Help - need local mover for just a few items

Friend is moving here from Wantage - with just a few items - sofa, queen bed - table or two...........The movers I see want a higher minimum than makes sense for this move...I welcome any and all suggestions

4catmom 4catmom
Jul '16

Maybe rent a U-Haul and hire a couple college kids?

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

Have you looked at Craig's list ? Maybe rent a truck and hire movers

skippy skippy
Jul '16

Get a U-Haul , ask friend if they have other friends to help ...?

Steven Steven
Jul '16

4cat - My lawn guy has done just that for me, my mom, and a couple of the others on the list. He just gave up the lawn business for a full time job, so he may not do it any more. But I'll ask and see what he says. Big strong college football player and perfect for that sofa and beds.

Feel free to avail yourself to the local cadre of individuals in seek of temporary employment for cash / sunshine deli as well as Home Depot will prove to be prosperous locations

skippy skippy
Jul '16

4cat...my neighbor just purchased a box truck for small jobs such as that. If you would like his number PM me and I will pass it along to you and maybe he could help out.

We also need help moving items from one floor to another in our house. Used to be employees of moving companies would freelance doing small jobs, but we have no idea where to look for these workers because all the moving companies are centralized, and only they have access to these people. If you find someone helpful, please pass on the information!

Thanks for the suggestions. I am contacting those mentioned. However I'm not inclined to rent a truck or look for laborers on the street. We need 2 strong, reliable and responsible men to move these few items. I'll report back if I get the right person.
Any other suggestions are welcome.

4catmom 4catmom
Jul '16

How did you make out 4catmom ? I have a friend looking for same as you...I did message JRT for his contact......

Jo Anne Jo Anne
Jul '16

Set with JRT's contact - July 30th I think..........will report back afterwards...
I had heard from someone else but he did not respond to my request for his full name and a few references.

4catmom 4catmom
Jul '16

JRT's contact did an excellent job this morning. I definitely recommend them for small moves..............nice guy, careful, prompt - Thanks JRT

4catmom 4catmom
Jul '16

Thanks 4catmom for the review, glad it worked out well! JRT, I'll be PMing you for contact info, may have a small job we need help with.

dadogmomma dadogmomma
Aug '16

Just sent you the number dadogmomma :)

Ready for a mover for a few things to move from one location to another in town. Any updates here, it's been awhile since I first messaged someone here. Feel free to message me privately.

Bessie Bessie
Nov '16

Need reasonable mover with truck on 11/12/16 from Indepdendence twp to extra storage space in Hackettstown. You can post on here or pm me.
Thanks

You can hire help to move, a few strong guys, via the UHaul web site.

https://www.uhaul.com/MovingHelp/

My daughter used them to load the truck, and another crew to unload the truck, the 2 locations were about 50 miles apart. She was very happy with the help.

Notin NJ anymore Notin NJ anymore
Nov '16

I'm looking for someone with truck to transport sofa 1 mile in town. I can't find any local ads. Any ideas?

Hopeful Hopeful
Jun '17

private message JRT above - his neighbors did a small move for us

4catmom 4catmom
Jun '17

Still looking for someone with truck. I have the manpower to move the sofa just need it transported 1 mile locally.

Hopeful Hopeful
Jun '17

looking for a couple of experienced moving guys to move a couple of etagers (curio cabinets) to our lower level tonight (?)....located in PV.

janice janice
Aug '18

Just truck the truck from Home Depot

I interpret the need as a move from one floor to another. No truck needed I believe.

Call Georges Moving Boonton, NJ

Wantage is close to his service circle.....and Hackettstown is right on the circle.

Embryodad Embryodad
Aug '18

"Wantage" was back in July of 2016.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.