Pokemon Go

Not me but the kids are hooked, and so are apparently many others. Interesting game, but all I see is the potential for danger.

Anyone here playing?

justintime justintime
Jul '16

Lies nerd - I've been playing

skippy skippy
Jul '16

Yes, definite potential for danger; either by someone playing while driving or someone walking and not looking where their going.

That being said, my son, his girlfriend, other friends, my fiance and I are all playing it :). I think the whole concept was a great idea. While you can capture Pokemon as a passenger in a car, which we did a little of, it gets people outside walking and talking. I can't tell you how many people we saw walking around looking for Pokemon. :)

All the cops by me play and use it as a tool tool to interact with the public

skippy skippy
Jul '16

The cops stopped by my son and his friends today and had a friendly conversation about the game.

One person found a dead body, 15 year shot and killed, and people have been robbed.

Also, heard some on the news saying it's helping them with their PTSD bc it's getting them up out of the house and socializing.

So just like anything else there are pros and cons

Nosila Nosila
Jul '16

We are playing! I don't understand it as well as my BF, but it's a fun pastime.

weebiekins weebiekins
Jul '16

I've heard Man Skirt has managed to capture Zubat. ;-)

More dumbing down of society. Sigh....

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

The human species is doomed. First, social media. Now grown adults walking around trying to find Pokemon. Great.

NoHopeForHumanity NoHopeForHumanity
Jul '16

No fun allowed. How dare people play a game. Of course, grown men watching other men chasing a ball down a field on t.v. and screaming at their sets is perfectly fine.

ChristIsRisen ChristIsRisen
Jul '16

Perfect example.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

Calico- if by dumbing down society you mean that people are finally out of their house, walking around getting exercise, and being friendly to each other then yes dear God society is doomed. I have had more positive interactions in the past three days with strangers and have walked over 10 miles while having fun. So, why don't you try it instead of knocking it. Maybe you'll have fun too and be a bit less pessimistic.

Pokemon fan Pokemon fan
Jul '16

We're playing, surprised at the number and ages of people we talked to while walking in town.

Bessie Bessie
Jul '16

The game is really fun. It is getting people outside to exercise and socialize. I don't see a problem with it.

Historicdad Historicdad
Jul '16

@calico you are just jealous you ran out of pokeballs

Manshapedbox Manshapedbox
Jul '16

Haven't found any, I live in the subdivision across from M&M mars and I have zero Pokemons. Wife things it's stupid, but +10000 ChristIsRisen.
There's no difference in grown people walking around town looking for virtual creatures and grown people spending thousands of dollars a year on watching other grown men run around with a leather ball on an AstroTurf field touching eachother. And I say this as a strong Giants fan. Just sayin'

1988LJ 1988LJ
Jul '16

Go Team valor!! Calico is yellow team...

Manshapedbox Manshapedbox
Jul '16

People will die playing this game. People texting while driving is bad enough. Now they are going to be chasing imaginary pokemon behind the wheel. If someone doing that hits me in my car while driving, l cannot promise they will still be walking when l'm through with them.

Eperot Eperot
Jul '16

Feeling left out. I have absolutely no idea what this thread is about!! Off now to do some research!! It apparently has the attention of many. Or perhaps I should just ask my kids about it when I get home from work later this morning?? LOL

Lol! Vic ...I am with you...I am clueless! I was never really into any of games that people get hooked on, but usually I hear about them. This is the first I'm seeing anything about this one.
By the sound of it though, I may have to go with Calico on this one....

I only heard about this nonsense a couple days ago. Now I'm hearing about it everywhere. I roll with a dumb phone because I don't need to be on the internet and fooling around with apps 24/7 so I won't be playing.

Eperot - My friend told me the other day that people are running out into traffic after these Pokemon things. SMH

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

I just looked it up. You go out around your town and when your phone vibrates you try to catch one? That's it? I'm not missing much then lol:)
I do agree that it's going to be just another distraction for people and we certainly don't need that!

Glad to see you people need a game designed for 8 year olds in order to get out and socialize and get exercise. Agreed society is doomed.

LJRubi LJRubi
Jul '16

"Glad to see you people need a game designed for 8 year olds in order to get out and socialize and get exercise. Agreed society is doomed."

OMG! I just spit water everywhere. Hahahaha!

