Another attack in France

Prayers to people of France once again.

Ollie Ollie
Jul '16

Smart, open your borders and let your enemy in. When will our (and the worlds) leaders get it! This is a war.

auntiel auntiel
Jul '16

The pictures of this attack are awful. I hope we wake up soon to this enemy. They are not the j.v. team and are not on the run.

Ollie Ollie
Jul '16

Currently 75 dead, from a truck plowing into a crowd....prayers to the families

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/14/europe/nice-france-truck/

"The attack in Nice, France, began when an occupant of the truck shot into the crowd and then drove for 2 kilometers along the pavement of the Boulevard des Anglais, the main street in Nice, regional President Christian Estrosi told CNN affiliate BFM-TV. He said police later found firearms, explosives and grenades in the truck."

Darrin Darrin
Jul '16

The radical Islamist scum strikes again.

kb2755 kb2755
Jul '16

Just a matter of time before something like that happens here. But let's not profile........ Let them all come in with open arms.

Philliesman Philliesman
Jul '16

And they want to let then over here?

Trump was / is right!

Don't let them in our country without proper clearance.

This is a "Terrorist War" on the World from Islam Terrorists.....

Embryodad Embryodad
Jul '16

It's time to start vetting these people BEFORE they come to this/EU countries! Better yet, don't let them in. If they can't control their own population then no one gets to come.

When was the last time you heard of a plot foiled by "moderate" members of their own faith? I'm sure someone will come to the rescue by scouring Google and find one instance but by in large, the Muslim community is tight knit. Their mosques preach hatred and no one stands up until after the fact.

Robbetggrobber
Jul '16

Up to 84 dead, by truck.

Shall we ban trucks?

Or shall we talk about the real problem once and for all?

Darrin Darrin
Jul '16

No fly no drive.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jul '16

Nahhh..... We can't talk about the real problems. We will just keep doing the pc thing....... Blame guns, cops, poverty, etc

Philliesman Philliesman
Jul '16

There's no strategy to defeat them coming from the Whitehouse. Never was never will be. Good thing police in Nice had guns so they could stop this terrorist from doing any more damage.

Ollie Ollie
Jul '16

"But let's not profile..."

Profiling never makes sense, except in the context of believing entire populations with similar external traits are all guilty. Which basically means profiling never makes sense, because assigning guilt based on the visual cues of skin color, garments, hair styles, etc, can't ever possibly be true. As in never. Surely profiling will snag some bad folks, but it won't be because of external traits but because they are criminals.

Lawful diligence (no profiling), combined with not escalating a bad situation by telling whole swaths of people their are criminals, is always the right answer. The ONLY thing profiling will do is make those being profiled angry. And since it usually takes some form of anger to lash out, being the source of that anger doesn't sound too logical to me.

But we are all human beings after all, and often times logic is drowned out by emotion, so try to think about what kind of statement you are really making when you argue for profiling, because I can guarantee that those being profiled will most definitely not agree...

justintime justintime
Jul '16

Everyone's waking up. About. Damn. Time.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jul '16

That's too bad if they don't agree and will make them angry. What we've been doing, or not doing, isn't working. Letting terrorists out of Gitmo doesn't make sense but we're doing it. How's that working for us? We need a declaration of war against these people and quit pussy footing around worrying about hurting someone's feelings. I'm more worried about our lives and the danger our country is in.

Ollie Ollie
Jul '16

Nah Ollie....instead we need to take rights away from law abiding American citizens, for the actions of these terrorists......how is that NOT profiling?

Darrin Darrin
Jul '16

Good point Darrin- not to change the subject, but gun control laws are NOTHING BUT profiling.

Jul '16

Ban hertz, penske, uhaul and budget trucks before it's too late

Bug3
Jul '16

Not agreeing with each other isn't the problem, that happens all the time. Dealing with people who *ACT* to bring harm is 100% justified, as is arresting suspected criminals and using the justice system to answer yay or nay about the charges.

Looking at an entire group of people, wagging your finger and telling all of them they are criminals with no rights, will never be true. Ever. That's like me saying that anyone whose name begins with an O an arrogant SOB, because Obama is an arrogant SOB. It can never possibly be true. Ever.

