What's the dillyo with this weather?! Will May be a washout? Bryan?

Long term forecast shows rain 6:7 days a week. No end in sight. I know complaining about the weather is kind of silly, but it is annoying after waiting all winter for outdoor activities! Bryan?! Anyone?! Reply with a ray of sunshine please :)

Rainraingobyebye
May '16

It's been killing my mood!!

Boost90 Boost90
May '16

Re: What's the dillyo with this weather?! Will May be a washout? Bryan?

Was going to post this on Friday funnies. This thread is more fitting.

auntiel auntiel
May '16

It's just balancing out an unusually warm and dry April.

I covered some high school sports in wonderful sunny weather in April.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '16

Was the winter all that bad for outdoor activities? It was 70 on Christmas and we had 1 snowstorm.

The heat will get here.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
May '16

I don't care about the heat. I just want to see the sun.

Courtney
May '16

Hard to get the garden going in this.

Dansker Dansker
May '16

I agree with Tracy. Soon enough it will 98 degrees with unbearable humidity. Don't rush it. I'm enjoying the cooler weather!

FredFinger FredFinger
May '16

Bring on the heat!!

Nosila Nosila
May '16

I think I'm beginning to mold.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
May '16

Wow, a month (basically) with little to no rain, it rains for 5 days and people start bitching... (BTW, it barely rained yesterday)

I, for one, am glad it's here- trying to grow grass is MUCH easier when mother nature supplies the water.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
May '16

This May weather feels more like April weather. But what are you going to about it. If this is the affect of the winter we had, I'll take this all the time.

Hank Arthur
May '16

It has rained more than 5 days and on the days it didn't, the skies were gloomy. This weather affects my mood. I know there is nothing to do but complaining does make me feel a little better. Most of my son's baseball practices and games have been cancelled. We are all going stir crazy.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
May '16

JR, it's not so much the last five days as the last five days combined with the next 10 days. Earlier this week, the forecast was for a great weekend. Now? Not so much...

ianimal ianimal
May '16

Hmm.. may be a good weekend for me to get out on the lake.

Sorry NJ folks!

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
May '16

Mark, that was cruel! The annoying part is that in Jersey you get 5 months (May-Sept) of potential warmth. Sure you get a nice day here or there but 7 months of expecting crappy weather gets old fast. Now 49 and raining. May 6th. Booo lol

JR, you're growing "grass"? How very libertarian of you (-;

ianimal ianimal
May '16

All this crappy weather has been limiting my treasure hunting. Hopefully tomorrow will be decent enough to search somewhere. I need to move to a warmer climate.

Ian, I'm QUITE libertarian... of ALL kinds of "grass", which may surprise you. While I don't partake myself, (never have), "grass" (all kinds) is good for...alot of stuff.

But yeah, growing grass so my dog's paws don't come back in the house with MUD lol

May '16

So much of humanity has separated themselves from nature ~ it is sad and somewhat disturbing to me.

Given the unprecedented extreme weather, of all types, all over the globe, the possibility of extended drought, or intense heat, is very real.

Spoiled outings & events, low moods ~ sure, all true and legit feelings. But catastrophic weather is a reality. Personally, I am grateful for replenishing moisture in the aquifer, lakes and rivers. I adore Jersey corn and tomatoes, as well as all local produce, and early spring cool dampness is a blessing.

Just sharing a reflection of my personal priorities. The sun will return, and we will be (hopefully) all the more grateful because of its absence! Peace all.

jeff, you are right, we really need the rain - but this weather makes people whiny! Lack of sun - alters emotional state for some, but for me, makes me verrry sleeepy.....

pmnsk pmnsk
May '16

I DO wish we could get rain & sun at the same time, that would solve everything lol. Just the other day- thursday- we got some sun for about an hour in the evening... I took the dog out for a walk and we basked in the little bit of sun we had all week. It was glorious.

The joy is in the little things.

May '16

MAN - Put off buying that pocket hose, and the plants are thriving. A good deal for now.

DannyC DannyC
May '16

Be sure to take your Vitamin D supplement :)

Where's Little Orpan Annie when you need her?

Jefferson, that's when my husband ran out to mow our jungle!

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
May '16

Ah... 84 degrees and sunny. Finally got my kayak out on Lake Hartwell for a bit.

Lots of people boating and swimming... how's the weather up there?

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
May '16

LOL Mark.

I thought I saw the sun but it turns out it was just my floodlight coming on because it was so gloomy.

emaxxman emaxxman
May '16

Talk about a nuisance type weather pattern we're in! Since this time last week, Sunday May 1, the Pequest Fish Hatchery near me has only recorded about 1.75" of rain. Hardly a washout when you spread that out over 7 days. Pretty incredible how persistent the clouds and mist/drizzle has been the last week.

Looks like we get some sun today and Monday with a return to an unsettled pattern (showery type weather) Tuesday night all the way thru to the weekend...Grrr!

84 in the beginning of may?!?!? NO THANKS! Let me know how you're enjoying 90F with 90% humidity when June rolls around LOL

May '16

Looks like the forecast has changed for next week, nary a sign of rain....

May '16

Hope you're right, JR.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
May '16

Lol JR... it gets like that in NJ too!

I'll be spending lots of time at the lake. ;)

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
May '16

Mark, yes, it does... IN JULY AND AUGUST. In NC, you will always be "ahead of schedule" on the heat arriving, and "behind schedule" on cooler fall temps arriving

May '16

Wow Jefferson Rep, yep especially Wed and Thurs definitely looking better weather wise now then what was being predicted yesterday.

But today turned into a spectacular day...

we are breaking out of a typical April pattern that had a high in the Atlantic was not allowing the low(s) to move and were stuck on the east coast (we did need the rain)... it will be sunny for the next few days everyone enjoy... I am not sure but I think Bryan only follows snow and extreme thunder storms...

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
May '16

Another great day!!

pmnsk pmnsk
May '16

Another beauuuutiful May weekend coming up!

Iskender
May '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.