Enjoy your transgender bathrooms. We just lost America.

This article is NOT ABOUT transgender bathrooms; it's an alarmist title. I almost didn't read the article because of it. SO glad I did. It's 100% right on.

http://newbostonpost.com/blogs/enjoy-your-transgender-bathrooms-we-just-lost-america/

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
May '16

Just playing Devil's advocate, for discussion's sake ... I'd feel real uncomfortable if I knew there was a gay guy in the men's room.

Just saying.

Got a feeling new buildings in the future are going to have three restrooms, men, women, and "other." LOL

What a creepy subject.

Well, Curt Schilling blew his broadcasting career by speaking out about this topic, so I'm going to lay low and let everyone else argue about it, dig?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '16

JeffersonRepub - Yes, the title and the issue is yet another Obama diversion. Great article, outlining what is wrong in American culture today, with hope to fix it. Thanks.

DannyC DannyC
May '16

Thanks JR. That was worth a read.

hktownie hktownie
May '16

Andy, did you even read the article?

btownguy btownguy
May '16

Sure I did.

Been reading articles that have been saying America has been flushed down the crapper since the early 60s ... over 50 years of them.

Guess what, America is still here, we're still arguing.

Thank God we have the freedom to argue about things, that Obama isn't going to haul us off to a concentration camp for being bold enough to disagree with him.

I, too, think the end times are near, for reasons that were documented in the Book of Daniel, particularly the 12th chapter.

Have a good weekend.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '16

read this article yesterday posted by a friend who had shared it on Facebook. i thought the article was so well-written hitting the nail squarely on the head of all the problems and issues that we face today.

Joe Friday Joe Friday
May '16

We already have 3 restrooms many places for children and the handicapped who need assistance

skippy skippy
May '16

Awesome article.

Dansker Dansker
May '16

I believe people who are not comfortable with the gender they were born with, are "mentally handicapped" and in need of help and guidance, not condemnation and ridicule. But, that's just me.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '16

That about says it all. Very few were offended in the 50's, now everyone is offended to the point we are divided states of America. I like that line. No wonder we started losing wars.

Old Gent Old Gent
May '16

"I, too, think the end times are near, for reasons that were documented in the Book of Daniel, particularly the 12th chapter."

People have been saying that since far longer ago than the '60s... unless you were talking about the 160s BC (-;

ianimal ianimal
May '16

"Just playing Devil's advocate, for discussion's sake ... I'd feel real uncomfortable if I knew there was a gay guy in the men's room." So you feel gay guys think you're really cute huh....:>)

"yet another Obama diversion" Bwaaaaawhat? How'd Obama sneak into this. He's not in the title, he's not in the link, he's not in any of the postings, he's not in Carolina passing transgender bathroom laws.......who's your momma how'd that get into it.....

"I believe people who are not comfortable with the gender they were born with, are "mentally handicapped" We call this a schilling moment.... Think you're way off the reservation on this one.

"That about says it all. Very few were offended in the 50's, now everyone is offended to the point we are divided states of America." Kinda true. In the beginning, not to good to be Wiccan in Salem. Guys with hoods acted pretty offended post the civil war. Being Japanese-American not nice post Pearl. Was pretty bad to be a communist with McCarthy, not too good being liberal. I can go on, but point made.

I agree with OG we are quite offended now but we are often offended based on origin rather than fact. We are offended past the point of compromise or working together at any level. Polarized is the word. Like paralysis by analysis, we are immobilized by being polarized.

I liked the article although the guy seems a little buggered by border issues and like we have ISIS in every corner of America and they pose a bigger threat than that faced by the Greatest Generation. Nice post.

Now we just need (fill in Hillary or Donald) to fix it.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
May '16

Bathrooms should be about plumbing.

hktownie hktownie
May '16

Well, HILLARY certainly isn't going to "fix" it. That's a joke, right?

Can/will Donald? Only one way to find out....

May '16

Very true, I-man. The early 60s is just as far back as my personal experience that I can remember goes. About the only things I can remember from the 1950s are some ship sinking that made big headlines, Sputnik (that really made people freak out), Alvin!! and Johnny Unitas (YAY, Baltimore wins).

Depending on who you listened to, Elvis was the decline of civilization as we know it.

Things weren't looking very optimistic in the 1860s either, I suppose.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '16

hktownie - RIGHT, indoor plumbing, with the best copper and ceramics.