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

Calico, Don't be so judgmental. Aren't you the one that always posts to let us all know when it's National Dounut Day, or National Mustard Day, or National Hard-boiled Egg Day?

Gadfly Gadfly
Jul '16

POKEMON GO FOR LIFE!

hahahhaha hahahhaha
Jul '16

Haha. Good one!

Philliesman Philliesman
Jul '16

Calico go play with your kitty and stop giving your opinion on ever thread here

Sween93 Sween93
Jul '16

Gadfly - AFAIK, National Pretzel Day doesn't endanger anyone's life. People fooling around with these smart phones does. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people swerving all over the place in traffic because they are on their phones.

Sween - Ever thread? Do you mean every thread? That's hardly the case.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

Let's all get wasted instead. That is a MUCH more productive use of time ;)

While it's good that young people get outside, I do think people need to use common sense about it. Driving whilst doing ANYTHING on your phone is dangerous, not only for yourself but for others.

Getting kids and adults outside and active (even if it's in search for digital Pokémon) is a good thing. There are plenty of apps and electronics (fitbit) that try to encourage you to do just that, the incentive is now in a game. As I said, people just need to use common sense about it.

Business are starting to cash in on this too, there is an article in the post that a local pizza store paid for his store location to be a hotspot for Pokémon. Can't knock the hustle....

Tfulp Tfulp
Jul '16

Apparently Greene's Beans on High Street is a spot.

trekster3- trekster3-
Jul '16

I guess I'm just part of the doomed society. Tsk, tsk

Bessie Bessie
Jul '16

Thanks calico cat lover for correcting me . Isnt today some kinda of national hot dog eating day or sausage FESTival that can interest you ?! Or maybe a meeting with the lonely cat lovers that can keep you busy and off here?!

Sween93 Sween93
Jul '16

Interesting concept. If people truly are driving around to catch Pokemon, a higher gas tax should make NJ rich, woohoo!! Personally, I try to conserve when it comes to gasoline. But walking and socializing beats couch potato video games.

maja2 maja2
Jul '16

My boyfriend, 48 yrs old, fell flat on his face walking around playing this game the other night. I had to laugh at him because before he left I told him to watch were he is walking. Scuffed up hand, knee and swollen toe..lol.

Aaeadena Aaeadena
Jul '16

Wonder how businesses get to be a spot

skippy skippy
Jul '16

Re: Pokemon Go

These Pokemon are getting outta control. Look who visited me during lunch today!

ScottB ScottB
Jul '16

Tried shooing him away, but he's a stubborn little fella - perched himself right on top of my ice tea!

ScottB ScottB
Jul '16

Is that pidgeoto?

hktownie hktownie
Jul '16

Aaeadena, I hope he got the critter!

Bessie Bessie
Jul '16

Has anyone found a gym in hackettstown?

Tears rolling down my face laughing so hard. I may just have to check this game out!!!

Dallas Dallas
Jul '16

Let's see . . More excuses to get the dogs some extra exercise, additional bonding with my son while he's home from college, having fun doing something that is a new concept, giving myself additional exercise - I can see how this just accelerates the destruction of society.

Just because playing games is not what some of you like to do for enjoyment, it doesn't make it bad. Some of the stuff y'all may do is just as senseless in other's eyes. Some people enjoy watching sports, or watching a car race. Both of those things bring enjoyment and socializing, but are no less "dumbing down" than playing a game with others.

You don't "need a game", as someone said, "in order to get out and socialize and get exercise", just like you don't "need" to watch sports or go out to bars/restaurants in order to socialize and get exercise. One thing is not superior to the other. It always amazes me how easy it is for some to judge others simply because it's something they personally don't care for.

Rich, I couldn't have expressed it better myself.

Bessie Bessie
Jul '16

I love it. It actually got my 16 1/2 year old to ride a bike again. She was out for a few hours last night peddling around town with friends hunting pokemon. She said she had a blast.
I only wish I created this game. What an awesome idea.
Best wishes to all on your Pokémon hunts :)

Jacqui Jacqui
Jul '16

how does this work? what are the rules? do you sign up somewhere? do you go out and buy little dolls with strange names and hide them like easter eggs?

how much does it cost? how many players do you need to start a game? how do you know when the game is over? and who wins?

do you have to have a cell phone with a roaming data plan?

when does football start?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '16

Great comment Rich.