Regarding Gitmo, my understanding is that the people in Gitmo were never charged with any crime, just suspected and held without trial. The govt simply suspected they were guilty and tried torturing them to find out after the fact if they were. They were released because the govt had no real basis for keeping them. I have no doubt many were involved somehow, but in reality the entire Gitmo process just added fuel the to fire, especially because of any type of proof.

Don't agree? Flip the situation on its end and put Americans in Gitmo with Iran running the prison. I guarantee you would feel completely different about it.

The answer, as always, is to specify those who are causing the problems and deal with them, leaving the speculation out of it. Otherwise, implying an entire group based on one trait can and will only ever lead to more of what you want to avoid. Basic human nature here.

justintime justintime
Jul '16

"The answer, as always, is to specify those who are causing the problems and deal with them, leaving the speculation out of it. Otherwise, implying an entire group based on one trait can and will only ever lead to more of what you want to avoid. Basic human nature here."

Not disagreeing with you, Justin... but... that approach does nothing to stop the attacks from happening, if you're arresting after the crime has been committed. It would be nice to be able to stop this stuff BEFORE it happens (which we have done occasionally, usually from tips of bomb-making, etc.)

Jul '16

Thank you JIT for being the voice of reason here. Everyone needs to turn down the volume. The attacker was a French national of Tunisian descent, not some terrorist that just slipped in from Syria because "they just let them all come in". I know people here love to jump to conclusions and blame government officials but how would you ever have stopped something like this? You cannot, even in a police state with security levels on high alert at all times.

Eperot Eperot
Jul '16

Eperot. Good points. Sometimes, no matter what you do, actions cannot be stopped. It's an imperfect world.

the only way for this to get "under control" is for the religion (the radical branch of it) to change. Unfortunately I don't see that happening anytime soon. The best we can do is be on high alert at all times, I guess...

Jul '16

Tunisian-born Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel...

Darn French guys...

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jul '16

A useful role for NATO: Declare war on ISIS and garner an international coalition to wipe them out.

DannyC DannyC
Jul '16

"Or shall we talk about the real problem once and for all?" Sure, we're all eyes....

My thoughts and prayers go out to the French who did nothing more that want to see some fireworks on their 4th of July.

Did a little research re: the question of "how did they get those guns in a tough gun control state of France." Well, once in the EU it's ez to transport from country to country just like moving between our states. Like our gun laws on a state level and Federal level, EU gun laws are EU recommended, but country dependent and there are stricter and less strict countries, however I think every country has stronger laws than the US. http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/05/news/gun-control-europe-new-laws/

So how did they get the guns. Well, up to this point --- two ways. One way was to convert "deactivated" guns (restrictions being issued on this to close it down) but the prominent way is black market across the EU border from gun-saturated Eastern European Countries. I.E. terrorists (i.e. criminals) could still get their guns on the black market. The EU to EU borders still worked like our state borders but the ability to get guns from outside the EU seems relatively easy. http://time.com/how-europes-terrorists-get-their-guns/

It's a problem we have only within our borders: supply and demand. Where there is an overabundance of supply in one place with minimal gun controls and a demand in another contiguous place, there will be a lucrative black market. FL to NJ transfers are even easier.

Obviously although a number of guns were found, this latest attack was about a truck furthering "where there's a will, there's a way." I still say the truck was harder to pull off than using a gun, which he had a number of, but certainly not much given the crowds and narrow streets.

There are no easy answers or global solutions. Our situation is different than France, different than the EU, but the threat possibility is the same. Have to be perfect 24x7, 365 days and nights a year and some sub human just needs to be roughly right for a few minutes. Information and intelligence is critical yet will erode our liberties or the liberties of a profiled subset of us like: Gingrich calls for deportation of Muslims calls for deportation of any Muslim believing in Sharia Law. "Anybody who goes on a website favoring ISIS, or Al Qaeda, or other terrorist groups, that should be a felony, and they should go to jail. Any organization which hosts such a website should be engaged in a felony. It should be closed down immediately."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/newt-gingrich-muslims-deportation-tests-225589#ixzz4ETu5qasS

Lucy ----- you got some internet splaining to do....... Wow, just going to a website lands you in jail on a felony, that's got to be a bit over the top representing what JIT noted: pissing an entire group plus those who love liberty. Gonna make number of hits have a new definition. But hey, it's not the profiling, it's the action Newt suggests that the result is deportation for anyone who visits the site that's over the top ---- IMHO. Profile away --- but act judiciously. It's War.

