LOST big black cat, Prospect St.; "Magic"

LOST big black cat, Prospect St.;

Hi. My family and I are searching for our lost cat. He is a huge part of our family and has been missing since 4/28/2016. His name is Magic. His breed is Norwegian Forest. He is about 10-12 lbs. long black hair, with a few white hairs. He has big green eyes. We live on prospect st. In Hackettstown. If you have any information please call Ashley 973-900-0991 anytime! Thank you for your help.

Ashley Lavine Ashley Lavine
Apr '16

Is it west or east prospect? I can look for him. He is a beauty.

A good day
Apr '16

Hi, it is east. Thank you so much. He is a beauty and a wonderful cat.

Apr '16

Have you caled nearby vets, shelters, and animal control? (Kim Bennett 908-625 0106. Also check neighbors sheds and garages. Is he normally an indoor/outdoor cat?

Dansker Dansker
Apr '16

Yes I spoke with Kim and gave her a picture and description of him as well. Spoke with hackettstown animal hospital. Thank you for your help. I would rather him not be outdoors due to what is going on right now. However he enjoys the backyard and wonders sometimes but he always comes home numerous times a day and always in bed with me at night. I have reached out to a few neighbors.

Apr '16

I will add your post to the Pet Adoption League's Pets on Parade facebook page!
there is also the Lost Pets of NJ FB page and you can post on the yardsale FB pages too I believe. There is Hackettstown Garage Sale.

Snickfly Snickfly
May '16

Thank you so much. My fiancé and I do not have FB. So we aren't able to post anything on there. Thank you. I had someone call me yesterday saying there was a post in mt. Olive that a black cat was found. I called the number off the post but did not get any answer. :(

May '16

Ashley..you've got mail

Bessie Bessie
May '16

Hi Bessie, thank you I just replied. You've got mail.

May '16

I will go out to look first thing tomorrow morning, what is a cross street by you?
Prayers he is found soon! Have you put out a blanket or a piece of your clothing for the scent? I've also heard if you put out their litter box, they may pick up their scent.

Molly
May '16

Hi Bessie thank you so much for emailing me about the cat sighting. I hope it is him. He is so missed. I haven't lost hope though. I feel like he is out there, waiting to be found. Looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow. Thank you so much for caring for him, and helping me out in the search.

Bessie, I hit reply and sent the above message to you. Sorry it didn't get to you.

May '16

I saw a large black cat out last evening crossing over Mountain ave - just north of Quick Check - running behind the houses there. I do not know if it is Magic - that would be a bit of a distance from Prospect and I know that there are some feral cats near there. This cat - from the glimpse I had, is a long hair black cat.

pmnsk pmnsk
May '16

Ashley, not Magic, so sorry. I had been hoping. He will keep an eye out for your kitty though.

Bessie Bessie
May '16

:( thank you for checking Bessie.

Molly thank you for the tips. Put his cat box outside this morning.

Pmnsk - thank you for the info. I will head over there today and call for him.

Thank you all so much!

May '16

Hope you find him.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
May '16

While riding on Rt. 46 the other day, I did see a black cat crossing Tannery Rd.; a very small side rd. between Russling & 46. Couldn' t tell if it was long or short hair, just a black cat. Kind of far up from Prospect, but you never know. I sure hope you find him.
Elaine

Elaine Elaine
May '16

Has Magic been found?

Jesse123 Jesse123
May '16

Hi Jesse, no magic is still missing. I'm still hopeful. I'm Still looking for him everyday. The weather will be decent today, I'm going to make flyers to drop off in mailboxes and hang on some posts.

May '16

I saw a big black cat around Peach Tree Village complex on Saturday night around sunset. Hope it helps.

Lauren Lauren
May '16

Lauren, thank you for the info. I don't have any idea where peach tree village complex is. Can you help me out with direction or what it may be near. I'm still getting use to the area...

May '16

My neighbor mentioned seeing a healthy 'all black' cat today in panther valley. I will keep an eye out. Hopefully your cat will be found soon. Have you put up flyers up around town?

Peach Tree is the complex t corner of Route 46 and East Ave, I believe. A hike from prospect but not impossible. Don't give up.

Dansker Dansker
May '16

Hi everyone thank you for still keeping hope for magic being found. I am in he process of making flyers to leave on posts and on mailboxes. My printer ran out of ink... They will be up later today.

Dansker and LH thank you for the info. On my way to check it out. Hope he is still around.

May '16

Where is panther valley?

May '16

Panther Valley is the gated community off of 517. The entrance is just north of the strip mall that has the 7-11. in it.

Calico696 Calico696
May '16

I just want to ask everyone if there is ever a siting please don't hesitate to call me I am usually available anytime and will come almost immediately to come see if it is him. Thank you all again. I just want to bring my guy home. It is getting harder and harder with each day that passes. Thanks again. 973-900-0991

May '16

I put some food out last night. I will give my neighbor your phone number. If the cat shows up again. I can put flyers up if you'd like. Did you try setting a trap by your house (during the day only). Otherwise you'll catch everyone but raccoon possum, etc.

Prospect street is quite long, can you give me a general area? (cross street). Have you knocked on doors asking neighbors check garages and sheds? I will keep looking!