Hopeful Hopeful
Jul '16

Well, a way you can make Pokemon Go and walking worthwhile is to download Walk For a Dog which allows you to pick an animal rescue/shelter to walk for and calculates your distance along with anyone else walking for a specific shelter. In the end, the donations get divided out based on cohesive miles walked.

Just a thought to add to anyone already playing, has a kid who is playing and wants to add a philanthropic layer to this all.

helpthekitty helpthekitty
Jul '16

JeffersonRepub, I don't see a post from you anywhere on this thread, so I don't think anyone was referring to you.

Helpthekitty - sounds like a great idea.

its fun as long as youre not a dumbass! enjoy!

icicle icicle
Jul '16

Sam the gym is at Bea McNally's

weebiekins weebiekins
Jul '16

The game reminds me of scavenger hunts that were popular when I was a kid. I remember one being a driving "course" with a staggered start for the players. Using the instructions to guide you through the hunt, whoever finished the course in the shortest amount of time and with the highest score would win a prize.

Thinking about it now, it was probably just as distracting for the driver as this game could be.

So enjoy the game but be careful!

justintime justintime
Jul '16

The game is designed to not work while you are driving. It takes into consideration your speed as well as your location. It will not work while you are driving because you are going too fast. So, all of you should just relax and let people have fun.

Puploves Puploves
Jul '16

I agree with justi, enjoy the game and be careful. I saw this and couldn't help myself.

auntiel auntiel
Jul '16

i honestly dont understand how this game is played?

do you have to use a cell phone?

does it cost money to play?

are there little pokemon dolls placed in hiding that people have to find?

i.dont.get.this.at.all

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '16

do you have to use a cell phone? - yes a smart phone i.e. iphone / android

does it cost money to play? - no, download for free from the phone's app store

are there little pokemon dolls placed in hiding that people have to find? - No. Simply put the app generates virtual things at specific physical GPS coordinates. In order to do things in the game you move to a physical location in the real world. it works with your phone's camera and gps location services and operates over your data connection.

i.dont.get.this.at.all - don't over think it. go download it and catch them all!

see you at the gym :)

ScottB ScottB
Jul '16

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/12/pokemon-go-14-tips-to-get-you-started-on-your-creature-collecting-adventure

thanks scott

i dont use apps on my phone ; its strictly for business, txts and emails; ihate it anyways (cell phones i mean)

i also have no idea what a pokemon is, although i have heard the word before, isnt this the doll collecting craze about 20 years ago?

anything that gets folks moving is ok in my book,

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '16

Glad to see you people need a game designed for 8 year olds in order to get out and socialize and get exercise. Agreed society is doomed.

Right. And I'll bet you get together with the "guys" and watch sports or go to a bar and down a bunch of beers with them. Because you can't think of any intelligent way to socialize yourself. roflmao. (And I've never played this game...I just love calling out hypocrites.)

Jul '16

Puploves, being that my kids play in the car when we're driving around town there's got to be a lower speed setting then. Makes perfect sense if you're going pretty fast though.

justintime justintime
Jul '16

There is a pikachu spotted at corner of East Baldwin and main street in case anyone interested...

Forcefed4door Forcefed4door
Jul '16

Haven't tried it, but I've heard about it everywhere. I'll stick to my metal detector looking for old coins. Unfortunately I can't update my post because it only lets me post once unless someone else responds. Silly forum software. Uggh.

If anyone needs an excuse to get out and walk around in the sunshine- I have a spare detector and am more than happy to show you how to use it.

-Josh

VR and AR is going to be implemented into ours lives more than you think in the future. It's going to been seen closer than you think. Why is it a bad thing that people are going out and socializing? If you are concerned about the dangers of not being aware of your surroundings, maybe it's a good time to talk to that person. Might actually be a good lesson to be taught. Let people and kids get exercise and have fun. Now I in no way condone this to be done driving. Besides that's cheating the game. On a side note christhasrisin. Who cares in what way people get out and socialize let it be sports, a game, a club, or a religion?

Well then Well then
Jul '16

Here's everything you'd want to know about this game, if you're interested. From The Washington Post:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/07/12/what-is-really-behind-the-pokemon-go-craze/

I have no problem with the game. It's harmless fun as long people are paying attention to where they are going. I love trying to guess if someone is playing the game or texting. Most of the time it's pretty obvious, though.

