Just bought a motorcycle

Just bought a motorcycle

I searched, but surprisingly didn't see a thread about bikes?

I'd name the thread "Calling all Bikers" like the Hophead thread- but the term has negative associations to many..

Anyway- Last week, I purchased another streetbike. My friends reply was- could you have picked a hotter day? :) I always wear full gear, regardless of the temp.

Does anyone on here ride? I saw a guy with a ZRX while I was metal detecting a few weeks ago in Hackettstown- spoke with him briefly.

So here is the new scoot-

Congratulations on your new bike!!

Sunshine Sunshine
Jul '16

Josh, CBGB rides. He did have a thread about getting together to ride a number of years ago. His moniker is, or at least was a combe of his 3? bikes initials if I remember correctly.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jul '16

Josh, how do you stand the heat? Our neighbor has a sport bike and he came home the other afternoon in full gear too. Obviously, it's safest that way, but damn, how do you breathe?

Tracy Tracy
Jul '16

Better to have a layer between you and the 100-degree blast furnace that is the road on a hot day. Otherwise you end up looking like a dehydrated Robert Redford....or the mummy...

Always brings a smile to see less than adequately clothed 95- or 40-degree newbies out there.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Jul '16

Josh you have interesting hobbies. Congrats on the bike!

hktownie hktownie
Jul '16

Congrats and best wishes!

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

Phil D. - That was CBGB's old name that included the Kawaski GPZ. You're right it was quite a few years ago. You may remember that his old neighbor Collegeview Rider was one of the others too. But CBGB can speak for himself and give all the details. There are a number of riders around on the forum.

I'm pretty sure John C rides

skippy skippy
Jul '16

Good Luck with the Bike!

Ed
'13 ZX6R 636

Ed the newbie Ed the newbie
Jul '16

Re: Just bought a motorcycle

Im in for a ride. Next two weekends dont work. Post something,see who rides.

Nice Duck. I'm not worthy of riding with that. Tank bag, tail rack and all. I bet it sounds lovely with what appears to be aftermarket cans.

Let me know when it needs a valve adjustment and we'll tear into it. :)

Love those old GPZ. I used to own a LTD750, which was a cruiser-ish trim package of a KZ750, which the GPZ was the hopped up sportier sibling.

I ride, not as often as I'd like to though. Be safe out there.

-Jerry
'02 954RR

JWolfe75 JWolfe75
Jul '16

Re: Just bought a motorcycle

Threw a few parts at the bike. Love it.-

Weather should get nice in the next week or so. Anyone else riding?

I am getting a custom sissy bar made for the wife. Bought a set of factory Honda heated grips I need to install as well.

I want to rack up some miles. :)

There is a charity motorcycle ride Sunday Oct 9 starting at Johnson Dodge. Check out the FB page. Maybe we can get an HL group together.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1602218140071848/

Josh,

Congrats on the new bike. I have a different bike than the one people might remember.

Collegeviewrider Collegeviewrider
Oct '16

Nice. Just put some deer whistles on it if you're tiding in NJ !

kerii
Oct '16

Anyone else riding? I've been out quite a bit.

Made a bunch of changes to the bike. Not done yet- several more ideas in the works.

I am really REALLY enjoying riding it.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.