Molly
May '16

I have not knocked on doors yet. That is the plan to do today as we leave flyers out. We are on East prospect street. Mars M&M factory is right behind our house. I have not out out a trap. Just his cat box hoping he would pick up his scent.

LH - thank you so much I hope he returns. Call me anytime!!!

May '16

Maybe walk around M&M if that is allowed. Maybe Magic crossed the street and is scared to cross back over. I live on East Prospect, will call u asap if we see him.

pumpkin43 pumpkin43
May '16

Can you please keep your eyes out for Jack as well black and grey Bengal striped make with green eyes went missing same time as magic right before the rainy 2 weeks, sorry to jump on this thread but he may have roamed as far as easy prospect... Katie 973.650.2709

Katie Mcdonald Katie Mcdonald
May '16

Keeping an eye out for both cats. Hope they get home soon. It is so heart-breaking!

Dansker Dansker
May '16

Hi Katie. Yes I will keep an eye out for your guy as well. He's a big guy from the looks of the picture, and beautiful and sweet. Best wishes with the search.

Thank you pumpkin, I will head over there and search. Maybe I can keep am post over there with them too!!! Thanks for the tip

May '16

THANK YOU!!! So nerve racking, I know what you're going through and have been looking out for Magic also.

May '16

Thank you Katie. Means so much. It's heart breaking. I can't stand it. Everyday, I'm just waiting to see him on the back porch, or at the front door just hanging out sun bathing like he use to. :( miss him so much.

May '16

Let me know if anything after you speak to Tim...

May '16

Hi Katie, good news! It was not magic. I still have hope I can find him now. Glad the search didn't end in tragedy. Making my flyers today with my daughter. Thank you for your help.

May '16

That's awesome news!!! Thanks for telling me!!! I am so excited for you.. I need to make flyers tomorrow as well!!!

May '16

The weather has been terrible. Tomorrow is looking good. Hoping to get them hung tomorrow. Praying for a safe return for our guys...

May '16

Continuing prayers for both of your furbabies. Hope they get home soon!

Dansker Dansker
May '16

I saw a black cat on Friday. It was trying to cross 46 by Scrub A Dub Doggie. I just saw this post now. Hope you find him!

Justamom Justamom
May '16

I hope Magic has come home, I walk the area at least once a day, cats usually don't stray far from home. I REALLY recommend that you hang flyers around the neighborhood, it's the best way to get sightings!! There are a couple of cats always roaming, I wouldn't want your neighbors to think Magic is just a stray. Prayers he is found soon!

Molly
May '16

Hi I have also lost cat in area and got a reply from friend on FB that might pertain to you...the said saw one on Donaldson farm area kenley Rd. Also report of cat seen on Mt rascal road. Hope this helps you :/

Elizabeth C Elizabeth C
May '16

Hi molly, I did hang some flyers. Mostly around my neighborhood and on Main Street which is right next to our house. We found a cat identical to magic in long valley off of 46 but it was not magic... What a coincidence... And a let down. I'm still looking every day. I also left flyers on mailboxes. Everyone has been so helpful. I am so so touched by everyone help.
I am going to to hang more flyers. Bc I feel like what I've done isn't enough. I'm also worried the neighborhood will get upset if I hang to many...

Elizabeth thank you so much for the tip. I will be let you know after I get there. Thanks again...

May '16

Hi Ashley, I hope I am not giving you false hope but I have seen a black cat on our property now 3 times in the last 2 weeks. I saw him yesterday outside in front of our house and my husband just told me that he saw him again in the same area this morning. Maybe it's Magic? Would be more than happy to let you put a Haveahart trap on our property.

azgirl69 azgirl69
Aug '16

Hi azgirl. Next time you see him please try to get a picture and send to me. 973-900-0991. I do not have a trap. I just had surgery. So I am not able to jump in my car. However my mom is here with me taking care of me and she would be able to come check the area. Magic use to be her kitty. So please do not hesitate to call me and give me some more information so we can check the area. Thank you so much. I am still hopeful he is alive.

Ashley Ashley
Aug '16

Hi Ashley, I saw the kitty again this morning. Just sitting out in the front of the house. Then a bit later as I was leaving for work, he/she was by a neighbor's house and got either a mouse or a chipmunk as I could see it was holding something in it's mouth. I tried calling him by his name but I couldn't really tell if he understood. I have only seen him in the morning, not in the evening. Your mom is more than welcome to come by and scout the area. I will text you with more information. I am praying that it is indeed Magic.

azgirl69 azgirl69
Aug '16

Ok great. Thank you. Looking very forward to your text.

Ashley Ashley
Aug '16

Re: LOST big black cat, Prospect St.;

I saw a long haired black cat on Mitchell. (The road behind quick check on mountain ave) I took a photo and called animal control. Kim (aco) did search the area for the cat, but the cat had left the area. When I searched the forum earlier, I did not see this posting, otherwise I would have called you. I posted the photo to the right of this comment.

That does not look like magic to me. However thank you so much for contacting me. It is very appreciated.

Ashley Ashley
Feb '17

Ashley, I'm sorry it's not magic

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.