While my kids are wandering around playing Pokemon Go I think I'll play Chardonnay Go.

https://www.facebook.com/denablizzard/videos/924079277703563/?__mref=message_bubble

It's a public video so even you don't have a Facebook account you still be able to watch it.

jrsemom jrsemom
Jul '16

Make sure you have the latest version of the software to avoid the google mail security risk:
http://kotaku.com/pokemon-go-update-fixes-crashes-google-security-concer-1783531237

emaxxman emaxxman
Jul '16

I am not 8 and this game is fun. Thanks for the tip on the pikachu! Hope he's still there.

I think the more older adults keep up with tech trends the better. We may not use social media as much or as often, but why not educate yourself about what's available?
Negative comments can be a result of fear of the unknown.

hktownie hktownie
Jul '16

Time to break out the Pokemon toys. I feel a movie coming up. Thinking plastic gold? From the 90's?

sparksjbc1964 sparksjbc1964
Jul '16

Great game if your 10 years old...otherwise ridiculous!

Browning
Jul '16

Pokemon Go for adults has been around for years. And the real thing is far superior.

https://www.geocaching.com/play

ianimal ianimal
Jul '16

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/stupid/pokemon-go-car-crash-362895#.V4ecMvM3yho.mailto

LJRubi LJRubi
Jul '16

"The game is designed to not work while you are driving"

Really?

And the news begins......

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pokemon-players-car-accidents-u-s-article-1.2710266

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

Yeah, but around 15 Americans are crushed to death under vending machines each year because their Snickers got stuck and they rocked the machine. Maybe it's not a problem with the game itself, but with the people who do stupid things.

I think the benefits of the game vastly outweigh the risks, so long as you're mildly situationally aware. I've walked more in the past week than I had in the two months beforehand, I reconnected with some old friends I'd lost touch with, and I caught a GODLIKE Dratini by Trinity Church. NerdFitness has been preaching for years that making a normally burdensome task into a game is one of the best ways to form a habit, and this game is glorious shining proof of how powerful that process can be. Properly used, with your wits about you, this game can be an immense force for good.

Caretaker Caretaker
Jul '16

Local businesses seem to agree:

http://www.dailyrecord.com/story/news/local/morris-county/2016/07/12/local-businesses-capitalizing-pokmon-go/86998404/

Agreed, Caretaker, but I already see the people with dollar signs in their eyes. For example, the mother of the girl in the above article blaming the game because her 15 year old was hit by a car. "The game shouldn't put pokemons close to busy roads." Seriously?

Tracy Tracy
Jul '16

I say have fun but it really does seem like common sense is as extinct as the dodo bird these days.

http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/07/pokemon_go_crash_cny_driver_hits_tree_while_playing_game.html

https://twitter.com/FOXLA/status/753235547666153473/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

http://www.fox4news.com/trending/172947974-story

There are over 300 Million people in the country. Odds are there are hundreds (or thousands) a day of distracted people running into things. The items mentioned above are just the Media trying to make a story out of it, so they can get the views they so preciously need.It's silly, really.

"Yeah, but around 15 Americans are crushed to death under vending machines each year because their Snickers got stuck and they rocked the machine."

Yes, but they are not on the road where they can crash into me or anyone else I hold dear.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

Quick Calico , grab your balls, there's one waiting for you!!

Completely agree with you Rich. It's the latest thing the media has jumped on. I'm more concerned with all the people that are still driving with their cellphones up to their ear.

Bessie Bessie
Jul '16

Oh Bonv, in so many ways!

Bessie Bessie
Jul '16

Absolutely Bessie :-)

When my kids tell me they are going to go out for awhile to see if they can catch some more, I always remind them to be aware of their surroundings, don't blindly walk into the street, stay safe and don't trespass on private property. I'm now getting attitude from them, "we know Mom, you don't have to keep reminding us." Sorry not sorry kids, I will keep reminding you so get used to it. My oldest said he met some people outside of Bea McNally's (gym) and they were all friendly (in a non-creepy way) and started a conversation about the game. I think that's great for my son who is socially awkward and a bit of a loner. I love that he is getting out there and socializing with people who share the same interests. I know there are plenty of negatives that come along with this but let's face it, there are negatives about almost anything we do. Everything we do on a daily basis can result in tragedy. Driving, walking, anytime we leave the house we risk an accident. I refuse to live in fear of what could happen if that prevents my kids from having a life.

jrsemom jrsemom
Jul '16

I have always loved games. Don't get to play much due to being an adult, and adult stuff always gets in the way lol. The fact that I can play this while exercising is wonderful, in my opinion. Yes you do have to be careful and not run out into roads etc.

