Hackettstown Police appreciation gifts

Just saw the wonderful appreciation gifts the Hackettstown Police just got , would love to know who created them , Our son is on the Sheriffs Dept in NC we would love to send them ,, and Thanks to the Hackettstown and all the Police officers protecting us ,, Stay Safe out there

Re: Hackettstown Police appreciation gifts

What a nice thing to do. We all need to support and respect our law enforcement officers.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

I agree! They have an even more difficult job these days. Police officers and their families sacrifice much to keep us all safe. Thank you to all in Law Enforcement of any kind and their families.

Spring fever Spring fever
Jul '16

@Calico - are those the actual items that were sent? What a wonderful idea - we were just talking about sending bakery items (i.e. cookies/cakes (no donuts!)) but those are so much more creative.

Bonv - Yes, that picture is from the HPD Facebook page.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvQKfK3Jllw

What people did as a thank you to cleavland PD

skippy skippy
Jul '16

Thanks Calico.

Thanks for sharing that video, skippy.. Just a simple note to the department to tell them how much they are appreciated is a easy thing to do and would mean so much. They need this acknowledgement now more than ever so they can continue to "Protect and Serve" all of us...God Bless our Police and keep them safe!

Joyful Joyful
Jul '16

Or even saying thanks or smiling to a PO means a lot

skippy skippy
Jul '16

You're welcome Bonv.

Great video skippy. Thanks.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

FYI I just made a long post stating that I am am a retired police union delegate and no longer a sworn officer but the mods deleted it - so I again reiterate I am not a sworn officer / my opinions are my own and I am an fop delegate

skippy skippy
Jul '16

Crazy your post was deleted skippy. You should be proud and thank you for your service.

I have the upmost respect for police officers. Who would we call and who would protect us if we didn't have these men and women that risk their lives everyday for us?

Happy they are getting some appreciation.

positive positive
Jul '16

Just for the record, skippy, there is no post like that deleted or otherwise. You either accidentally hit the "edit" or it never made it to the server.

Fwiw, I read the post skippy is referring to, and it is indeed gone.

Gadfly Gadfly
Jul '16

I also read Skippy's post.

Spring fever Spring fever
Jul '16

If others saw it, then it did make it to the server, but the "Edit" button was pressed and then never re-submitted. Moderators do not have the power to completely remove it like the "Edit" does, so it could not have been that.

Having read it, I don't see any reason why a moderator would have deleted it.

Gadfly Gadfly
Jul '16

That's so nice, what a great idea. Some people are so creative.

Sunshine Sunshine
Jul '16

Wasn't the mods I edited it and jacked it up - too fast or something for the database . My error sorry

skippy skippy
Jul '16

Sorry that happened to you, skippy...Could I ask if you were a police officer at one time?

Joyful Joyful
Jul '16

Yep million years ago in NYC and I feel sorry for the men and ladies on the job now - it's a whole different world

skippy skippy
Jul '16

Thanks, skippy, and good luck with whatever you are doing now.

Joyful Joyful
Jul '16

Thanks I hope you and yours are well

skippy skippy
Jul '16

So far, so good, skippy. You know, The Duke, is getting up there in age and so am I. (Don't tell anybody....they will never know!)

Joyful Joyful
Jul '16

Shhhh

skippy skippy
Jul '16

Now if the Duke would only stop blabbing his age to everyone that will listen... ;-)

That is because he likes it when he tells people how old he is, GC, and they always tell him: " I never would have believed you were that age!"

Joyful Joyful
Jul '16

Tell people you are the chippy trophy wife

skippy skippy
Jul '16

Hi DW - I'm the one who created the gifts for the Hackettstown officers. My children and I wanted to say "thank you" and so I searched the internet for ideas and tweaked a couple of different things I found online. I typed it out and attached the saying to plain white bags and filled with sweets. It was homemade and easy for anyone to do. I hope that helps! I'm not entirely sure how the chocolates would hold up en route to NC in this heat though. Thanks everyone for the kind words. It was the least we could do. We certainly have a great PD in Hackettstown and they deserve our appreciation.

NJMamaOfTwo NJMamaOfTwo
Jul '16

Great job @NJMamaOfTwo ! Those gifts were so creative and I hope your children enjoyed making them.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.