Trinity Thrift Shop?

Does anyone know if either the Thrift Shop or Lords Pantry takes donations of shampoo and or shower wash? I have some to donate and would prefer somewhere easy to drop it off.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '16

I volunteer at both and the pantry will definitely take these items! Thank you!

Thanks Iris, problem solved.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '16

Was just going to post exactly what Iris stated. Trinity would be very happy to take those items off your hands, Bessie..They probably can also use them for their midnight runs into New York when they deliver clothing and personal items to the homeless..

Joyful Joyful
Jun '16

I give quite a bit to Midnight Run but donate the smaller size items to them.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '16

Thanks for thinking of Trinity as your place to donate things! These items will definitely be put to good use there!

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Jun '16

Do I just drop off shampoo, perfume, etc to the thrift shop or different location?

Hopeful Hopeful
Jun '16

The pantry is in the back, next to the Furniture Annex. You drop off there.

Do they take books? I have some old College books and other random ones. I could be good use to someone. If not, I was just going to drop them off to the library if they want it or just recycle them.

JayP831 JayP831
Jul '16

They definitely take books, I donate mine there all the time. However, I don't believe they take text books if that's what you mean by College books. They're almost impossible to sell unless required by a current class. And if that's the case the best bet is often to put up a sign somewhere at the college. They're probably better library donations.

No, I'm a volunteer there, and we don't accept text books.

Cool, thanks for the info!

JayP831 JayP831
Jul '16

Iris, I have some new Avon Nail polishes, face creams, perfume, etc. Do you know if the thrift shop will take them?

Bessie Bessie
Jul '16

@Bessie if they are new and still sealed. They actually give them out at the food pantry.

Happycamper Happycamper
Jul '16

Yes definitely!

Dropped off, thank you.

Bessie Bessie
Jul '16

Posted this on another thread but didn't get a response, may have been a post readers don't go into much. Does anyone know if The Lords Pantry takes fresh produce? I have quite a few zucchini (large) an some yellow squash from my garden. We will never use them and I hate to see them go to waste.

Bessie Bessie
Jul '17

Bessie. Great idea. I am sure they would appreciate them!!!!

Mansfield mama Mansfield mama
Jul '17

Bessie

They would love your fresh produce from the garden.

They are there M-Thursday 9-noon. The earlier the better so all can get the good vegetables'.

I do know they will bag it so as to share.

The food bank is the building in the back of the church off Moore Street.

Thanks "Trinity Food Bank" volunteer..

Bernie Bernie
Jul '17

Cleaning out my ridiculous amount of scrapbooking supplies and recall someone saying they had a crafters section in there now. Does anyone that works or shops there know if that's the case. I have previously donated these type items to scout troops and someone that works in an after school program, senior citizen program to name a few. If anyone is involved in any programs that might be able to use some of it, please
email me.

Bessie Bessie
Sep '17

Yes they have a craft section

firefly firefly
Sep '17

Thanks Firefly

Bessie Bessie
Sep '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.