Trinity Church on Main Street.

1988LJ 1988LJ
Jul '16

Look at the website of:

Trinity United Methodist Church

here in Hackettstown

Bernie Bernie
Jul '16

I have been a member of Trinity United Methodist Church on Main St. for over 50 years. Everyone loves Reverend Frank Fowler who is the pastor there and grew up in Hackettstown. I also would highly recommend Trinity for a young couple, families, or senior or just about anyone that would like to further their Faith..

Joyful Joyful
Jul '16

I might ask a couple of questions to help you in your search. Do you prefer a smaller congregation or a larger congregation? Is your theology/belief system very conservative or more liberal? That might influence your choice.

I'd suggest that you try several of our local congregations: there is Episcopalian: St. James; Methodist: Trinity; Presbyterian: First Presbyterian Church; Catholic: St. Mary's Church of the Assumption; Lutheran: Gethsemane; Baptist: Hackettstown Baptist.

Look at websites/social media pages for congregations. Visit each church and see what feels like the right fit for you. Everyone here, including me, can give you OUR opinion of our church, but you need to find the church that feels like home to you.

Good luck in your search.

summerrain1 summerrain1
Jul '16

Make sure the church has a pokestop. Although it does seem that most do.

Forcefed4door Forcefed4door
Jul '16

I would definitely recommend Trinity Methodist on Main Street. Have relied on them for 42 years for strength and comfort.

Dansker Dansker
Jul '16

My husband and I have been members at Trinity UMC for over 20 years; we came from two different backgrounds, Protestant and Catholic, and were able to find what we needed together at Trinity. There are so many ways to get involved and they serve the community with the Lord's Pantry, Thrift Shop and so many missions from Midnight Run to help the NY homeless, fixing homes in Appalachia, and bringing supplies to orphans in Haiti. They have services at 5:00pm on Sat. nights at Trinity House (very casual), and 3 services on Sunday. Just go to one service and listen to Dr. Frank Fowler or any of the other amazing pastors speak and you will feel as inspired and welcome as we were 20 years ago.

PEACE PEACE
Jul '16

Vienna UMC is a nice small congregation if you want the close knit feel

skippy skippy
Jul '16

I'm not a church-goer (altho I am a devout Christian; yeah- that's another thread), and...

I really like this thread :)

We give stuff to Trinity Thrift Shop ALL THE TIME, and I love reading about their other efforts as well.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jul '16

Breakpoint community church. Very comfortable it's non denominational. I love it. Great for children as we'll. They have children's church.

While I have been a member of Trinity Church on Main Street for over 15 years, I agree with summerrain1's comment above. You want to find a church that is a good fit for you, and her questions are important to consider.

With that being said, here's what Trinity has to offer:
--4 services with a variety of worship styles, from super-casual to quiet to contemporary to traditional
--a rich music ministry, with multiple vocal and bell choirs as well as bands for all ages
--relevant sermon topics that help you relate the Bible to today's world and your life
--multiple ministry/service opportunities (everything from local to international)

Above all, there is a positive energy at Trinity! There is always something going on, and the church works hard to stay relevant in today's world while remaining grounded in the beliefs of the Methodist church. What first attracted me was the music...that's my thing and Trinity does music well!

(And I know you said you don't have any children, not sure if that's something in your future, but if it is, there is a vibrant children/youth ministry. I'm there this week for Vacation Bible School and this place is rockin'!)

Finally, the church's mission statement is "a fellowship seeking to share the love and word of Jesus Christ with all!" Definitely try different churches to find your best fit, but make sure Trinity is on your list!

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Jul '16

Oh and it's great to see so many Trinity members sharing on this post...I wonder if we know each other? :)

And I meant to share Trinity's website here: www.catchthespirit.org so you can check it out!

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Jul '16

Please consider First Presbyterian Church here in Hackettstown.

