All Paws Inn

Anyone have any experience with the doggie day care here? My dog has awful separation anxiety and me going to work everyday is the worst thing ever for him! Trying to find a day care close by to bring him to sometimes. Curious on opinions on this place - can't find many reviews on yelp or anywhere. Thanks!

Did you check out this old thread?

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/484343

I did but was hoping for some recent experiences. Things could change in a few years. I thought it was odd there are not really any reviews online, makes me leery. I'm a worrier when it comes to my son:)

Very clean facility. Ken and Chris have made a lot of updates in the past year. I don't know anything about the doggy daycare area, but for boarding, it is a very good and convenient kennel.

Stop by and visit one day, am sure they would be happy to give you a tour.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
May '16

We haven't used them for daycare, but have used them several times to kennel our dog for 2-3 nights while we are away. Very friendly people.

Our dog was a rescue dog with separation anxiety as well as confinment anxiety. I feel your pain. We tried everything, including meds. Finally got another older dog and that has helped him quite a bit. (Even though we had 2 cats in the house).

Good luck.

Hopeful Hopeful
May '16

Best way to cure dog anxiety is to give them something to play with and take their mind off you before you leave. For example, we give our dog a Kong toy filled with treats right before we walk out the door. By the time he finishes eating everything in about 15-20 mins we are long gone and it doesn't bother him we already left. This solved our anxiety problem and now he doesn't care at all if we leave.

Doggie time Doggie time
May '16

Definitely would recommend, my puppy has been boarded and has used daycare. Excellent care..., my pup loves going! Stop in and see for yourself .

outsider outsider
May '16

We use API for our girl for boarding. She is eager to go in and is exhausted when we pick her up. Nice people also:)

Blackcat Blackcat
May '16

my wife and I use Happy Tails Inn in Independence for our almost 14yo pup. while we haven't used them for daycare, they are excellent for boarding while we are away on vacation. they are a little out of the way for us but how they treat us and treat our "old man" is enough to continue to go back.

Joe Friday Joe Friday
May '16

Thanks all! Just what I wanted to hear, recent positive reviews. I will check them out.

And I've tried everything - he wants no part of playing/eating when he knows I'm leaving until I return. We moved here from Florida where he attended day care regularly and it was great so trying to find a similar place. Thanks again!

I also use Happy Tails Inn. My dog goes there 3 to 4 times a week and we also use them for boarding. The have a small yard for the little dogs and a big yard for the large dogs. The owners are excellent. My dog comes home happy and tuckered out.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
May '16

Before making a decision, visit them all.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
May '16

Agreed Nature Lover! And try to visit toward the end of a workday so you can talk to the other owners who are picking up.

Just Saying.... Just Saying....
May '16

My dog has severe anxiety also. We have had great experiences at all paws over the past year since finding them.

Jessica Jessica
May '16

I have used both Happy Tails & All Paws Inn. I prefer All Paws Inn. Every time I picked my dog up from Happy Tails I asked how he was etc. & they never had an answer for me. Chris at All Paws always has feedback for me. I suggest you check both out to see which might be the best fit for your fur baby.

HLamusesme HLamusesme
May '16

Happy Tails Inn Review: My mixed hound Rosie came to me with serious medical issues. Once Tranquility Animal Clinic took care of the medical, I was able to get 7# on her. That covered her bones.
I took her to Happy Tails Inn for Doggy Day Care, as Rosie did not know how to "make friends", she barked continually.
The 1st day I brought her, I truly expected a call , to come and pick her up.
No such call. She plays well with others, she has special friends, she runs with her friends on the 1 1/2 acre fenced in area. They are always attended to.
At the end of the day, I do hear who she played with, how gentle she is with the owners GS puppy.
She does come home exhausted. Over time she has developed muscle. She does appear very healthy. Everyone there has been kind to her.
When I say "let's go to school", she runs to the door, with her tail wagging
I can not thank them enough.
Susan Cecere + Rosie

Susan Cecere Susan Cecere
May '16

Thanks so much for the reviews! I plan to visit both of them this week. I'm looking for a place that I know they will pay attention and be able to tell me how he did so I need to feel them both out.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.