Who is going to the Crawfish Fest June 3-5?

Heard it is a blast with national acts, camping and great food .. a party of up to 75 thousand.. Anyone going?

elgin elgin
May '16

Have been there. It's a lot of fun but there has never been 75k there at one time. Maybe over the 3 days.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
May '16

Mike averages 5 thousand people a weekend at best. Fun time for all.

I'm going, been going the last 3 years with a group of people. We do the camping! So much fun

Happy girl Happy girl
May '16

Highly recommended. IMO Sunday is best day musically this year. Cowboy Mouth is a fun show and always gets everyone into it. Marcia Ball is another must see and Nathan and the Zydeco Cha Chas are great as well.
Not a big crawfish fan, but the jambalya is out of this world.
Check out the dance hall tent at some point during the day too. People setup camp in there for the day and are really good (or at least much better than my two left feet).
Very laid back people just having a good time... Go!

fins2dleft
May '16

My neighbor dragged my wife and myself there a few years ago. You have to drink your beer under their supervision in a beer tent and the food was meh. It actually would have been a decent time except for the fact that the cover charge was outrageous. I can't remember $50/person? $60? $30? I forget but for 2 people it was enough to put me in a grumpy mood from the start.

Blazin
May '16

It is a good time with very good food. I love the Jambalaya and Crawfish Etouffe'.......but bring your wallet loaded with cash if you plan to eat and drink. If you plan on just listening to Music for like $45 per person.....not a bad deal. See many families there.......But having Cajun Food is a Tasty experience.....you can also purchase basic food like Burgers and stuff
Watch the weather forecast.....last year Heavy rain was predicted for Sunday...many folks decided to go on Saturday instead. I went on Saturday and the place was PACKED......
Alligator Sausage is tasty also !!!

Honeydew Honeydew
May '16

Way overpriced. Went once years ago and have never been back. There are plenty of other more reasonable music festivals in the area.

Calico696 Calico696
May '16

.....you can purchase a Drink and consume anywhere on the Festival grounds....not under a supervised tent......It is a good time with family and friends

If you enjoy Cajun Food......go have some......again bring your wallet

Honeydew Honeydew
May '16

We are going.. not sure if we will camp or not but sounds great!

elgin elgin
May '16

The Crawfish Fest is what it is! if you're looking for a cheap or free festival this is not for you. Consider the $40 admission fee as the price of a concert ticket. You see 7 or 8 bands a day, if you go to all three stages, and these bands are PAID. Many come from far away. the price for a beer is $5, and food entrees are in the 8 - 10 dollar range. Not a cheap day, but if you're into it, it is well worth it.

deviljet
May '16

It might be cheaper to fly to New Orleans for the weekend, lol....

ianimal ianimal
May '16

Did they change the rules, Honeydew? In 2014 (maybe 2013) you could not consume beer anywhere but under the beer tent. I actually purchased a large souvenir cup so I could enjoy the live music with my beer.

As for the cover, I suppose if you camp and LOVE that music, the price isn't bad. Again I was dragged there by my neighbor and spent almost $100 admission. We stayed for 4 or 5 hours. Not worth it unless you divide that money by 48 hours. They should offer a one day pass.

Blazin
May '16

Blazin,cost wise it sounds like you are talking about the same event, but not beer-wise. Between when it used to be at Waterloo Village and all the years in Sussex now, I've been to probably 15 crawfishfests and there has never been a beer tent restriction.
As for one day pass, you can buy tickets for just that day, but they are approximately 45 per person, so it is still around what you quoted.
I personally really enjoy the festival (obviously :)) but understand that it isn't cheap. The acts are almost all national acts and are incredibly talented, just not ones most people have heard of.
I've been to Jazzfest in New Orleans 3 times and can tell you they are the bands that are on just before the "biggies" (ie. Jimmy Buffett, Zac Brown, Billy Joel, etc).
The thing I've always enjoyed is that the people who go, seem to go every year,and it is a very laid back crowd who have a great time.
Not for everyone... Definitely for me... :)

fins2dleft
May '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.