Shell Gas Station by Five Corners

I drove by there on the way to work. The sign for the gas prices were off and cones were up in front of the pumps anybody know what happened?

Ran out of gas?

Brad2
Jun '16

They ran out of gas.

Mandm1 Mandm1
Jun '16

I also saw that CF. I don't think that they remove ALL the prices because they ran out of gas. It has been like that for a couple of days, I have seen different vehicles in there also. Today it looked like 2 work trucks parked there when I was at the light.

And now there are cones at all the bays in Citgo on 57.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Jun '16

Dept of weights and measures might have been around

eapos eapos
Jun '16

They were shut down by Department of Weights and Measures.. Citgo has been cited as well till they correct there pumps..

Driver247 Driver247
Jun '16

Driver247---it had nothing to do with the pumps... And citgo was just out of gas

Booster90 Booster90
Jun '16

Both places out of gas at the same time, seems like a strange coincidence.

kb2755 kb2755
Jun '16

should we call home land security could be some pre medicated plan

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Jun '16

Booster90- was definitely the pumps.. They are red tagged by the department and can not be used until they are repaired.. If you know something different then please share..

Driver247 Driver247
Jun '16

I do know something different which is the real reason but I'm not telling! So ha!

Booster90 Booster90
Jun '16

Booster90: If you are not willing to divulge what you know then there is no reason to believe that you know anything. Have a nice day

JBJKSJ JBJKSJ
Jun '16

I must have read those red tags wrong on each pump handle when I stopped in the other day.. You know the ones that say Out of Service by Order of Dept of Weights and Measures.. They can be confusing at times in bold legible print

Driver247 Driver247
Jun '16

Driver247..post a picture!!!!

Bug3
Jun '16

Yes they are out of service by weights and measures but not because they are broke..

Booster90 Booster90
Jun '16

There is no reason to put a Red Tag on a pump because it is out of gas. A sign on the station saying " Sorry, We have no Gas, Closed" would be sufficient along with turning the pumps off, and the owner would put it up, not the Dept. Of Weights and Measures. If the pumps are Red Tagged, then there is something wrong with them or with the delivery system ( underground tank to nozzle), or the gas itself is contaminated ( water?). Either way, something is wrong, it is not just a matter of having no gas. ( Besides, if no gas is the problem, the owners could have ordered a delivery by now and be back in business).

JBJSKJ JBJSKJ
Jun '16

If DWM shut them down, it's not due to a mechanical problem with the pumps. They probably got caught violating pricing policy, had excessive water in their tanks or were dispensing less gas than the meter was indicating.

ianimal ianimal
Jun '16

Booster - "So ha!" is the wrong exclamation - I think what you meant was... "nah nee nah nee naa naaa!! ... and must be said whilst thumb is on nose, hand positioned such that fingers are oriented upward and digits wiggling sychronistically in front of face... if you like, it can be repeated several times while retaining its communication intent....

pmnsk pmnsk
Jun '16

.... did you do it? or at least imagine it, LOL!!

pmnsk pmnsk
Jun '16

It is now a Delta. Signs were changed today.

CF is entirely correct. I saw them finishing putting the Delta signs in place when I was sitting next to it in traffic at 4:45.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '16

So now we have more substandard to choose from. Awesome.

Jun '16

Craft Beer Bob

All refined petroleum comes from the same few refineries. Blenders may add specific additives for a brand, but the base is the same.

For many years, Texaco had the refining contract for Shell gasoline retail. Shell's main refinery is in Deer Park Texas - you are not getting fuel refined by Shell

Greg G
Jun '16

Understood Greg. May I suggest you do some research in Top Tier gasoline. I don't believe you will find Delta on this list.

Jun '16

All gas is the same, the difference really comes down to:

1) Premium brands add what equates to 1 quart per 10,000 gallons of additives
2) Generic brands like Delta and Costco buy from the cheapest wholesaler which should not make a difference but occasionally maybe their is a difference versus dedicated suppliers from brands like Shell, Sunoco, BP, etc.

Just noticed today it's no longer Shell, does anyone know where the next closest Shell gas station is? I have a gift card :/

Sunshine Sunshine
Jul '16

Isn't there one right next to Dairy Queen?

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Jul '16

Oh my!! Totally forgot about that one lol. Thank you!!!

Sunshine Sunshine
Jul '16

sunshine - There is one on 57 by Dairy Queen, one on 517 by Panther Valley, One on 46 by Central School in Independence, and if you are headed down toward Mt Olive there is another one right in front of the entrance to ITC.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Jul '16

Thank you Mommyof3 I never use shell so didn't realize we had so many close. The gift card is $100 so I was nervous when I noticed the one changed names!!

Sunshine Sunshine
Jul '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.