By the year 2050

By the year 2050

Interesting...

By the year 2050 we will need the resources of three worlds to support the expected population. Today is a good day to consider reducing waste and increasing the use of renewable resources.

Larry M Darst Larry M Darst
Jul '16

Just another of a thousand reasons for stopping illegal immigration and slowing down immigration in general. Too many sheep out there to even consider that though.

Shockey Shockey
Jul '16

"stopping illegal immigration and slowing down immigration in general."

how is slowing down immigration into the US going to lower the overall Earth population?

darwin darwin
Jul '16

Between 2005 and 2050, the nation's population will increase to 438 million from 296 million, a rise of 142 million people that represents growth of 48%. Immigrants who arrive after 2005, and their U.S.-born descendants, account for 82% of the projected national population increase during the 2005–2050 period.

Earth population has nothing to do with that obviously except for the fact that when people come here they want to breed more with all the free handouts.

Shockey Shockey
Jul '16

Now here's some real tinfoil hat stuff - read about eugenics and the Georgia guide stones - there's a movement out there trying to prevent this

skippy skippy
Jul '16

xenophobia from Shockey aside (I'm actually surprised he didn't say "It's all Obama's fault!"), the best way to preserve resources is through population control. It's a subject no one wants to touch, but it's the truth. There is no reason (except often religious ones) to have 5, 6,7 or more kids in a family. It's insane.

And for the third world? the best way to curb population growth...education.

eperot eperot
Jul '16

I agree with you 100%

skippy skippy
Jul '16

The effectiveness of modern medicine in lowering infant mortality has enabled most humans to live atleast until childbearing age (that was not always the case throughout human history). While we all know that morally/ethically we are happy that people survive diseases that used to wipe out societies, we have not addressed the necessary parallel adjustments we now realize are imperative such as birth control, education, poverty etc.

"Now here's some real tinfoil hat stuff - read about eugenics and the Georgia guide stones - there's a movement out there trying to prevent this'

I can tinfoil with the best of them Skippy. How about this?

Once the human/robot hybrids and full robots start replacing humans, what then? I don't think they need to eat. That would reduce the strain on resources.

Then of course, there is the chance that martial law will be imposed and millions will be sent to the FEMA re-education camps or killed. How is that for population control?

So much fun. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

ISIS has a solution for population control. Forget tinfoil hats, what about heads?

DannyC DannyC
Jul '16

That's good stuff calico

skippy skippy
Jul '16

Too many damn people on the planet??? Too many damned people in this STATE !!!!

Too many damned people in this TOWN when it takes me 15 minutes to get from one side of the town to the other (a distance of about 3 miles)

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jul '16

"15 minutes" - in a car, where you can afford gas, 1st World Problems...

Lol 100% agree JR ! And I'd say you were lucky that it only took 15 minutes:) It is ridiculous...

skippy - We should start an official tinfoil hat thread. Could be real fun. Seen any chemtrails lately? ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

I'm not saying we need to kill off the Chinese, but I'm not saying we should take it off our list of options either ;)

1988LJ 1988LJ
Jul '16

In addition to spending millions, feeding families overseas (while our own country is struggling), give them condoms, along with their bible handouts. Oh wait... can't do that. God said for humans to reproduce.... and still is... and it's the year 2016!
There's going to major culling, soon. History always repeats itself. We may be done with the past, but the past isn't done with us.

sparksjbc1964 sparksjbc1964
Jul '16

what in the world would prompt you to make a statement like that in a public forum 1988lj?

kepa
Jul '16

The entire world population could fit into the state of TX with a 1000 square feet per person.

There is the same amount of water on this planet as when it was created.

There is more oil available to us now then ever before due to technology in drilling, fracking and refining.

For the Elites to get off planet permanently they will need a much larger world population for 1) the brain power 2) they need more people to rob/tax to pay for such a project.

Don't let anyone tell you different.

"For the Elites to get off planet permanently they will need a much larger world population for 1) the brain power 2) they need more people to rob/tax to pay for such a project."

I'm not really sure that's possible, but I like your thought process.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

Kepa,
More than 1 in 7 people are Chinese. They're also our enemies. We could stand to lose a few of 'em.

1988LJ 1988LJ
Jul '16

Why do you think the Chinese are our enemy?

justintime justintime
Jul '16

I prefer the old classic, In the Year 2525 by Zager and Evans.

kb2755 kb2755
Jul '16

Now that was a great song....

I still believe we need to consider increasing renewable energy. Developing a country wide mass transit system. Taking better care of our health.

Oh, but don't reduce my beer consumption. Some sacrifices i am unwilling to make.

Larry M Darst Larry M Darst
Jul '16

"Kepa,
More than 1 in 7 people are Chinese. They're also our enemies. We could stand to lose a few of 'em.
1988LJ"

wow....bigoted much?

Bemused Bemused
Jul '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.