Tim Kaine

Wow!
I did not know much about him until I heard his speech today in Miami.
What an amazing person -- so genuine, intelligent, caring, and what a background.
I think he is a wonderful person and I'm thrilled Clinton chose him for her VP.

happiest girl
Jul '16

He's the best of the best for Clinton's number 1 expertise. Pandering to all the minority, which works, because she can give a hoot about any of them. She just wants potus for destruction. Kain is amazing because he's "Spanish" speaking. If you don't call that pandering I dunno what else it could be... just heard Obama voting for trump :-)

Forcefed4door Forcefed4door
Jul '16

listened to Kaine speech, inclusive, good heart, experienced, successful never lost a race, knows who he is and his issues were clearly expressed, his life partner can equal him.
It is even more clear to me who I will vote for, Hillary and Kaine.

just coach just coach
Jul '16

???/ Are you people that ignorant !!!

He was caught taking monies during his career ..

Yes indeed, goes nicely w/ Hillary's actions..

How about putting someone in with no criminal actions in their history ?
Oh wait..that's the standard now ...

Steven Steven
Jul '16

"I dunno what else it could be" - how about missionary work in Honduras.

Kaine will help in both VA and NC which are key battlegrounds. If she wins both of those states, it's pretty well over. She could easily afford to lose in FL in that case which is saying a lot.

"He was caught taking monies during his career .." Forgot to mention that the donation was perfectly legal at the time.

@Happiest - I'm with you didn't know very much about Kaine but as you said intelligent, genuine and caring. I like his Jesuit background and that he has applied the teachings to his personal and professional life. He is even keeled, inclusive and well respected. In such a nasty, the sky is falling political theatre election those traits are appreciated.

Lol, anyone voting for Hillary, regardless of Tim Kaine's abilities clearly doesn't have an IQ higher than 15. They're not acting as co-presidents, the VP's job is pretty limited unless Hillary dies which unfortunately probably won't happen.
Also, Hillary can say goodbye to Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania, and maybe even Michigan- The Trump/Pence ticket is much more attractive to the people in those states.

1988LJ 1988LJ
Jul '16

"He was caught taking monies during his career .." Yes Kaine took legal gifts reporting each one as required by law. Pence took campaign donations to pay off his mortgage on his house, his personal credit card bill, groceries, golf tournament fees and his wife's car payments. Again legal but so egregious that he lost the election and campaign finance laws were strengthened on a state and Federal level shortly thereafter. Don't think the Republicans will be making much noise about this.

Good thing The Donald has all his Latino "friends."

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Jul '16

True, they are not acting as co-presidents because that job is/will go to the team of Hil/Bil. He can't and won't stay out of the limelight so if you want her, prepare for him running the country again. I say Yuck to that team.

justwondering justwondering
Jul '16

it is nothing more than an attempt to distract from her e-mail history, foundation short comings and back door transactions, and total disregard for the value of American lives.

Do any of you have any clue what her party and Obama have done to the military and the way they are treated when they require medical care ? ??

Steven Steven
Jul '16

It amazes me that people on here allow Hillary to present them with a "shiny new thing" and they just forget about everything she has done and without ANY vetting blindly follow like sheep "how wonderful" Tim Kaine is - just BECAUSE Hillary said he is.

Nothing to see here either...

This is PRECISELY why the country is in the state it's in. So many people don't have THEIR OWN mind; instead, they believe what they want, from who they listen to like good little sheeple.

Wow...he speak Spanish...so now all the Latino's are on board because of that?!?!?!?

The famous mob boss Carlo Gambino spoke fluent Italian..so should all the Italians have wanted him for president? No, because people were not that elementary back then. They actually had brains years ago.

Heidi Heidi
Jul '16

He reminds me of the annoying uncle that comes over for every holiday who's been wearing the same sport coat for the last 30 yrs.

Ollie Ollie
Jul '16

It amazes me how many people buy into the fear, twisted facts, ethics and loathing that is Trump. That is precisely why our country is where it is - people like Trump and others who have been hell bent on destroying America for at least 7+ years. They have consistently fought civility, collaboration, compromise and common-sense. If every single business did this then absolutely nothing would get done and many would declare bankruptcy so now it is easy to see why Trump has had so many bankruptcies and failures - it's never about solution but blame, blame and more blame.

Wow. There are some real winner commentors here. Once again, quality reportage from 1988LJ who thinks it unfortunate that Hillary probably won't die....real nice, jackass.

And yes, Steven. Picking a running mate has nothing to do with the rules of the game and the fact that the convention is next week...it's all just to distract everyone from her emails and contempt for human life.

Some of the posters here shake my faith in Humanity, not that l have much to begin with.

Eperot Eperot
Jul '16

You're not the only one Eperot.

Gadfly Gadfly
Jul '16

Yeah.... pretty sure 1988LJ went over the edge on that one. When you are incapable of using facts.......

Jul '16

He gave a good speech, at least the parts I listened to, but that's how politicians get elected, which we should keep in mind.So I wait and see. I do agree that the Spanish was pandering. Even juvenile. Is it inclusive? No. Why didn't he then speak in the foreign language of all immigrants. Do Americans born on US soil need to go to google translate while they watch the news every night? Silly.

maja2 maja2
Jul '16

Hey Bonv...the people that can think for themselves and are not allowing Hillary to control their thoughts and actions are NOT necessarily Trump fans by default. I know a lot of people (myself included) that see Hillary for what she is but don't segue that automatically into love of Trump.

It's exactly the small mindedness and in the box (or inside the party of choice) thinking that makes you ASSUME that anyone who hates Hillary is a trump supporter.

Remember what your grandmother used to say Bonv...when you assume you make an... "ass out of you and me...."