Tonight I ventured to town for the first time. I was so happy with what I saw. So many people out hunting and patronizing our local busineesses!!!! Plus a group of kids chatted with me, and they were all so friendly and just having fun. In this crazy world it's nice to see people getting a long, and actually talking face to face!! It made my night. I will not judge you if you play or don't play, we all are aloud to make our own decisions on what we enjoy. Have a great night everyone.

Sunshine Sunshine
Jul '16

Say it aloud!! We all should be allowed.............etc

"Great game if your 10 years old...otherwise ridiculous!" LOL. Now run along and watch grown men kick or throw a ball around a field.

Jul '16

Harmless game? Apparently not. Well, you can't fix stupid, but maybe the doctor can fix their cliff diving injuries.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/15/health/pokemon-go-players-fall-down-cliff/index.html

maja2 maja2
Jul '16

Go on the Hackettstown Fire Dept. face book page and see what they had to post. I don't have a problem with people enjoying the new wave of entertainment, but use some common cense people. I can understand 2 or 3 stupid people but 20 to 40 stupid people. That's scary.

auntiel auntiel
Jul '16

There are an absolute ton of kids walking around town and I think that is just awesome.

ScottB ScottB
Jul '16

Oh man 30 to 40 people outside? They must be trying to revolt or maybe plan a coup. I agree it's scary. I am going to go out on a limb here, if the alarm bells rang for a fire, I'm just going to assume they may just get out of the way.

Well then Well then
Jul '16

To contrast the negative articles some are posting:

Children's hospital using 'Pokemon Go' to get patients out of bed:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/nation-now/2016/07/15/motts-childrens-hospital-michigan-pokemon-go-get-children-interacting-rooms-technology/87086698/

A Michigan children’s hospital is using Pokemon Go as a tool to get sick patients out of their rooms and interacting with fellow patients and hospital staff.

In the past, young patients at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital in Ann Arbor, Mich., shuffled down the hallways without speaking to each other, but now it’s not uncommon to see them stop and talk near a Pokemon Go hotspot, according to J.J Bouchard, digital media manager, and certified child life specialist at the hospital.

“It’s a fun way to encourage patients to be mobile,” Bouchard said. “This app is getting patients out of beds and moving around.”

Nice Rich.

It is getting older people together too!
http://myfox8.com/2016/07/16/video-shows-stampede-of-hundreds-of-pokemon-go-players-rushing-into-park/

maja2 maja2
Jul '16

I really don't understand all the hatred for this game. I was just waiting at the light at High Street to cross over by the mural. The light went green, cross light showed white walking man, so I started crossing.

Some guy in a pickup making a turn deliberately tried to run me over. Then he was so annoyed at me being in the crosswalk, he decided to whip a U-turn so he could chase me down and berate me about "Pokemans" and how I shouldn't be crossing the street without watching carefully for maniacs trying to run me down.

I sure saw him coming, because he was obviously mad that I had a phone in my hand, and was convinced I was "Pokemanning", therefore I had no right to be crossing the street.

Why are people so mad about how other people spend their free time? I don't care if you watch reality TV, or sports, or hunt animals, or build ships in bottles. Why do you care if I play games on my phone?

Maybe you just let people who have the right of way in the crosswalk cross the street and not worry if they're looking at their phone. I think everyone has a more enjoyable day that way.

Joe Fisher Joe Fisher
Jul '16

The light at Main & Grand is particularly poorly timed for pedestrians. When you cross that particular intersection, it's the cars on Grand making a left turn that are the issue. The cars don't have a lot of time to go, sometimes they sit there for quite a while. And then it's a big left turn to make right as pedestrians are given the green to cross. Cars not aware of that can find themselves giving it the gas only to find a pedestrian half way across the intersection.

Don't you find it sad that people need an app on there phone to go outside? What happens to bikes and hiking? Or your imagination? Its sad

I happen to think the whole craze is a bit silly.

But then, I don't find it nearly as silly as paying athletes millions of dollars a year, so you can loaf on your couch and drink beer and stuff your face and get all excited watching THEM play a game.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Jul '16

i think it's sad that there are so many people that are so mad over something that doesn't even concern them. They're not paying the bill, not buying the phone, people should just mind their business. As far as Joe's encounter goes, too bad he couldn't get the license plate number of the truck and report it. Sounds like a dangerous person behind the wheel.

