Mansfield Litter Marshal Program

I just received the township newsletter with my tax bill. Help me understand why if someone is seen littering and reported the incident to the police the follow up by the police is they will send the offender " information regarding the effects of littering and the Townships anti-littering ordinance including possible fines for subsequent offenses". Has anyone picked up the Litter Marshal Program Packet? Curious as to what it includes. Will pick up mine next week.
Tell me what I missed. I was under the impression littering is against the law punishable with a fine not information about the effects of littering.

Pete,
I'm sure that littering (and its effects) are of great concern to some but in the whole scheme of things and the state of the WORLD (politics, ISIS, wars, famine, homelessness, child abuse etc), I'm a bit UNDERWHELMED at APPAULED that the police would be spending PRECIOUS time chasing down a woman who threw a handi-wipe out of her drivers side window - when they can be out there PATROLLING your neighborhood for vandals, criminals, suspicious activity as well as their regular worries of the ongoing HATRED of our ANGELS IN BLUE !
Maybe a little less worrying about LOCKING UP someone who threw a Herseys wrapper on Main Street and a little more worrying about "ANYTHING ELSE"
ya think ???

Marion Marion
Jul '16

Marion, I agree with you. However I think you misunderstood my post. The littering program came from Mansfield PD, so I assume they regard it an issue. It takes as much time to send a ticket as it does literature about littering.
Sorry if you missed the point.

Post your address so that we can toss things out the window in front of your abode.

The Man The Man
Jul '16

Would the litterer (?) actually read the stuff they are sent?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jul '16

3wbdwnj, no they would probably throw it out the window. Wonder if they would throw away a ticket.

Marion-littering is a very important issue, it's an environmental hazard. Effects wildlife, our waterways, carbon dioxide and oxygen levels.. the air that we constantly breathe.

positive positive
Jul '16

Re: Mansfield Litter Marshal Program

Near bottle King. Last April. Start looking there.

A good day
Jul '16

I was hoping that you'd respond A good day. Thank you for all that you do. Hard to believe some people just don't get it...

positive positive
Jul '16

Because the summons does not represent significant revenue to pursue - it's called selective enforcement

skippy skippy
Aug '16

I think for a ticket to be issued the issuing officer must see the actual infraction. I doubt any officer would go as far as a summons for something like that on the word from a neighbor or passerby. That opens a whole can of worms for people who have nothing better to do than report various "infractions" on people they have an issue with.

Litter is bad. I go out a lot and have seen multiple instances of animal turds- not dogs- in the woods and parks with chewed up plastic bags etc in the turd.
Also fishing line in and around water.
I care about these animals, birds, insects, all animals.

A good day
Aug '16

MK, my thoughts also which is why I wondered how would "possible fines for subsequent offences" be imposed? I guess I should pick up the program packet and see what's included.

Re: Mansfield Litter Marshal Program

How many tiny bottles can you count in this picture. ? Musconetcong river near bottle king - disclaimer-not on there property.
Is it fishermen? Who knows. Beer cans and bait containers also.

A good day
Aug '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.