Another Mansfield Official in Trouble

First it was the DPW Supervisor and now a committee person.What is going on over there.

boomer boomer
Jul '16

Link?

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf/2016/07/township_official_allegedly_st.html#incart_river_mobileshort_index

Dadof3
Jul '16

Stole from kids? I hope they charge him federally

skippy skippy
Jul '16

Skippy, it is a Her that is trouble. Not a Him. Just stating the facts.

Mansfield mama Mansfield mama
Jul '16

Sorry but yeah

skippy skippy
Jul '16

wow that is pretty low. there is always something going on with Mansfield.

darwin darwin
Jul '16

Are people really that desperate for money that they have to steal from kids? SMH

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

Unfortunately this has happened in other towns and organizations in our area. These organizations need to keep better records and to run audits in order to cover everyone's butt. But most don't do this procedure. Why not ??? Complacency? Arrogance? Apathy? Knuckleheads ??
Stealing from kids and their families is pathetic! These thieves must have Cold Blood running through their veins!

LittleRascal LittleRascal
Jul '16

LR - I think this area has a tendency to be trusting and that's why this type of thing happens. Most wouldn't think that someone known in the community would sink this low. And $2,500 bucks? Hardly enough to commit a crime for IMO. If you're gonna risk a felony GO BIG!! LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

She probably needed to buy some ice cream.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Jul '16

Or Tile

FYI.. there is more than $20k missing ,they could only trace $2500 through debit card use. The rest of the money was taken as cash.

Dadof3
Jul '16

Dadof3, thanks for the clarification. Still not enough though. You want enough to make a clean getaway. ;-)

LOL Bob!

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

The best part of the whole story is that the mayor and council have no plans to have her removed or ask for her resignation. They say it has nothing to do with the town!!!

Dadof3
Jul '16

That's about a sleazy as it gets. I know nothing of Mansfield politics, but if the mayor and council think it's fine for her to stay and it has nothing to do with town they need to go too!

Denis Denis
Jul '16

I didn't understand why she still had her job, I thought I was missing something. On a personal note, if it was me, I would want to move out of town. To face the community that I stole from would be too embarrassing and I would be so ashamed. I don't know if there's more to the story since this is "allegedly ". Sadly, this seems to happen too often with sports teams, PTA's, etc.

Bessie Bessie
Jul '16

She has a job because she is an elected official. She absolutely should resign, but the rest of the Township Committee has no authority to "fire" her.

The position she held that involved the theft was with the sports association, a position she left when she was elected to the governing body.

No regrets
Jul '16

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf/2016/09/did_a_sitting_nj_official_accu.html#incart_river_mobileshort_home

Dadof3
Sep '16

Resigns and gets PTI. Interesting.

Sep '16

Does she have to pay the money back??

Molly
Sep '16

As a Mansfield resident, it's about time she resigned. It's just a shame that she apparently has brokered a deal for entry into PTI when she should be prosecuted fully.

Thanks to Committeeman Misertino for speaking out and calling for her resignation. He recognized what the people of the town felt and spoke his mind as someone elected to serve the people. Kudos to him for not hiding behind the township attorney.

And shame on Mayor Kocher for keeping silent.

JerryG JerryG
Sep '16

This woman served on the sports rec committee for years collecting cash. This is a drop in the bucket of what she actually stole. Over $20,000 was missing in cash. The $2,500 was the only proof they had from debit card transactions. Image what she stole over the years!! I cannot believe that people are allowed to handle cash and no one watches over them. Shame on the rec committee for not having audits in place. (If that were me I wouldn't want to ever be accused of stealing and I would want to cover my own a**).
It is an absolute shame that she will not be paying a penalty for her actions. Her roll on the town committee plays a huge part in how this is being handled.
You steal - you pay the price. What slap in the face to mansfield families.

mad in mansfield mad in mansfield
Sep '16

Mad In Mansfield - This was from the Parents Association and NOT the Rec Committee. Rec Committee Members do not handle cash.

Check Your Facts Check Your Facts
Sep '16

Check Your Facts- -You need to Check Your Facts. She worked all the Rec functions at the football games - handled all the money for 50/50's, handled all the cash from the snack stand, handled all the cash from fund raisers, etc.
Don't tell me she didn't handle cash - she was in charge of it all! What a joke.

mad in mansfield mad in mansfield
Sep '16

Mansfield Football is not part of the Mansfield Recreation dept is the point being made. Which in the big picture doesn't really matter.

Sep '16

One would hope that her acceptance into PTI includes a reasonable amount to be repaid.

Otherwise crime does pay

Greg G
Sep '16

Let me clear somethings up. First, Mansfield cowboys football IS a rec. run sport. Second the money that was stolen was from the football parents association which fund raises to help support the football and cheer program. Third, the association has nothing to do with the town, just in name. Based on past fund raising, food sales and 50/50's ect.. there is over $20k missing. The charge of $2500 was the amount that they could prove with receipts from ATM withdrawals. The other amounts were most likely taken as cash at the Time of the event!!

Dadof3
Sep '16

I stand corrected. The group she stole from was not Mansfield Rec but the parents association.

Sep '16

This entire mess reeks of a cover up and favors handed out. Sounds like the prosecution did not go for the throat and offered up a sweet plea deal just to make it go away. The victims must have had some solid evidence otherwise it would have completely been sweep under the rug.

covered up covered up
Sep '16

Reviving this thread to ask who was appointed by the Mansfield Township Committee to fill the unexpired 15 months remaining on Mrs. Korzewkowski's term?

No mention of anything on the township web site or that I can find in the press; the only change is that her name has been deleted from the listing of Committee assignments.

Also, does anyone from Mansfield know if the current committee members have township email addresses?

JerryG JerryG
Oct '16

Ron Hayes was voted in by 3 of the 4 remaining members.Shirley Kocher was the only member voting no.

honda750 honda750
Oct '16

Yet another Watters clone?

JerryG JerryG
Oct '16

Wasn't there at one time a show called "Under cover of the Night" or maybe it was a song.

Oct '16

Ron was the best candidate that was presented to the town committee by the Republican committee to fill the vacant seat!

Dadof3
Oct '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.