Evergreen'69 Evergreen'69
Jul '16

Don't forget Trinitys outreach program - they have a great food bank and community closet, also they have many missions abroad - they do great work. I love their golf cart that they patrol the lot with to help people to the door lol. I have always supported the UMC due to their national women's groups my grandmother was a part of - they were one of the first to support the suffrage movement and work to bring the sacred feminine to the Christian faith

skippy skippy
Jul '16

Waterloo United Methodist Church. Small church, accepting of all, various opportunities to be involved in community if you so choose, beautiful setting, and welcoming if you are looking for a church family. Services 9:30 in summer and 10 a.m. in winter. No air conditioning. Dress comfortably.

H'townian H'townian
Jul '16

Thank you all. Going to try all thats recommended...

cat lover cat lover
Jul '16

We are very fortunate to live in a town where there are many options for worship. I also recommend Trinity for a welcoming, inspirational, community based experience. Go to a variety of services to see which one is best for you. We prefer the 10:45.

Hackettstown SDA church. Small loving congregation. On 517 across from quick check gas station. There's a nice mix of all ages and races. Please come visit. Our services are on Saturday and we have adult Sabbath school class at 9:30 and worship service at 11:00 and we always have a buffet style lunch afterwards so everyone can sit and fellowship. God bless!❤

We travel to Morristown to the Hyatt to attend church. It's called Liquid. We look forward to Sundays! Check them out online at liquidchurch.com

Outdoors
Jul '16

Outdoor i go there now...love it..just want to be more local

cat lover cat lover
Jul '16

If you would like to try worshipping on Saturday, Hackettstown Seventh Day Adventist is a good choice. We have a nice group of young people as well as children and Adults of All ages & ethnicity's. Sabbath School is at 9:30 which is an interactive Bible Study with adult English & Spanish classes, Church begins @ 11:00 with a Vegetarian Potluck after the service. Please try us out, I think you will find us a warm, friendly & caring church. God Bless you in your search.

Td very interested!! I am vegan too! Do i need to call or just show up

cat lover cat lover
Jul '16

We have been going to Trinity's Saturday Night Worship service (SNW) for the past 6-7 years. Its a great service it you do not prefer the traditional service. We love it because its a very family friendly atmosphere.

JD4020 JD4020
Jul '16

Sounds cool what time jd. We dont have kids tho

cat lover cat lover
Jul '16

5pm every Saturday at Trinity House on East Moore Street.

JD4020 JD4020
Jul '16

Ty i want to ci e thus sat

cat lover cat lover
Jul '16

I love the 6pm evening service at Grace Church on Rt. 46 in Netcong. It is a Christian church. There are 4 services on Sundays 8:15am, 9:45am, 11:15am and 6pm. Here is their website:

http://www.grace4families.com

The music at Grace is phenomenal and there are a TON of small groups for you to join if you are interested in that sort of thing. If you are between the ages of 18-25 there is a great young adult ministry as well - aptly named 1825. This church really explores the bible from an in depth perspective. Each week has a "theme" and there is a fantastic sense of community.

I've been attending services at Grace for a few years now and I think it's had a tremendous positive impact on my life. When I started attending services, I went by myself. About a year of so later, my husband started attending with me and now we go together when our schedules permit. It's the sort of place where you can be involved as much or as little as you want. The various pastors all have very different styles and the congregants are pretty welcoming.

If you feel unsettled going into a new place by yourself, I'd be happy to meet you at one of their services. Just Pm me. The 6pm service has really nice hospitality hour after the service where people can eat and just get to know one another.

Antimony Antimony
Jul '16

Cat lover you can just show up...no need to call first :-)

I belong to Trinity and highly recommend it. I agree with all the above posters about this church. My only suggestion would be to check out all the services that they offer as they are all different in some way. Personally I don't like the Saturday night one as it would be too casual for me. The 8:15 is held in the air conditioned chapel. The 9:15 service and 10:45 are held in the sanctuary which isn't air conditioned at present. The 9:15 has contemporary music whereas the 10:45 has traditional music and handbells at times. These two services are well attended not only by locals but those who travel from outside the town. The 9:15 music is so upbeat and has youth involved in it. I personally haven't been to the 10:45 in years to say anything about it except that it's traditional.

Good luck in your search.

Magpie Magpie
Jul '16

First Presbyterian Church! Every one loves the Pastor there! <3

Joyce #1 Joyce #1
Jul '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.