But Newt makes a point: we are at War, we need to act like we are at War. In War, stuff happens. I have said it before ---- we need to close down these guys from broadcasting their message. It's stupid to arrest someone for going to a website but we need to close the website to begin with.

Heck, I keep saying we need to shut down the broadcasting of terror in total. Do not advertise for these mutants. Don't censor the news but don't promote the carnage either. Draw some lines, it's a war.

On Sharia Law and Newt's concept that it's anti-Western civilization so therefore deport ---- he might have an idea there. I can not find any "moderate" Sharia Law places. Still looking. Here's what I do find: http://toprightnews.com/heres-what-moderate-american-muslims-said-when-asked-about-sharia-law/

We are winning the land war in Syria and Iraq and now the front line has shifted to Europe and individual players of inspired evil. Kill the inspirational messages. EU needs to up their intelligence gathering and sharing and root these vermin out. With our borders we have an advantage but it's in our best interest to help the EU destroy the message, gather info on the evil, and police actions to close them out in Europe before they learn how to better get over here.

It's time for Congress to declare War.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Jul '16

Do you all really think this would still be happening if ANY leader had a simple solution? Easy for you to blame the White House - what about all the other leaders of countries that have suffered these attacks...........Or if you think it's so simple, make suggestions that are feasible ...............geesh...............it's horrible but surely not so simple

4catmom 4catmom
Jul '16

4catmom - geesh....Is any entity willing to declare war on ISIS? The UN, NATO, the congress or the White House? Declaring war on ISIS, using legitimate and justified overwhelming force to wipe them out is a no-brainer. It is that simple.

DannyC DannyC
Jul '16

Isn't that what G. Bush did to Bin Laden?

Just saying.

Jul '16

Good points 4catmom.

I believe that Europe prefers the US to be in the forefront. Then we get the brunt of the revenge attacks. It's mostly their backyard. They need to take the lead. I expect major retaliation on the part of France, though, once they look through computer and cell records and have a firm middle east tie.

These attacks are heartbreaking.

maja2 maja2
Jul '16

Time for NEW leadership!

Obama has got his head in the sand and Hillary - well do you really trust her to make ANY good judgments on ANYTHING??!?!

Vote Trump, people and continue waking up to what the Dems don't want anybody to see. Islamic Extremists have already declared War on us and all the rest of us infidels. Nothing will change until ISIS gets slaughtered in a mighty way.

LVRes LVRes
Jul '16

France wanted to enact Article 5 under NATO (attact on one country is attack on all) after the last Terrorist attact but Obama would not support it.

kb2755 kb2755
Jul '16

"Vote Trump, people and continue waking up to what the Dems don't want anybody to see. "

Pray tell, how is it that Donald Trump would stop a suicidal terrorist from using a truck to mow down innocent people in France? Or here at home, for that matter?

eperot eperot
Jul '16

Well, not that I think Trump has "the answer", because no one does, but securing the border and putting a moratorium on muslim immigration would be a good start. IF he can get those things accomplished with his own party as well as the other one working against him.

Just imagine if France had seriously controlled it's immigration for the last 20 years. Only a matter of time before Germany starts exploding, most likely.

Jul '16

Re: Another attack in France

Exactly Mark Mc!! Mohamed a "French national" was a Muslim terrorist born in the middle east period. Now your enemy or your doomed.

Denis Denis
Jul '16

At least is was not Mexican drug cartel assault weapons given to them by our president that were used in the last France massacre

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2016/06/law-enforcement-sources-gun-used-paris-terrorist-attacks-came-phoenix/

Trump will prevent $150 BILLION from going to Iran through the terrible Iran Deal. He also has said he would consider halting US purchases of Saudi oil until they send troops to fight ISIS.

Trump will make it clear that radical Islam and violent terrorism aren't options by actually talking about the issues, calling evil by its name, and being extremely hard on terrorism.

And what will Hillary do? Ignore the real problem, cover up for Islam and it's failings as much as she possibly can.

http://regated.com/2016/06/hillarys-rhetoric-inspires-islamic-terrorism/

"Islam is not a race...Islam is simply a set of beliefs, and it is not Islamophobic to say Islam is incompatible with liberal democracy" - Ayaan Hirsi Ali

skippy skippy
Jul '16

"At least is was not Mexican drug cartel assault weapons given to them by our president that were used in the last France massacre" And as the story says, " An ATF spokesman, Corey Ray, at the agency’s Washington D.C. headquarters told Judicial Watch that “no firearms used in the Paris attacks have been traced” by the agency" much less make the leap of faith from the gun they claim came from a Phoenix owner was somehow tied to Fast and Furious. Your own article weaseled on itself. Did you actually read it?

