Castle at Skylands

Has anyone ever stayed overnight here? Interested in a fun getaway with my daughter, and thought this looked like a neat place, but would love some feedback.

Spence Spence
Jul '16

Are you talking about the one in Ringwood near West Milford? I had my wedding there 2 years ago and the place is beautiful and spent the night there. Their breakfast is nothing "amazing" but keep in mind that there isn't a pizza place or restaurant right around the corner either.

The architecture is stunning and there is so much history to this place. Lots to do on the grounds in regards to hiking trails and looking at beautiful gardens, a lake, and there is another stunning mansion right down the road with a tour you can take that has beautiful grounds as well.

I will warn you (because no one did at my wedding) that if there is a wedding going on, a lot of the guests may be staying there. We did not realize at the time that there were guests NOT there for our wedding and we were a little rowdy in the hallways at 1-2 am (I felt horrible about this).

I would say that if you want a one night getaway with beautiful (I truly mean stunning) architecture, gardens that people dream of, and a unique experience, I would totally do it! Have fun!

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Jul '16

thanks Sunshinenj! Yes, that is the one I am wondering about. It seems like such a fun thing to spend a night in a castle!

Spence Spence
Jul '16

The "castle" is actually Skylands Manor located in Ringwood State Park at the NJ Botanical Gardens, The manor is a very impressive building and is worth a visit. However calling it a castle is just a marketing ploy from the company that is running the catering/wedding operations out of the building.

Check out the link below for some information and history of the manor.

http://www.njbg.org/skylandsmanor.shtml#guide

if in the area tours are also available at Ringwood Manor as well.

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/ringwood.html#sky

2 cents
Jul '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.