DannyC DannyC
May '16

"now everyone is offended to the point we are divided states of America"

absolutely. and when there is nothing to be offended by WE are finding things to be offended by! no wonder we need "safe spaces" now for the over-sensitive. when did the minority start ruling and dictating what is acceptable and is not acceptable?

Joe Friday Joe Friday
May '16

I remember the time when white people freaked out about black people sharing the same bathroom with them.

I actually remember such a time.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '16

Here's a slice of America in 1947 ... I think we've made some progress since then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDdizdElFps

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '16

....and experienced some DECLINE as well.... as the article shows.

And Andy, I'm SURE you're smart enough to figure out that this entire thread, and the original article, ISN'T ABOUT BATHROOMS, RIGHT?

I even stated as much in the OP.

I don't care if you say you read it- I'm seriously thinking you didn't. Comparing the civil rights movement to transgender bathrooms IS NOT WHAT THE ARTICLE IS ABOUT.

May '16

I don't know, both topics are mainly about the freedom to use the seat of your choice.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
May '16

JR - aren't you smart enough to see why Andy is talking about the Civil Rights movement?

His point is that there has ALWAYS been a great deal of division in this country (please correct me if I'm wrong, Andy).

IMO social media has really highlighted that division and made it seem much worse. I never knew all of the close-minded and myopic views held by my neighbor. Unfortunately, now we know what everyone thinks on a given topic and exactly who is on the "other side".

strangerdanger - whatever seat you can get to before incontinence sets it.

DannyC DannyC
May '16

I am under the impression that this concern is not only about bathrooms, but for locker rooms. Doing 'your thing' in a closed stall is one thing, but dressing and undressing in a locker room is WAY more than I want kids exposed to.

USAfirst USAfirst
May '16

You get it, MB.

JR tells me I didn't read the article, even though I did.

He presumes to know everything. That one I know he's wrong about, because he said I didn't do something that I did. I had first hand experience with that one, so I knew he's wrong on that one.

At least one time in his young life, he has been wrong.

Typical HL poopadoodle.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '16

Obama is a trouble maker - sorry his wife is a tranni but just just get the hell out!

He is just looking to divide people - good riddance to that piece of garbage...

Peace

Calling his wife a tranny, calling him a trouble maker, then saying peace to sign off. RU sure your not the one confused?

Well then Well then
May '16

Yes, Sparky, we already have three bathrooms. It will be one big one soon. Granny in her wheelchair, little Emma in her carriage, little Jaden in his little league uniform, teenaged Jessica, the horny trucker down the road, and the leader of NAMBLA can all share like one big happy family now. God Bless America.

The US has gone Nuts The US has gone Nuts
May '16

More ridiculous, inflammatory fear mongering. Change comes to the people who fight for it. You have lost the war o. Policing bathrooms. Just move on.

JelloMold JelloMold
May '16

Sad to think some of my neighbors are such backward thinking, angry people. Live and let live? That would be too easy i guess.

JelloMold JelloMold
May '16

Jello Mold, next up, one big locker room at your kids high school. Daughter (or son?) doesnt enjoy being ogled by a group of teenage boys? Too bad – her rights for superseded by the rights of others to ogle her her now .

The US has gone Nuts The US has gone Nuts
May '16

JelloMold - Ridiculous, inflammatory, and diversionary non-issue. Getting back to nature and camping, should the trees and bushes be marked as men, women or LGBT? When you gotta go, you gotta go. As an old friend said, "wherever you be may your pee be free". Just make it private.

DannyC DannyC
May '16

The left wing progressives will get their way here, perhaps they really want the whole country to be like San Francisco where the weirdo's can just piss right on other people in street - nooo problem, they're just exercising their rights after all, JelloMold (he, she, it?) would like that I guess. Just wait until the first pervert strikes in "gender neutral" bathroom, and it will happen without a doubt, then the howls of indignation will commence.

Cynic
May '16

The push to stop allowing people to identify their own children as male or female is on. Soon, those "gender reveal" cake parties will be outlawed, as will be pink or blue clothing. And birth certificates will not say gender, either.

ChristIsRisen ChristIsRisen
May '16

Re: Enjoy your transgender bathrooms. We just lost America.

I guess Klinger started it

Wondering
May '16

The article wasn't about bathrooms, remember?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '16

Right. It was about idiocy, of which plenty is on display here. Where's my popcorn?

Eperot Eperot
May '16

+1 Eperot

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '16

It literally doesn't mean sh:t.

DannyC DannyC
May '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.