Stressed Out Bride Seeks Scrumptious Baker

Good Afternoon! I am getting married this summer and while I have ALMOST everything planned, I do not have a baker yet for our desserts. We would like to have a small 6'' cake for my fiance and I to cut and share (Nothing elaborate or fancy), and then for the rest of our guests we would like to serve various fruit pies, cookies, and brownies. We have approximately 180 guests. It is an outdoor summer wedding and we will be having bbq food (should be fun!!) and we would like to keep that theme going with the desserts. Any ideas, local bakers, or recommendations are welcome!! Thank you all for your help :)

Bride2Be Bride2Be
May '16

I don't know how much you would like to spend, but why not look into wicked good cupcakes. They make cupcakes and fruit pies in mason jars. I know you didn't mention cupcakes, but I thought that would be a cute idea since you're having a bbq.
I have always bought my cakes from shop rite and they have always been delicious.
They also have delicious brownies, fruit pies, etc. Check them out and congratulations!!

Stella G's! Maureen is the best baker around!

RosieG RosieG
May '16

Harper's on Main Street. Best cakes around.

Harris Harris
May '16

Hi,

My name is Melanie Jones, I work in a restaurant and I bake a lot at home, both from scratch. I live in hackettstown , and would love to meet up with you and your fiance to discuss further if you are interested. I have pictures available, and can provide samples as desired from me personally, or the restaurant, in which m
A meeting can be set up with the owners for catering. I'm not sure what your budget is but hope this info helps. Thank you!

Contact info:

Email: mjzumba23@gmail.com

Phone: 908-887-2831

Melanie Jones Melanie Jones
May '16

There is a wonderful bakery in Long Valley owned by a British couple, cannot remember name tho.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
May '16

Megan Thomas is really good. Her number is (908) 979-1477

https://www.facebook.com/CreativeConfectionsByMeganThomas/?pnref=about.overview

Larry M Darst Larry M Darst
May '16

I went to a summer wedding once. They hired waiters to dress as old time ice cream men, you know all dressed in white with those little white paper hats. The ice cream sandwiches and bars were in trays strapped to there backs. They went from table to table giving the guests their choice. It was the most coolest (no pun) and fun thing I ever saw at a wedding. That was 20 yrs. ago. Also in California. Don't know where or how they did it. I bet if you searched it you could come up with something similar. Have fun.

auntiel auntiel
May '16

I second Shop Rite's bakery for both price and quality.

Parental Unit Parental Unit
May '16

The one in Long Valley is called 'Cake Fiction'

Nature Lover Nature Lover
May '16

Takes the Cake did a cake for my daughter's first birthday part. It looked and tasted amazing! the best cake I have ever had.

https://www.facebook.com/kellycrosscake/?fref=ts

A friend of mine.... she's a helluva singer too!

Desserts by Lauren
https://www.facebook.com/dessertfirstbylauren/
(908) 763-0659

I don't think she has a webpage, other than Facebook.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
May '16

Sweet Spot Bake Shoppe in Chester. Cupcake Wars winner and delicious products. Also very nice people.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
May '16

I have tried several places mentioned. Went to Walmart bakery. Reasonable, nice people to work with and delicious.

Used them for church affairs and our 50th anniversary party.

Trie it - you will like it.

Bernie Bernie
May '16

http://www.avascupcakes.com.

They did an incredible snail cake using cup cakes for my daughters fifth birthday. A far cry from weddings but their work transcends all occasions.

Bakers Perfection in Rockaway made our wedding cake 10 years ago and we will be getting our 10th anniversary cake from them as well. The place we were married at in Kinnelon used them for all of their catering events and they supply the wedding cakes at a lot of banquet facilities in this area. We had a small cake for pictures and cutting and a full sheet of the same sort of cake in the back - I specifically requested that because it's honestly a lot less expensive and easier to cut/serve quickly. Your guests would have no idea either because the sheet cake is in the kitchen. We did NOT have a traditional white cake because neither of us really like that. We had chocolate cake with fresh raspberry filling and chocolate mousse icing. It was amazing. They can do whatever you want though. I also had our florist decorate the cake instead of using a traditional topper. I'll try to find a picture and post it.

Here is the bakery info:

http://www.bakersperfection.biz

Antimony Antimony
May '16

I'm still chuckling over the title of the thread! ; )

Lamppost Lamppost
May '16

Sweet Spot Bake Shoppe in Chester. I have used them multiple times for different events. They are wonderful.

Steph Steph
May '16

Thank you so much everyone! Very helpful!

Bride2Be Bride2Be
May '16

me too lamp....... was hoping for a lineup of "scrumptious" baker pictures!! LOL! Just kidding - I wish OP the best of luck finding the perfect baker!

pmnsk pmnsk
May '16

You should take a visit to Sweet Empire baker on Rt 57 in DMV mall Washington..Sample her desserts..Located across from Dollar Tree...her stuff looks Awesome

Lauren Lauren
May '16

I purchased several cakes from Walmart! And they do a great job for a reasonable price! And people won't know it came from Walmart!

Depends on your budget Walmart.... Shoprite ? Great bakers do work on side try finding one that specializes in this. Many apprenticeships starting out may good.

Ben there Ben there
May '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.