Roomba

We are thinking of purchasing a Roomba and are looking for some reviews.
How well does it work on pet hair?
Is it noisy?
How often does it recharge?
Would you recommend it?

The Man The Man
May '16

We just bought a Roomba for Christmas. We have a very hairy Rottweiler who leaves his black hair everywhere. It works really well but you have to make sure to clean it out after each use and make sure your surroundings are appropriate for it. We use it only on our main floor and part of it was carpeted and the other hard-wood floors. It was always getting stuck under the couch or bookshelves and then run out of gas. It does come with sensor blockers if you need to keep it away from an area. The good thing is we replaced all of our carpet and it glides nice and easy on our wood floors without getting stuck under the furniture.

It can be noisy but we set the timer for when we are away at work. We also put the dog away when its running because he doesn't like it and wants to attack it.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
May '16

I second what Jazzykat said except the model I have doesn't have a timer. Also mine gets stuck under my coffee table so I put something there to block it.
I have a black long haired Swedish Lapphund as well as 2 cats and a bird all of which shed A LOT and Roomba does a pretty good job. I say it's good for in between vacuuming, at least in my house.

I don't have a Roomba, but I have the Scooba to wash my kitchen floor. This worked great for about 2 years. I find it is a bit noisy. You do have to be careful to clean it out thoroughly after each cleaning.

Recently it stopped working and we're trying to figure out what went wrong.

hktownie hktownie
May '16

I would love one but pretty sure my dogs would attack it. They have one that goes back to the charging station on its own

Nosila Nosila
May '16

We bought a roomba a few months ago because we have 4 cats. My biggest complaint is how noisy it is, but it works great! I'm happy to let it sweep and vacuum for me.

smilingbecs smilingbecs
May '16

Hktownie. We have a scuba we are trying to sell. It was my mother in laws. We don't have a charger for it not sure how old it is. But if you want it make an offer

I was an early convert and went though a number of DIU repairs and replacements. It was pre the pet version and I have pets. Loved the concept, did what it claimed, but durability was not there in the early versions. Moved to Dyson for high tech cleaning.

stangerdanger stangerdanger
May '16

4 Yellow labs, 1 border collie, 2 kids.

It looked like a car stuck in a snow bank.

We also have a central vac, wouldn't call a Dyson high tech it still just sucks up dirt.
And not as well as cheaper vacuums.

If you don't like to vacuum and still want it done I believe they have these things they call "house cleaners"

Hack1234 Hack1234
May '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.