Blue paint on Main St.

Blue paint on Main St.

Does anyone know who is responsible for the blue paint spill on main st. It matches with blue paint markings on Liberty Street.

Denis Denis
Jun '16

Re: Blue paint on Main St.

Liberty Street.

Denis Denis
Jun '16

Someone hit a smurf

Booster90 Booster90
Jun '16

Perhaps the DPW had a spill in the back of their truck after marking where the water lines ran and didn't realize it when heading back to the garage.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '16

Thanks Phil, that could be. I wasn't sure what the markings on Liberty Street were for.

Denis Denis
Jun '16

I was wondering that myself as I saw the same blue paint on High Street.

Here's an example of what blue and other colors denote, just in case anyone wondered what those and other seemingly cryptic markings are:

http://www.missutility.net/searchstatus/colorcodes.asp

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '16

Interesting, good to know. Thanks again.

Denis Denis
Jun '16

You're quite welcome Denis - always glad to help.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '16

Not sure if HMUA does their own mark-outs or if they sub it out to a private service.

ianimal ianimal
Jun '16

Some streets are getting new water pipe this summer. Before they start they mark the water, waste and gas lines.

They're working in my area right now. Replacing the old unlined water pipes with updated lined pipes. I'll be happy not have the orange iron stains to clean anymore! And hopefully we won't have to replace the tub faucet every year anymore because it strips out from the mineral deposits inside.

If your area is getting the update you will get a letter from the HMUA.

hktownie hktownie
Jun '16

HMUA oops .. Markout paint ...

Warden Warden
Jun '16

Re: Blue paint on Main St.

I went to HMUA today, they said they only use spray can's so it wasn't anyone from there. I started the thread because I got the paint on my new car, and wanted to find out who was responsible. Fortunately at the suggestion of Georges Auto Body I was able to get it off with a 10 minute up close power wash at scrub a dub. Anyone else who had the same problem, that's the way to go. Probably the sooner the better.

Denis Denis
Jun '16

That a Honda Element ? Loved my toaster

skippy skippy
Jun '16

Haha, no 2016 Chevy Cruze. Great little car, awesome gas mileage.

Denis Denis
Jun '16

Very cool - sorry you got paint on it - I like the wheels

skippy skippy
Jul '16

Thanks, paint came off so it's all good. I like the wheels too, not like my old Keystone Classics and Mag wheels, but more age appropriate.

Denis Denis
Jul '16

Good thing you were able to get it off OK!

Apparently it's likely to be a subcontractor doing the markout work for somebody, just as Ian suggested. It looks as though the water lines may have already been replaced in that section, (you can see that the lines are just about in the middle of the already excavated and "patched" section of the roadway) so maybe there's more digging to be done and they need to know where the water lines are so as not to hit them with the next bit of excavating.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jul '16

When the utility companies do their mark outs it is done with SPRAY PAINT . The spill down main st looks like it it came from some type of open top container of paint.

Dadof3
Jul '16

The Hackettstown police know who the contractor is if this caused damage to your car

Just someone Just someone
Jul '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.