Looking for a local sewing teacher

Someone to teach my 9 year old sewing 101 in our home.

I know that Joann Fabrics offers classes, but prefer weekday times and so far have only seen late evening and weekend dates for Joann classes.

Harris Harris
Jul '16

Are you looking at the "kid" classes at Joann's? I remember looking for my 10 year old twin nieces and they were in AM and afternoon.

SS2cats SS2cats
Jul '16

Did you do a Forum Search? There's an old thread asking the same question suggesting Mt Olive adult ed courses. Might look into other places that offer similar courses like WCCC.

I am a local seamstress with over 30 years of sewing experience. I would be happy to teach the art of sewing to anyone that has a desire to learn. I also offer alterations to clothing both men and women's, from formal gowns to hemming jeans, sewing home fashions such as curtains or pillows and designing custom t-shirt blankets. Please contact me to discuss your needs. Thank you.

Kathy K Kathy K
Jul '16

Kathy - Where are you located and can you provide contact info? Many people on this forum seem to be looking for someone who does alterations.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

I am located in Mansfield Township and can be reached via phone at 908-852-4432 or cell 973-270-7341.

Kathy K Kathy K
Jul '16

I have received many e-mails from this post asking what services I provide. So I figured I would add another post with more details. Some of the things I have done include, but are not limited to altering formal, prom, and wedding gowns, such as shortening the hem, making straps for strapless gowns, and taking them in if the fir was not as desired. Hemming skirts, dresses, dress pants and jeans for both men and women, taking in many types of clothing, replacing pants zippers, and shortening sport coat sleeves.. Home fashions include adjusting curtains, both width and length, making custom curtains and chair pads, and designing custom t-shirt quilts from your favorite t-shirts. I also created 2 communion dresses from a wedding gown. Please feel free to contact me via phone at 908-852-4432 to discuss your sewing needs.

Kathy K Kathy K
Aug '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.