Too many fishing lines on the ground.

Please... anyone who gets a "bird nest", in their reel, take the extra line home with you. If you really don't want to, then roll up in a little ball and cut it into tiny pieces. Little birds will use the line, to help build their nests and our larger, river critters won't have to spend the rest of their life in agony, with lines tangled in their necks and legs.
Also, carry out your "partying" evidence. Way too much broken glass, also.
Just don't want any of our cool , river animals to have to live a life of suffering, because some people are just too lazy to take responsibility for their own garbage, or even help cut up line, found lying about.
Please... this is a tiny task that will reap huge rewards! Thanks.

sparksjbc1964 sparksjbc1964
May '16

Nice reminder. Thanks sparks. We also should be teaching our younger generation the same. When we go fishing my kids bring a hefty bag with them and haul out a bag of trash almost every time we go fishing.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
May '16

Great parenting, Bob. I'll bet all of you carry out a lot more trash, than you started with. Tell your children "some stranger, on HL forum, said keep up the good job, regarding the trash" It's a little comment that will go far with the children. They thrive on positive reinforcement. Thank you, and your children, for helping to keep our lovely river clean and safe.

May '16

When we were recently vacationing in the Caribbean there was a large local group of people picnicking and partying on the beach. They had coolers, drinks, Solo cups, food, towels, music, kids! When the sun went down they packed up and left. As we walked by I actually stopped to take a picture. Where they had been was spotless. Not a single napkin left behind. They even moved all the picnic tables back into place.

We looked at each other and both said "this isn't Stephen's State Park"

Hickory Dog Hickory Dog
May '16

Re: Too many fishing lines on the ground.

If you have room to carry it in you should have room to carry it out!!! This was at tilcon..

Booster90 Booster90
May '16

Lol..Hickory! Sounds familiar. "Hey...ya want me to pick up my own trash!? No way.... hey... it's a Jersey thing!"
I know there's still good people here, who do the right thing. Funny, but unfortunately true, regarding your post.

May '16

Thank you to everyone who picks up after those who don't. Lately I've been picking up at the sandbar at Alumni Park. It's a shame people don't care. I can't just leave it there. I hope people see me and do the same.

Walking Girl Walking Girl
May '16

I picked up off the sandbar yesterday and by the porta potty, so many lazy people who just don't give a d...!

Nature Lover Nature Lover
May '16

Shame about Tilcon. That was the best kept secret for years. Going forward... don't tell ANYONE, who is unaware of Tilcon, about that place, or it will turn into the next "Oxford furnace", inundated by, the "you know who, from you know where" type of people. And they have tons of garbage, that they never even ask their kids to pick up. SSSHHH....MUM on Tilcon ....only tell your closest, nature loving friends. Hopefully the catch and release type, but I know... that's a personal decision, unless it's a "catch and release" part of the waters.
P.S. I'm not a racist. Oxford furnace lake is littered by all different, careless people. I just think the "locals" and the serious fishermen/women are more apt to clean up after themselves.

May '16

Carry in, carry out. It's really that simple!

Calico696 Calico696
May '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.