HHS Football Team members to compete at Rutgers 7on7

Very exciting that HHS Footbsll is competing at the Rutgers 7 on 7 tomorrow morning at the Rutgers stadium. Quite a few NJ schools will be participating with these 25 minutes games. Press is welcome, making this a wonderful opportunity for HHS. THANK YOU COACH ROBINSON!

Tiger Fan Family
Jun '16

Is the whole team going or just a selected few?

cloudyday cloudyday
Jun '16

Just about 10 or so players.

Tiger Fan Family
Jun '16

Thus the name 7 on 7

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Jun '16

How did they do? Very interested to hear who they ran at QB and how the middle (LB's)of the defense looked?

that_guy
Jun '16

It's just practice.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jun '16

Actually Andy it was a competition.....a 7v7 tournament. Where every game has a winner and a loser.
Soooo......anyone know how the boys did? Don't care so much about the wins and losses, was hoping to hear how they competed against some high level talent. I know there was an injury, but that is all I have heard so far.

that_guy
Jun '16

You can't judge much by 7 on 7, no pads, no linemen, no hitting

Deviljet
Jun '16

Andy.....Really ??? You sound like Allen Iverson

Tell all those kids busting their Butts that it was just practice.....It was Competition Andy.....

Practice?? It was just Practice....LOL

LittleRascal LittleRascal
Jun '16

You got me wrong. Practice is of utmost importance, but it is nothing to draw any predictions of future success from at this stage.

It is important that the Tigers test themselves against quality competition. I'd rather see them fare poorly against good competition, than run roughshod over mediocre or weak competition. You don't learn anything from competing against "cupcakes" as the Tigers' basketball coach has often said.

That's what I meant by "its just practice."

So many times I hear people going wild because Hackettstown did real well in a scrimmage game. My questions always are, well, who did they play? What did they learn?

No, I'm not Allen Iverson. When I was a basketball player, I emulated Bill Bradley as a shooter and Wes Unseld as a rebounder. That tells you how old I am.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jun '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.