"Trump will prevent $150 BILLION from going to Iran through the terrible Iran Deal. He also has said he would consider halting US purchases of Saudi oil until they send troops to fight ISIS." Uh..... Guess you bought that bridge. The horse had left the barn well before Trump uttered this stupidity and it was nowhere near $150B. He lied, go figure.

"Trump will make it clear that radical Islam and violent terrorism aren't options by actually talking about the issues, calling evil by its name, and being extremely hard on terrorism." OK ---- mission completed!!!

Jul '16

“no firearms used in the Paris attacks have been traced”"

Who does the trace? The ATF? The same agency that operated Fast and Furious...

Fox guarding the hen house, maybe?

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jul '16

Yeah Mark, the ATF traces guns for the EU and France. Geez.....

I had posted the real trace info above earlier.

Skippy and you just missed it and went for this tin foil hat version instead. But I guess its easy to believe atf to Mexican cartel to phoenix owner to france to isis terrorist. At least for some. Gotta love those background check loopholes. But hey, that's not your fault cuz criminals always get guns so who needs background checks. Makes sense.....at least for some.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Jul '16

Speaking of Iran, there is general agreement that they have honored their end of the nuclear deal so far, but are complaining that the financial benefits to them have fallen well short of what was promised.

Iran has been doing ballistic missile testing the last few months. Not a good sign in my opinion.

kb2755 kb2755
Jul '16

Uh, SD, perhaps you missed this part:

"The Phoenix gun owner that the weapon was traced back to was found to have at least two federal firearms violations—for selling one weapon illegally and possessing an unregistered automatic—but no enforcement or prosecutorial action was taken against the individual. Instead, ATF leaders went out of their way to keep the information under the radar and ensure that the gun owner’s identity was “kept quiet,” according to law enforcement sources involved with the case."

They DID trace it back to someone in Phoenix, then they realized "oh s**t, sweep this under the rug!" Got a little too close to home, methinks...

"Gotta love those background check loopholes."

What loophole? If he sold it *illegally* that's not a loophole. If he complied with existing *private* sales requirements, that's not a loophole.

A "loophole" is taking advantage of an error or ambiguity in the law, like when dumb legislators codify ".22 gauge" instead of ".22 caliber" when they try to ban private sales and you are still able to technically comply with the written law but not the intent.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/07/dean-weingarten/tucson-resolution-no-private-gun-sales-of-firearms-that-can-hold-ten-rounds-or-more/

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jul '16

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-30/why-did-gun-used-paris-terrorist-attacks-come-fast-and-furious

Tin foil hat version ? Keep your bilinders on - Eric Holder with the complicit authorization of this administration released thousands of guns illegally in Arizona - where the guns in the 2015 Paris attack came from. Is that not enough? That happened - that's not a conspiracy theory - and the fact that you continue to want to justify the behavior of these people is absolutely ponderous to me.

Once the guns were traced back through the manufacturer yes the ATF would have been responsible to run the trace - mutual aid agreements, Interpol and all that good stuff.

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/737087

Last time one of the guns used was on paper it was in possession of one of the dealers involved in fast and furious gun walking program

skippy skippy
Jul '16

OK, the fact that a multitude of right-wing sources picked up a single uncollaborated Judicial Watch story does not lend more credibility to the story.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2016/06/law-enforcement-sources-gun-used-paris-terrorist-attacks-came-phoenix/

If the story is to be believed, the gun came from a Phoenix owner who sold it illegally. It was tracked using a 4473. The story then says it's unclear whether it's a Fast and Furious gun but notes there's a lot of those out there.

Of course here's the linkage to a Paris gun from a FL dealer with close NRA ties and part of the Reagan's Iran-Contra smuggling operation pushing thousands of guns illegally into, not Mexico, but the Middle East and including rockets and grenades. WIKIleak shows the company making a ton of money off illegal sales in 2011.

