog could start at QB and Pats would have a good chance of winning...

pmnsk pmnsk
Sep '16

Did you hear Edelman is playing QB this weekend? I have him on my bench as a WR, but if he's playing QB while WR-eligible, that would make him the #1 WR in fantasy this week, lol.

I looked but didn't find anything at all indicating that possibility, aside from that doofus Rex Ryan's interview question...

ianimal ianimal
Sep '16

Two more games and a bye week before Romo is expected to come back. At 3-1, Dak's been playing really well. It's not just the run game that is clicking. Today's win vs SF was just as much QB/passing as it was running the ball.

The next two opponents are Bengals and then Packers. I expect them to lose those games (not sure how that secondary is going to stop AJ Green or Rodgers.) If they manage to win one of them, they'll be 4-2 going into the Philly game.

I'm sure the management will start Romo if he's ready but I hope they think thoroughly about that. The first game back from injury hasn't been kind to Romo and that Eagles' defense is no joke.

emaxxman emaxxman
Oct '16

Hope RGIII gave Romo a call.

So far thos year, its not how well the skins play to win, its how well the other team plays to lose....

2/2

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Oct '16

Well, it didn't happen in Philly and no Eagles fans were involved. Hope this guy is going to be ok.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/10/03/ravens-fan-assault-raiders/91478964/?hootPostID=3341c48615094038d966d84eee31b809

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

Oakland fans sure are making a run at being the most degenerate fans.

emaxxman emaxxman
Oct '16

In Dak We Trust...LOL.

I'm a diehard Romo fan and it pains me to say this but if Romo isn't ready to play against the Eagles and Dallas wins, then I think they should ride it out with Dak. That would be 3 legit defenses (4 if you include the Washington defensive line) that Dak has faced and won against.

IMO, Zeke or Dak are locks for offensive rookies of the year. The rest of the schedule sets up nicely for them...the division games will be tough (as all are) but they have:

Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Tampa, Minnesota, Detroit

I say they go at least 3 and 3 there (losses are Minnesota, Pitt, and Detroit - Stafford always seems to have Dallas' number)

4 more division games (I always say they go 3-3 in the division so that gives them 2-2)

That's 10 wins with Dak (hopefully more). Impressive if that's how it ends up.

emaxxman emaxxman
Oct '16

Preseason quality football on a Saturday night in December. You don't see that every year, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Dec '16

OMG what a train wreck that was!!! But not as bad as the Seahawks uniforms on Thursday night.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '16

All I want for christmas is a franchise QB, and a coach who has NFL head coaching experience. Mistake 1; in the Jets futile attempt to establish a franchise QB they draft two QBs in the last two years; Petty and Hackenburg. Yet they surround them with an offensive coordinator (Gailey) who has not developed a QB in his 25 years and a QB coach (Patullo) with little NFL experience. Mistake 2; I have nothing against Todd Bowles and he seems like a stand-up guy, but the Jets are not a good fit for him. We haven't had a HC with HC experience since the tuna himself Bill Parcells coached '97-'99 (Groh, Edwards, Mangenius, Rex).

Mike L Mike L
Dec '16

Having a coach without HC experience is not the end of the world if you're willing to be patient and understand that he'll learn as he goes. There have been lots of successful first time HC's.

I think Bowles probably has the best temperament of recent coaches. Mangini was an arrogant jerk and Rex was an even bigger arrogant and loudmouth do-nothing (like the rest of his family.)

Draft better and stay the course for more than 2 years.

emaxxman emaxxman
Dec '16

"Having a coach without HC experience is not the end of the world if you're willing to be patient and understand that he'll learn as he goes. There have been lots of successful first time HC's."

This is what I keep telling my fellow Eagles fans, since they are calling for Doug P. to be fired already.

Spot on regarding the Ryan family. Bunch of jerks.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '16

Well, my Redskin's playoff hopes ended on Monday. Although hopes were severely wounded by the second game, then our playoff emotions have risen and fallen until this final insult.

Good season, lots of great talent, just can't fire on all eight pistons simultaneously and it seems to always be a different piston that misfires. One week the secondary, then next interceptions, the next -- coaching, whatever. So even when the running backs are hot, the line lets them down and then it's interception time.... It's fun to see them take to the air so much, very un-Redskin like.

So lots to like, was in the running, would have probably been one n done playoff story and now we hope for a 500 year, a little more talent, and some back to the basics for next year. Hail to those Redskins, my attempt at being politically incorrect!

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Dec '16

Do nothing? Didn't Rex take the Jets to the AFC Champ twice? Not to mention beating the Patriots along the way. With the Sanchito.... Oh he's a big loudmouth jerk alright, but he did more than any Jet coach of recent vintage.

Yeah strangerdanger, Skins are a couple players away from real contention. I do like what Gruden is doing. They need to address the D, especially the secondary.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Dec '16

"Didn't Rex take the Jets to the AFC Champ twice?" And then he took the team into the crapper. He took a top defense coached by Jim Schwartz (Bills) and it's headed into a spiral too.

The Ryan sons have done absolutely nothing to justify any of their loudmouth boasting. Buddy was jerk too.

emaxxman emaxxman
Dec '16

Oh Atlanta!!!

So glad the Packers were sent packing (and that only has a little bit to do with them beating Dallas.) It's more that Aaron Rodgers has become a egotistical douchebag. Started last year when he said the better team (eg the Packers) didn't win the NFC championship. The better team ALWAYS wins. Then he was so arrogant in his postgame interview after beating Dallas.

Yes I'm bitter. Yes I'm butthurt. Yes, I'm right about Rodgers.

I'm cheering for Atlanta all the way. Can't have another team get 5 SB wins. I have a feeling the Pats will roll to their 5th though.

emaxxman emaxxman
Jan '17

This is going around Facebook. Love it!

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.