Foxes in Panther Valley

Never saw them before, and now past two days have seen them hunting and carrying prey. Anyone else notice the presence of foxes? Thought they were nocturnal, but am seeing them in the early evening.

PVRES PVRES
May '16

Not new have seen them in PV for years hunting rabbits in the morning. Beautiful animals!

PVpropertyowner PVpropertyowner
May '16

Foxes are not nocturnal. Out all the time. Can see them playing in the cemetary and by the river all the time, and in snowy fields in the winter.

Dansker Dansker
May '16

Funny you mention that. I saw a little guy yesterday staring me down as I drove past him on Ryan Rd near the red barn on the corner in Independence around 6:30PM. Never saw fox in the area.

They have been in this area for a long time.
I would say about 10 years ago there was one on my front lawn in the late afternoon. I am in the heart of Hackettstown --- a few blocks away from Main Street.

happiest girl
May '16

There's a family (6) pups living under my shed in Independence. I just noticed them last week. Animal Control said to call Fish & Wildlife if you want them removed. He said they could be there over the summer and will move on in early fall. I think I should make the call as they will only get bigger and will become a nuisance.

kb2755 kb2755
May '16

They can be very visible this time of year trying to feed their pups all day and night.

Fishmaker1 Fishmaker1
May '16

Had a really healthy-sized one at Paragon Village last night, carrying prey.

Really?
May '16

Petersburge Road can no longer free range my chickens, lost two already this spring to a fox.

Weedwacker Weedwacker
May '16

Anyone trigger happy out there, I want a fox pelt to decorate my hen house

Weedwacker Weedwacker
May '16

Drive around for a while. Sometimes bad luck strikes. You'll find your pelt.

Wish I had a fox by me. Damn vol's.

Roywhite Roywhite
May '16

If anyone finds the pups and mom has not been around - either message me or call
Antler Ridge Wildlife Sanctuary. We care for orphan wildlife until they are old enough to be released...........

4catmom 4catmom
May '16

Kits, not pups (-;

ianimal ianimal
May '16

ooops right --- I knew that

4catmom 4catmom
May '16

Spotted one 5:30AM Thursday in Highlands of Independence

Saw one about two weeks ago sitting in the driveway and then quickly ran to the back yard. If it wasn't for the flash of red color I would have thought it was a Shetland Pony since it was big enough for me to ride...

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.