They are known for importing Serbian-made guns. Seven of the Paris weapons came from Serbia.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/gun-paris-terror-attack-linked-florida-dealer-article-1.2462573

This story was confirmed by the gun's manufacturer: https://www.rt.com/usa/325689-gun-paris-attack-iran-contra/

With either of these stories, I think one has to ask: why only one gun? Perhaps the stories are true, perhaps not, but the lack of other guns makes one ask: why one? Wouldn't you expect a ship-full or a container load to have been distributed?

A more likely version, and the one noted in my original post on this is: http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/following-the-path-of-the-paris-terror-weapons-a-1083461.html

Sure, terrorists could come to the U.S. and convince unscrupulous sellers to sell guns to Muslims. Somehow that does not sound like a sustainable business plan. Or they could just get them from in-country deactivated guns or black market operations next door.

Your story could be true, or it could be Reagan's fault.... Judicial Watch is The Daily News of right-wing organizations supporting all sorts of unconfirmed allegations and uncollaborated stories. Sure, they could be right as is The Daily News upon occasion uncovering something no one else has. But often, much to often, they are dead wrong. Historically speaking. Here's my view: http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/10/02/meet-judicial-watch-a-driving-force-behind-the/205941

Like I said, even a blind squirrel finds an occasional acorn and that's the case with Judicial Watch. In swinging for the fences, once in a while they get a hit amongst all the whiffs. And, if you read their stuff, they are pretty careful with the caveats and weasel-wording making innuendo look like fact ---- like the Fast and Furious non-tie-in tie-in. It's what happens next that conflates their lack of facts into tin-foil conspiracy. That's where the right-wing bloggers and you come in........

Jul '16

"WIKIleak shows the company making a ton of money off illegal sales in 2011."

So an un *corroborated* story from Judicial Watch is bunk, but one from WikiLeaks is OK? If there is proof that Century Arms broke the law then prosecute them, as well.

Has that been done?

"Wouldn't you expect a ship-full or a container load to have been distributed?

Who knows what has happened to all of these thousands of firearms after they made their way into/through Mexico.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jul '16

Well we know at most, only one has been found in France and it clearly was not proven to be Fast n Furious.

As to the WL story, I said as much.... But there is more credibility to that then the Judicial Watch gun from Phoenix story and the only tie to Fast in Furious is under some tin foils hats ----- at least according to Judicial Watch.

You might believe it too.

Jul '16

This latest attack in Nice shows the threat posed by lone wolves within the Muslim community - whether recent immigrants or long time residents. One keeps hearing they are radicalized via social media. We need to lean on Silicon Valley companies to re-design their products to stop this. I feel these are now the new WMDs. Also what's the point in going after Iran now when it's the Saudis whose money and imams spread this violent version of Islam? 15 years after 9/11 it's time we recognized the real enemy.

DanTheMan DanTheMan
Jul '16

Still any administration being reagans (who brought us the Brady Bill) or Clintons who illegally transfers firearms should be held accountable.

skippy skippy
Jul '16

The use of "tin foils hats", just like the usage of "conspiracy theory", merely implies that one knows all there is to know and thus has complete knowledge of the facts. How often is that true? Never. Unless you're the one having experienced the event being discussed, you can never be certain that what you "know" is true, never mind the whole truth. So anyone who falls back to those or similar phrases isn't being truthful with themselves, or worse just says them to justify their own world view (more likely IMO).

IMO there's almost always truths/partial truths in the alternative theories. It's the conclusions that stem from those facts where things go awry.

justintime justintime
Jul '16

Unreal....a gun in this situation basically did nothing, it was proven to be less effective and a truck was the tool of choice, yet the anti gun crowd still talks about guns....still avoiding the real problem hu?

Darrin Darrin
Jul '16

Ban trucks

skippy skippy
Jul '16

Once again JIT you pontificate ad nausea without seeming to even read the article. It's a nice journey down alternative reality way with some fine truths about the perils of labelling. I shouldn't have done it but sometimes the gullibility just cries out for a name. I just can't believe you feel for the Fast and Furious far stretch of the imagination on this one. Partial truth my sweet patooties.

Your tome on the value of alternate theories because "IMO there's almost always truths/partial truths in the alternative theories" is blatantly wrong at face value. IMHO, your opinion is actually wrong on this one. There is often no truth to alternate theories and not almost always even partial truths in alternate theories. What makes an alternate theory. Actually anything you want. There are absolutely no guidelines, rules, checkpoints or restrictions. Anything can be an alternate theory. So your statement can not be true even when you weasel-word it with the "almost always" sometimes maybe possibility no-fault caveat.