Try thinking on your own 2 feet and see what happens.

Heidi Heidi
Jul '16

Well said Heidi. We are all not dumb downed robots.

Ollie Ollie
Jul '16

I believe the expression would be dumbed-down.

Eperot Eperot
Jul '16

so very predictable responses..... I mourn the days when immediate vitriol wasn't the go-to response in politics, from both sides...

pmnsk pmnsk
Jul '16

Robot down, robot down.....

Jul '16

Wow. Excuse me for not getting my wording to your liking. Must be so nice to be so perfect. Is this better... I'm not a dumb a#% ?

Ollie Ollie
Jul '16

No ASSUMPTIONS Heidi - you've been all over the Trump posts since version 1 with some pretty nasty comments.

Okay, I guess I don't want Hillary to die. She does have grandkids, after all, who don't deserve that kind of loss at a young age. Even if it would benefit the rest of the nation immensely.
My point was, more importantly, that people shouldn't decide to vote for anyone because of the VP choice unless the candidate is very old or unhealthy. That's just ridiculous.

1988LJ 1988LJ
Jul '16

" Even if it would benefit the rest of the nation immensely."

So basically,...you're still saying you wish she were dead.

"people shouldn't decide to vote for anyone because of the VP choice unless the candidate is very old or unhealthy. "

Sort of like not voting for an aging John McCain because of Sarah Palin? Because that definitely made sense to me.

eperot eperot
Jul '16

I'm not for Hillary, but some of these comments coming from Trump supporters scares the hell out of me. Seems to be the mentality that Trump promotes.

Apparently 1988LJ doesn't think much before he posts and then regrets it. I've done that, but he is consistent.

positive positive
Jul '16

"They have consistently fought civility, collaboration, compromise and common-sense."

They have consistently fought to redistribute more for the causes *they* believe in, collaborate only when it is in their best interests, give the illusion of compromise and cry foul when anyone questions just how their version of compromise will be implemented, and lack common-sense by conveniently forgetting (or not) that they can only get what they want through force imposed by the government.

There, fixed it for ya!

Oh, and people are only "good" if they agree to become slaves to society, falling back on some fictional contract that supposedly we all agreed to when we were born ;-)

justintime justintime
Jul '16

Fantastically said JIT..couldn't have been articulated any better than that.

positive positive
Jul '16

Now that's open-minded and not judgmental. Not i just can't believe you are talking about Trumpeters like that.

Stranherdanget Stranherdanget
Jul '16

Oh 1988LJ, haven’t you heard. Shillery is an strong advocate for women and children. Hmm, now lets see her record. During her eight years in the Senate, she sponsored ONLY 3 bills that became law. 1) renamed a highway 2) re-designated a post office and 3) had a house deemed a national historic site. WOW what a strong advocate for women and children. WOW what a strong effective President she would be. As for her record as SOS, her lack of accomplishments is even more dismal.

Jara, don't you de-mean Shrillery? Got to work on your insults :>)

Actually her record is seen as very good. There's a bit more to Congress than just sponsoring bills although that is one indicator and one where Hillary apparently does not have any new ideas. But on other Congressional metrics she has a very good record.

As SoS, well there you might have a point. A lot of miles but not a lot of success. Think Kerry has already done better.. Timing.......timing.

Jul '16

In 2007, Kaine was the Governor of Virginia and, of all people, chose Muslim American Society (MAS) President Esam Omeish to the state’s Immigration Commission. A Muslim organization against Islamism criticized the appointment and reckless lack of vetting.

Kaine has many faults including stealing funds from his own state.

Jonesy
Jul '16

Kerry just recently said that your refrigerator and air conditioner are a greater threat to the world than ISIS. Really.

kb2755 kb2755
Jul '16

As soon as he turns off the a.c. in all his houses I'll turn my off. What an idiot. The only greater threat to us than ISIS is this administration.

Ollie Ollie
Jul '16

Nope kb. You twisted it after taking it out of context.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Jul '16

Re: Tim Kaine

WAKE UP AMERICANS!!

"THE SYSTEM DOESN'T GO AFTER THE BIG CRIMINALS .........BECAUSE THEY RUN THE SYSTEM!!"

HILLARY"S AMERICA > THE SECRET HISTORY OF THE DEMOCRAT PARTY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7e6gLht6OQ&feature=share

NOW IN A THEATRE NEAR YOU >>A MUST SEE FOR EVERY AMERICAN!

It is playing in Town!

sha44ss sha44ss
Jul '16

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/07/23/team-of-grifters-tim-kaine-reinforces-crooked-hillarys-weaknesses-on-cronyism-corruption/

NO WORDS NEEDED!

sha44ss sha44ss
Jul '16

AND THIS IS ONE IS ON BREITBART FOR FREE FOREVER!

http://www.breitbart.com/clinton-cash-movie/

‘Clinton Cash’ Movie Surpasses 500,000 Views in 48 Hours

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/07/25/clinton-cash-movie-surpasses-500000-views-in-48-hours/

sha44ss sha44ss
Jul '16

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

4catmom 4catmom
Jul '16

"HILLARY"S AMERICA > THE SECRET HISTORY OF THE DEMOCRAT PARTY!"

Sha44s getting her news from a convicted felon now. Excellent. Please go. I figure you might pass out from the boredom and forget to vote....

Then she turns to Clinton Cash as proof positive. Unfortunately the author says: "Schweizer said that while his research uncovered no proof of a quid pro quo between foreign interests and the 2016 Democratic frontrunner, the evidence does suggest a troubling trend." No quid pro quo. Vote Hillary!!! http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/article/2015/apr/26/fact-checking-april-26-shows-clinton-cash/

Jul '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.