Memorial day parade 2016

What time does the 2016 Memorial Day parade start?

Viewer Viewer
May '16

10:00 am

For those going to be in the parade - Line Up Starts at 9:30 am

cloudyday cloudyday
May '16

Parade kicks off at 10 a.m. on Monday, May 30th. Those in the parade would have to be there earlier..

Joyful Joyful
May '16

Is the parade rain or shine? I remember one year it kept going back and forth and then a few groups marched.

Malkin Malkin
May '16

One year we marched in rain so heavy that we held our muskets with the barrels straight down to keep them down. Our motto that day was "If the boys of '61 endured the bad weather for 4 years, we can certainly endure it for an hour or two" We managed to keep our powder dry to fire the salute at Union Cemetery. We plan to do the honor again this year!

John C John C
May '16

Does anyone know what route the parade is taking?

Katjubu
May '16

Marching down (west) on Main Street starting at Grand Ave, right onto Mountain Ave and terminating at the Union Cemetery.

All the parades follow the same basic route.

They line up pre-parade on Washington St and then start at Washington & Grand. They turn onto Main, got all the way to 5 pts and then turn right on to Mountain Ave. They go down a ways and then end. The Memorial Day parade turns into the cemetery and does a service there when the parade has ended. (that's the salute John C is talking about) Very worth while.

Parade is rain or shine. Whether groups or bystanders show up or not is another thing. As long as it is not thundering and lightening I will be there.

Christine Christine
May '16

Thanks John C, & Christine
I'll be there rain or shine also..

Malkin Malkin
May '16

No, this should be canceled. It's going to be raining very hard making it unsafe for the marchers. Stay home and watch a movie!

FredFinger FredFinger
May '16

Re: Memorial day parade 2016

See you there!

John C John C
May '16

No, this should be canceled. It's going to be raining very hard making it unsafe for the marchers. Stay home and watch a movie!

FredFinger

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
May '16

Great Parade Today! Much respect to Vets, Active Military and First Responders. And Most Respect to Those Who Gave All.

Hipster Hipster
May '16

Right on, Hipster.

DannyC DannyC
May '16

I agree Hipster. It was a great parade. I got a lump in my throat more than once!!

Parental Unit Parental Unit
May '16

https://youtu.be/gOvA-Hn4_ZM

DannyC DannyC
May '16

Terrific parade. Proud to march and pay respects. And the weather peeps got it so wrong. Glad Hackettstown didn't cancel ahead of time!

Wonderful parade. Beautiful ceremony at Union Cemetery. Thanks to all who participated in this event!

summerrain1 summerrain1
May '16

I saw that many towns "rescheduled" their parades based on the weather forecast which, of course, didn't pan out. I'm proud that regardless of the forecast our little big town did not waiver and went on with the parade which worked out just fine. Those we honored today did not have the option to sacrifice their lives on on a bright sunny day or not and the very least we can do is stand out there for an hour or so and show our gratitude. I'm proud today to live in the USA and more specifically in Hackettstown.

Walking Girl Walking Girl
May '16

Been going for over 40 years. Today's speaker nailed it. I had a lump in my throat several times,

That said, after fifty years they finally smartened up and turned around to face the hill. Now lets work on getting them closer to the mike so all could hear. Truly great speeches today were unheard by most. I'll volunteer to make it better if they want.

Grandson of the GAR
May '16

Couldn't be there but thanks to all my H'town friends for posting pictures on my FB page. Looked like a great day.

slade v 2.0 slade v 2.0
May '16

Walking Girl,
I agree with you - and was so happy to see the diversity of the people who attended the parade in our town.
Yay, Hackettstown!!

happiest girl
May '16

Re: Memorial day parade 2016

Greetings!

It was such a nice parade today with a very moving memorial service at Union Cemetery afterwards.

I posted about 35 photos on my website (currently having trouble uploading the rest to NJ.com).

http://www.nickscaleraphotography.com/hackettstown-memorial-day-parade-2016/

Nick Scalera Photo Nick Scalera Photo
May '16

Nick- Great pictures! You truly captured the spirit of our town.

htownnewbie htownnewbie
May '16

Hey Fred Finger.........how was the movie?

John C John C
May '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.