In this case:

The article states the gun came from an owner in Phoenix ----- and they can't even prove that. That's the alternate theory which has not be proven and, at minimum is the starting point for further conjecture. Then the article states that Fast and Furious Sales took Place in Phoenix. Beyond the location there is no tangible evidence of any connection of these two facts whatsoever. From my reading there's a lot of guns in Phoenix that are not part of Fast and Furious; there are even guns in Phoenix that didn't come from Phoenix.

The ATF denies it and has not seen any data relative to the gun in question.

Now not to be serious but IF you can track the gun to an owner in Phoenix then you can use the same tracking to trace it back to a Fast and Furious sale. Otherwise we would never have tracked ANY guns to Fast and Furious. If they have the gun, then the possibility to track it exists.

But that doesn't stop you when you wear the tin-foil hat.

Then the next poster sourced the story "Why Was A Gun Used in The Paris Terrorist Attacks Linked To "Fast And Furious"" That's where the tin-foil hat really comes in. It double-down theory extension time without any new facts. This story, and all the stories, stem from the same source. The original source NEVER SAID the gun was linked.

Then a link is added to the story "Judicial Watch: 'Fast and Furious' Gun Used in Paris Attack" and a non-fact, not even an allegation of fact, becomes an alternative theory that JIT believes almost always has some truth to it. My take: only if you have a tin-foil hat on.

Of course my stories quoting EU police, gun manufacturers, shady dealers, and other stories are completely discounted because I have blinders on...... Like the gun could have come from land-lock Phoenix but a shady gun dealer who has trafficked overseas before and is collaborated by the manufacturer of the actual gun used is less credible.

Actually they both are probable bogus, at least according to the French, in light of the ease of access to these guns without having to face the difficulties of an overseas transaction.

But hey, your version will lead us to Obama sooner or latter so I guess you just have to go with it. There's an alternate theory about racism on that one though......:>)

Jul '16

7/18
Ban Axes
Germany train axe attack: 18 injured after teenage refugee shouted 'Allahu Akbar' and hacked passengers.

A 17-year-old Afghan refugee believed to be behind the attack was shot dead by police as he reportedly charged at them following the incident at Würzburg-Heidingsfeld station.

Denis Denis
Jul '16

So let's see....

We need to ban:

Guns (of course)
Airplanes
Box cutters
Trucks
Axes
Pressure Cookers
...anything else? (if you want to act pre-emptively, and take into account weapons used in the middle east for jihad as well, then let's add.....)

Acid
Machetes
Drills
IEDs
crosses (they crucify Christians- alive- on crosses, just like Jesus)

Jul '16

Ban axes

skippy skippy
Jul '16

Priest forced to kneel, butchered at altar by ISIS terrorists.

https://behindthenewsisrael.wordpress.com/2016/07/26/france-priest-forced-to-kneel-butchered-at-altar-by-isis-terrorists/

Denis Denis
Jul '16

The j.v. team strikes again. Maybe we should check with John Kerry to see if running your a.c. is as bad as ISIS. Fools are running this country.

Ollie Ollie
Jul '16

Religion of peace

skippy skippy
Jul '16

Not one leader in Europe ( or US) that will put a stop to this. This outcome was as obvious as can be but Merkel and her pals opened the gates and welcomed this scum in with open arms. Scarily, Obama and Hillary do the same.

I like that Putin would bring his giant dog to meetings with her knowing she feared them

skippy skippy
Jul '16

She should be shut in a room with those dogs doused in gravy perfume. So she can get a sense of fear she's sent through the western world. Not to be killed, just terrified.

The French put electronic tags on terror watch listees. Didn't help. We let them buy guns. Gotta have a huge stockpile by now.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Jul '16

She is a traitor to Germany, and Europe and will be remembered in history that way.

Denis Denis
Jul '16

France did have a electronic monitor on this fiend but to they allowed him to remove it daily for the morning hours to be cognizant of his feelings... Guess when he struck.

France is a disaster of liberalism, sacrificing their people almost daily now in the name of being fair and political correct. A good view into hillarys America to be

Is Hillary French? Are you accusing her of being fair and politically correct? I thought she was a war monger?