Bessie Bessie
Jul '16

You're right about that intersection GC...,

Jersey wolf I couldn't agree more with your thoughts on paying athletes an absurd amount of money!!!!

I have been in town quite a bit recently and I must say there has been a lot more foot traffic. I can only assume a lot of it is game players. I do see a lot looking down at their phones (even witnessed someone fall off the curb) but its hard to tell since these days everyone is focused on their phones anyway.
My hope is that if they are going to be walking through town daily that they also will start shopping or dining at the stores and restaurants:)

If I had a $1 for every time I heard a business complain about reaching the youth audience, I'd be a millionaire ---

This fad lands on their laps and the one's that are really struggling are NOT taking advantage of it! Very frustrating!

trekster3- trekster3-
Jul '16

I wonder what impact this game is having on local businesses? For example, the bench outside of the crepe and ice cream shop is a Pokestop. Almost every night someone is setting up a lure there to attract Pokemon. Many people are sitting on the bench and walking by. Would be interesting to know if they are also buying ice cream while waiting.

And Bea McNally's is a Pokemon gym, people are going there to battle. I'm sure some of them must be having an appetizer or a drink.

hktownie hktownie
Jul '16

Don't even need to go inside Bea's to battle. I drove by and saw 10-15 ppl outside on the benches and I am assuming they were battling the patrons inside

I give this fade about 4months. Once the weather gets cold everyone will return to their homes

Darwin Darwin
Jul '16

I caught a wild pikachu today, pretty rare? And I wasted about 15 great balls trying to catch an evolved sea horse. What a game this is!

Forcefed4door Forcefed4door
Jul '16

Not a project user, but drove down Main St about 10:00 pm am and noticed kids out doors, laughing, yes with third phones, but laughing and having a good time. Kind of nice to see, even if generated by throttle game!

Geekdad Geekdad
Jul '16

No Pokemon allowed at work. Just found out. Bummer, man...
So now we have 22 million users, so far, who don't care that they are constantly being monitored. They are tracked, where they are at any given time. What restaurants to they frequent. Movies, national parks, states, shopping. Tons of info, for marketing purposes. I wish I knew Nintendo started this...I would have bought the stock, last year, LOL.
Oh well, if people are outside, behaving safely, I hope they are having fun. I still like the original Mario brothers, on the original Nintendo, from the 80's and galaga at the arcade. That's it, for me, on video games. $5 lasts hours for me, down the shore, where the other games are like $2 to play. Galaga is still a quarter!!! I guess I'm the only one left around, that still plays it... yup... still stuck in the 80's....LOL..

sparksjbc1964 sparksjbc1964
Jul '16

Did you see the news where some guy playing Pokemon AND driving ran into the back of a police car. Is this what we have to worry about now as if texting and driving is not bad enough. Some guy on 80 the other day was all over the road while texting ... Maybe flying is safer these days. Just like people sued the tobacco companies, are people going to sue the Pokemon folks when they walk into a post or something.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Jul '16

Saw this one on the news last night. A lady got stuck in a tree in a cemetery playing Pokemon go and called 911 because she needed the fire department to come get her down. Good thing she had a cell phone! Lol.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/07/20/pokemon-go-stuck-in-tree/

Lynnada Lynnada
Jul '16

If you have kids out chasing Pokemon, have them watch this. All kids should see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5mcRv8hqu8

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

Just had my son sit down and watch it. Good one Calico696!

Hot corner Hot corner
Jul '16

Glad to hear it Hot corner! Knowledge is power!

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

Something positive about Pokemon out of H'town.

http://patch.com/new-jersey/hackettstown/pokemon-go-player-finds-2-000-hackettstown?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_term=arts+%26+entertainment&utm_campaign=autopost&utm_content=hackettstown

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

Calico. I saw it on NBC news this afternoon. Pretty cool !

BrandyB BrandyB
Jul '16

Just saw it on ABC news, great story. Humble honest person!

Denis Denis
Jul '16

Nice! Good kid right there! I think I'm gonna start playing Pokémon Go :)

Thread should now evolve to who the heck drops 2 grand and doesn't notice. Good thing it wasn't $500, he could have been robbed!

maja2 maja2
Jul '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.