Independence Day Weekend - What's Going On?

There isn't much listed on the calendar here for the upcoming weekend, which is odd. We weren't invited to any picnics and are not going to Philly this year, so we actually have to find something to do. LOL

Anybody hear of any local or somewhat local (within 25 miles) events going on? Music, beer festivals, fairs, etc.? Specifically looking for something on Saturday or Monday, since my husband works on Sundays.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '16

Fire Works at Rutherfurd Hall 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm

Independance Day Fireworks and Entertainment at Rutherfurd Hall, Allamuchy, NJ.
Coolers Welcome. Food Vendors on site. Visit www.Rutherfurdhall.org for details. Onsite Parking Passes sold-otherwise free buses from specified locations are provided.

go early - bring dinner and some wine and enjoy - wonderful event

4catmom 4catmom
Jun '16

4cat - I saw that on the calendar. I should have specified that I'm looking for more of a daytime event.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '16

I am also looking for some daytime activities - festivals, art shows, etc. :)

Family friendly!

questions
Jun '16

Kutztown Festival!

happiest girl
Jun '16

Re: Independence Day Weekend - What's Going On?

Gettysburg Living History July 1 - 3 at Artillery Ridge Campground.

John C John C
Jun '16

Blairstown has a 4th of July party at Foot Bridge Park. Not sure of the times tho, you could probably look that up.

Washington Celebrates America Orange Crate Derby

July 4th
8:00am
Warren Hills Middle School Athletic Field
Broad Street and Borough Park entrance
Washington, NJ

The annual Orange Crate Derby will take place at Warren Hills Middle School Athletic Field beginning at 8:00am. Rain Date: July 9th

Washington’s July 4th Parade

July 4th
3:00pm
Route 31 and Broad Street
Washington, NJ

Washington’s annual July 4th parade will step off from Route 31 and Broad Street at 3pm and will march to North Prospect Street. See website for entire parade route. Rain Date: July 10th

Washington July 4th Fireworks

July 4th
6:00pm – Music begins
Warren Hills Middle School
Washington, NJ

Washington’s annual July 4th fireworks will take place at Warren Hills Middle School Athletic Field at dusk. Rain Date: July 10th

Notin NJ anymore Notin NJ anymore
Jun '16

I'm disappointed at how little there is going on locally. :(

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '16

Well, Calico, we mustn't offend all of those people who like living here but hate our flag and our American culture and holidays. /s/

ChristIsRisen ChristIsRisen
Jun '16

Easton has a nice Heritage Day, but it isn't until next weekend.
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/easton/index.ssf/2016/06/new_additions_to_easton_herita.html#incart_river_index

Calico

We lived in Washington for 28 years and loved the entire day they had planned in the borough. Given a small town they really knew how to celebrate the 4th. From the soap box derby to the fireworks it was a full day of fun. If you have never been it is something to experience give it a try. Where we now live in Pa they have nothing planned to celebrate the 4th and we are missing all the fun we used to have in Washington. :-(

Notin NJ anymore Notin NJ anymore
Jun '16

Im gonna sleep late Monday and make eggs lol

skippy skippy
Jun '16

Skippy ... I like your plans. My kind of morning. :)

Puden
Jun '16

Anyone remember the Bicentennial 4th in Hackettstown? Parade, shows, contests, and a festival at the Legion. A lot of fun for us when we were kids.

Might be a great thing for the BID given their success with the Spring Festival, St Patty's Day, etc.

Grizzly Adams
Jun '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.