The French defense system is indeed a mess. They put lots on the list and then can not find them or track them even when they are high priority like this guy.

Jul '16

I am a strong believer in our freedoms and the liberties we enjoy. That being said, this organization must be destroyed, at least in our country and all other free countries. I see no other way than to deport those suspected of being involved or exhibiting support for terrorists and closing our borders to all believers in this religion. It goes against what we would normally do, but this is not a normal religion and some of its believers have twisted Islams teachings. The muslim communities seem unwilling or unable to control the extreme believers among themselves and that leaves only one way to protect ourselves. I would rather deport a thousand innocent islamists than have one American injured or killed by these animals. When muslims in our country make a serious effort to out the terrorists amongst themselves and show that they want to be americans, then we can look at the issue differently. But until them, deport and block immigrants from countries we know are hostile.

boobalaa boobalaa
Jul '16

I agree with you completely, boobalaa. Your ideas are sensible but there seem to be no sensible people in power worldwide. Unfortunately, very few sensible people left anywhere.

"The muslim communities seem unwilling or unable to control the extreme believers"

I try to avoid these threads these days because they're filled with nothing but racist stupidity but...

When Christians can control pedophile priests from buttfuc*ing alter boys...
When accountants can control other accountants from stealing money...
When people can stop drunk drivers from killing 10K people each year...
When faithful adults can control their unfaithful spouses...

You expect good muslims to control the actions of someone they have no control over and yet you can control your own. Yeah, doesn't sound racist at all.

emaxxman emaxxman
Jul '16

One... of my most recent rants is: where are all the Muslim hero's???

I mean there are 34 Muslim nations fighting ISIS; where are the heros? They want to send ground troops in but where are the heros?

The Arab Nations have a proud heritage, one time rulers of the world. So why are they hiding their hero's today. Hey, Muslims invented coffee --- need we say more.... OK, we will, universities (greeks copped this one), the toothbrush, surgery, caesareans (roman's stole that obviously), algebra (yeah, you're thinking Greek again), and much, much more. Hey, I saw the movie Robin Hood, that guy was really cool. And you just gotta love those swords.

Seriously though; if you want to take the fight to ISIS and you want us to join you as partners in a spirit of complete trust ------ you just have to get up on your hind legs and yell out --- We are Arab, We are Muslim and here are our hero's. We are bold, we are brave and we are kicking your ISIS-a$$.

In Paris, a second attack was thwarted by a Muslim. But do we hear about that hero? Wow, it was a woman to boot, not that there's anything wrong with that :>) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3533826/Muslim-woman-prevented-second-terror-attack-Paris-tipping-police-whereabouts-ISIS-mastermind.html#ixzz45ZQL7YLh

Might be some hero's here: http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/24/middleeast/isis-offensive-raqqa/

Or here: http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/26/middleeast/falluja-liberated-isis/

I mean Arabs and Muslims are risking their lives to help defeat ISIS. They are smashing Daesh. Let's celebrate their bravery and their victories. Quit hiding. What are you afraid of? ISIS will kill you whether you speak out or whether you remain silent, silence does not protect you.

According to officials, a number of U.S. plots have been stopped by Muslim informers but we won't tell you about the heros. It's a ssssssh secret. I realize the tactical advantage of keeping that secret but the strategic advantage to highlight these hero's might be even more beneficial. It's time to tell some stories about our U.S. Muslim hero's.

Rumor has it we have some Muslims in our Armed Forces. I bet there's hero's there. I bet I am right. So where's the media. Show us our hero's. It's an untold story, there's got to be a byline in that somehow.

I call on all Muslims WORLDWIDE ------ Show us your hero's. Speak out, Be proud, Show us how you defend your homeland, your religion, and how you take the fight to these heathens unleashing unspeakable horrors against innocents in the name of your religion.

I call on the media ---- show us the US Muslim hero's. You know they're stopping terror attacks, that's got to be a page one story. You know they're helping to win the war, what a great human interest story.

It's time to brag and shove that communique right down these sub-human's throats. That's right, our Muslim brothers are kicking your keisters.

Jul '16

Just a note...clearly, many altar boys have been prevented from being sodomized because of the Catholics who DID speak up and fought to bring the pedophile priests to justice.

Mothers Against Drunk Driving have been campaigning for years and through public awareness have helped to reduce drunk driving incidents.

