Goose flies into windshield

Goose flies into windshield

In Hackettstown, made the CBS local evening news last night:
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/05/29/goose-windshield-hackettstown/

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
May '16

The goose died at the scene... gotta love a slow news day.

maja2 maja2
May '16

Maja2, i just hit the like button! Lol!

Browning
May '16

Flies into windshield of a pick up truck with a hood scoop and mesh grill screening. Welcome to Hackettstown!

Blazin
May '16

I hope the operator was not injured - sad day

skippy skippy
May '16

The driver should have done a better job to avoid the animal.

not sack
May '16

That is so sad, I wonder if the goose had a family. The other day we all had to stop on Rt 10 while 2 parents walked their 5 goslings across.

hktownie hktownie
May '16

Yeah the driver should have swerved into oncoming traffic and taken out an innocent family.

Philliesman Philliesman
May '16

At least it wasn't a gorilla. Just sayin'.

Calico696 Calico696
May '16

Well Gorillas don't poop where I want to walk, so they are more worth saving ; )

maja2 maja2
May '16

geese lives matter

Joe Friday Joe Friday
May '16

This probably happened to fast. Looks like the person was just driving, and the goose smashed into them. From the looks of the windshield, this is something I'm sure a normal person would try to avoid , as long as the alternative wasn't plowing into another car.
I just hope it wasn't "Lucy or Bruce", my two buddies I hang out with, at the river. They all look exactly the same... until it's feeding time. Bruce and Lucy won't let any other geese, near me. They learned about greed and how to create a monopoly on the feeding time.... Goose politics are funny to watch! Man, those chicks grow QUICK. Double in size every week. But so darn cute!!! I've also trained them: no food, if poles are in the water. They just hover, back and forth... as they keep checking.
What happened to all the raccoons, around here? I haven't seen one in two years. I never used to see abandoned eggs, laying around for weeks at a time. There used to be broken egg shells, instead. I know my post went a little off topic, but since were discussing geese...

sparksjbc1964 sparksjbc1964
Jun '16

lawsuit? lol

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Jun '16

sparksjbc 1964 - I think all the babies have been brought to Antler Ridge Wildlife Sanctuary - we are swimming in them this year

4catmom 4catmom
Jun '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.