Power/pressure washer repair

Any recommendations for having a pressure washer repaired? I had one a while ago and brought it to the place on Steiger St. and they told me it was shot and they could sell me a new one. Not sure if they were just trying to sell me one or they were being honest. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt but figured I'd check to see if anyone has any other suggestions in the area.

JB400 JB400
Jul '16

Is the problem with the engine? Need more info before anyone can help you.

The Man The Man
Jul '16

It's leaking engine oil for sure. SO I need that repaired for starters. I can get it started after filling with oil and when I got the engine started it was lacking pressure. I don't have high hopes but figured if there were two things that could be repaired inexpensively it might be worth it. Just looking for an honest assessment.

JB400 JB400
Jul '16

Hubby had his power washer repaired at home depot

dismom dismom
Jul '16

Check or replace hoses first. I spent so much on a repair and it turned out it was the hose. Good luck!!!

kikinj kikinj
Jul '16

I am the vice-president of Aquatech-USA.com and feel the need to respond to this post. We at Aquatech-USA.com evaluate all repairs professionally, fairly and honestly.

We do charge a troubleshoot fee up front and work up an estimate before we even complete the repairs and pass the estimate to the customer and have them evaluate what they want us to do with their pressure washer. If they decide to repair the pressure washer, we apply the fee towards the labor. If the customer decides to purchase a new unit, we put the troubleshoot fee towards the new unit. If the customer decides not to have anything done at all, then they are already paid up with the troubleshoot fee. We explain this to our customers up front, so there are no misunderstandings.

In this particular case, most likely the cost of the parts plus the labor exceeded the cost of a new pressure washer of equal or better comparison. Even so, we would still honor putting the troubleshoot fee towards a new pressure washer, if this customer purchases it from us today. What’s more fair and honest than that?

We have been trusted in pressure washer business for well over 30 years and have maintained thousands of customers throughout the tri-state area. We feel that the troubleshoot process is reliable, fair and honest, and is one of many reasons that we are still a leader in the pressure washer industry.

THEMORP THEMORP
Aug '16

jb400, I know that if you had Pat look at it at Aquatech and you were told it was shot, then there was a reason for that. He is very honest and knows what he is doing.

animal lover animal lover
Aug '16

Thanks for the response THEMORP. I'm sorry if my post seemed to accuse you of being dishonest but I was simply using this forum to get an opinion and other experiences. I did state that I would like to give your place the benefit of the doubt but wanted to reach out for any other suggestions. I will be bringing the pressure washer to your place. I actually stopped by Saturday with it but you were closed.
I do believe that my last one was not worth the repair. This one most likely may be the same. I do recall that you were offering a credit towards a new one which is fair.

JB400 JB400
Aug '16

Morgan's on 46

Outdoors
Aug '16

JB400, I do really appreciate your follow up response and clarification. I understand that you were looking for other options and that you specified that you were giving us the benefit of the doubt. But this day and age you need to be careful how you word things on forums and blogs, as they can be misconstrued by those who are reading them. Interestingly enough, I had multiple people reach out to me about your post, with concern. And that is why I felt it was important for me to respond and explain our process. If you do decide to purchase a new pressure washer, I hope you purchase it from Aquatech-USA and again I will honor that your paid troubleshoot fee to go towards the new purchase. Please ask for me when you do stop into our showroom and it will be my pleasure to meet with you and speak face to face. Thank you in advance.

THEMORP THEMORP
Aug '16

I totally agree THEMORP. Seems no matter how you post things here they are misconstrued. I hope this cleared things up as I can't say that I had a bad experience with your place. Again, I have high doubts about my current pressure washer but will have you take a look. I will be in towards the end of the week. I look forward to meeting you!
And for anyone else reading this, note that this was handled in a professional manner by the Aquatech VP which to me says a lot!

JB400 JB400
Aug '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.