Obviously, those within a community are most likely to know first who the agitators, criminals, etc. are and, yes, PREVENT atrocities from occurring! That's the whole point. It's not the entire solution but it is part of the answer.

And, sigh, it's not "racism". Muslims are not a race, nor is it islamaphobia because it is not a fear of something unwarranted.

"nor is it islamaphobia because it is not a fear of something unwarranted."

So you're not prejudiced, you're Right?

Ascribing one thing to a group when only one individual does it, is stereotyping. It's a kind of prejudice. emaxxman is right.

And sigh, yes, let's argue semantics rather than confront the reality that you're a bigot trying to justify prejudice and bigotry....sigh sigh sigh.

Muslim leaders have spoken out against the terrorists every single time there's been an attack. Muslims have fought alongside non-Muslim troops as well as died with them while fighting terrorists. But yes sigh sigh sigh, let's ignore those facts so you can still smile in your bigoted pure world. Siiiighhhh.

emaxxman emaxxman
Jul '16

The one thing in common with all these almost daily terrorists activities is they are being perpetrated by Muslims. Yes there are good Muslims, but Genocide is taking place on a global scale in the name of Islam, by Muslims. As far as pedophilia goes, that is actually a culturally appropriate and sanctioned practice in many Muslims communities.

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/brinkley/article/Afghanistan-s-dirty-little-secret-3176762.php

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2015/01/04/saudi-arabias-top-religious-leader-okays-pedophilia/

Denis Denis
Jul '16

And your little rant about accountants, cheating spouses , sigh...which was completely nonsensical...

As for racism, racist, etc. those words get thrown so frequently and out of context, it's like being called a poop by a toddler who needs a time out.

"Yes there are good Muslims, but Genocide is taking place on a global scale in the name of Islam, by Muslims..."

You forgot to add, "against other Muslims and being resisted by other good Muslims."

I don't dispute that there are some horrible atrocities being committed by self-professed Muslims. No one does...but there are people trying fight and stop these atrocities. The stupidity of the comments being made is that people are treating Muslims like a single like-minded group. Why is it so f'n hard to understand that it's wrong?

Hate crimes against Muslims have seen an all time high in the U.S. Hell, even sikhs are being targeted here in the U.S. because they look the same according these bigoted yokels. Should we hold all non-participants responsible for those attacks? Perhaps we should since that seems to be the accepted behavior.

Regarding the pedophilia, apparently those Muslim communities aren't the only ones with dirty secrets:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/05/07/for-the-first-time-the-vatican-unveils-how-it-punished-thousands-of-pedophile-priests/

I think we should castrate all Catholics. How could they not have known about this atrocious behavior by people in their own community? How could they have not spoken up about it? They obviously knew about it and condoned it.

See how stupid that sounds?

emaxxman emaxxman
Jul '16

emaxxman First off a cultural norm is not a dirty little secret. Secondly the fact you have to use the term "self-professed Muslims" when it comes to terrorists, but you use the term Muslim when it comes to victims just shows what hypocritical windbag you are.

Denis Denis
Jul '16

Beheading a priest in his own church in France...and no one talks about it?

DannyC DannyC
Jul '16

Emaxx, you're pissing into the wind here. Bigotry, I think, is hard wired into the emotional part of our brains and comes to the forefront when easy solutions are hard to come by.

People who are angered and oppressed will always lash out. That being the case, sadly our future will be filled with even more violence because broad-based bigoted "solutions" intentionally anger and oppress.

Target criminals, not innocents.

justintime justintime
Jul '16

As I said, I believe we need to embrace our Muslim brethren in the fight against these inhuman's and highlight their heroic actions. It's time to come together over those who would destroy us by dividing us. We need to celebrate our Arab and Muslim hero's against ISIS.

Arabs and Muslims should be dying to tell us about their hero's against ISIS. They certainly are dying by not telling us.

Our Press should be searching for American Arab and Muslim hero's against ISIS either in domestic terrorism activities or our brave Arab and Muslim servicemen and women. We know you're out there, it's time to join us in public and tell the world --- you're coming for ISIS and here's what you did.

I know. Too much convention.... Bear in mind this kumbaya moment does not diminish my desire to wipe ISIS off the planet and deliver these people as soon as possible to their God they so desperately want to meet. It's just that I know Arabs and Muslims are joining the fight ---- so let's talk about it.

Jul '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.