Need Frye Boots Resoled

Can anyone recommend someone who resoles leather cowboy boots and does quality work?

Megan Megan
Jun '16

If you have Facebook look up Trappers Hat Service. He's local and if he couldn't, he would be able to refer someone.

Check the leather guy in Washington he's been around forever!!

I fixed my boots at Morris Plains Shoes & Repair (740 Speedwell Ave). Really like how it was done and it was done pretty fast. They fix all shoes and boots including work boots.

Definitely Bob at Washington Shoe and Leather Repair. Be sure to say hi to his bird while you are there!

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '16

If you ever venture to Sparta, the Sparta Cobbler is great!

Thanks everybody!

Megan Megan
Jun '16

Make sure you ask for a price before committing. My husband had his boots resoled and it was almost 100.00! Our mistake. We didn't think to ask, and with the work done beautifully, we just paid. BUT a lesson learned.

USAfirst USAfirst
Jun '16

Rago Brothers in Morristown is worth the trip and by far the best. We used them to repair high end handbags and shoes at Bloomingdale's Short Hills when I was a manager there.

Greta Greta
Jun '16

Rago Bros. is the most expensive...the son seemed to have a bit of an attitude when I took an old leather jacket in for a zipper...after I picked it up, I tried it on and pointed out that one side was not aligned with the other and it put the snaps for the collar out of alignment to which he replied "just push them into position "...I told him " not for the money you are charging ( over $100.00 for the zipper & installation " . As I became louder in my objections, customers began looking and he quickly had someone take it, remove the one side and re-install while I waited.

Was not a good experience ...was a lesson learned.

They are very expensive for shoe repair as well, they gauge it on the cost of new and typically charge bout 50 -60 % of the cost of new to repair / resole, I have found other shops that do far better work for more reasonable prices ( Sparta ) , without the attitude.

Steven Steven
Jun '16

Isn't there a cobbler on main street right beside James on Main?
Why go to Morristown or Sparta?
I had a ball glove repaired there awhile back and he did an excellent job.

Hot corner Hot corner
Jun '16

Hot corner... Is that place still open for business? Tried to stop in a few times and no one was there.

USAfirst USAfirst
Jun '16

I took something to the place next to James on Main... HORRIBLE.... stick to the guy in Washington... the place here in town couldn't find my shoe it wasn't ready when it was supposed to be.. the kid/grandson seems to be running it and it was just a bad experience will never go there again

Not sure USAfirst, but I think so.

I guess his batting average is .500 so far MG! ;)

Hot corner Hot corner
Jun '16

I have a Frye boot addiction and I always send them back to Frye the instructions are right on their site :)

Happycat Happycat
Jul '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.