LOST Black Toy Poodle in PV, "Luke"

Our 7lb Toy Poodle Luke is missing since last night. He's friendly. Weighs 7lbs. Has an owl collar but unfortunately his name tag and dog license fell off. Please call Karen if you find him or have seen him. Thanks. 201-925-0380

Karen Zuidema Karen Zuidema
Apr '16

You may want to provide a location and name

Nosila Nosila
Apr '16

And a picture really helps.

Karen, are you related to a Paul Zuidema?

ianimal ianimal
Apr '16

Luke was last seen in the meadows section of Panther Valley. He is a small black toy poodle

Re: LOST Black Toy Poodle in PV,

Here he is

Did u notify the front gate?

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Apr '16

Prayers for a safe return. We will spread the word to our neighbors and keep an eye out here in PV.

BrandyB BrandyB
Apr '16

He is adorable! I will keep an eye out for him, fingers crossed you have already found him...

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Apr '16

Prayers for safe return

Dog lover
Apr '16

Thanks for all your comments and support. Luke was last seen at 7 pm in the woods next to 105 Indigo Rd. Apparently someone went to grab him a scared him. We have not heard or spotted him since. He had an owl collar and is very sweet and friendly but easily frightened. Keep him in your prayers.

Apr '16

Just walked around the block. Stopped and scanned the woods but didn't see him. Will do it again later.

Sam25 Sam25
Apr '16

Is there any updates on this little guy? Please let me know. I work in PV and I have been keeping a eye out for him.

Gurtie Gurtie
Apr '16

Unfortunately we still haven't found him. We really appreciate everyone helping us find him and if you continued to search for him that would be amazing we really miss him. Thanks again for all the help so far

Christophe Goyette Christophe Goyette
Apr '16

Probably a dumb comment but have you called all the animal control officers in the area, the none emergency number for the police stations in the area, local vets, and make sure you put up lots of posters

Nosila Nosila
Apr '16

Poor little guy! He must be getting hungry. Maybe a trap with food?

hktownie hktownie
Apr '16

I know your pain.... unfortunately "been there, done that" I live right down the road and I am looking for him every time I'm out. My kids were flying their drone around yesterday looking for him too. You're in our prayers

Dallas Dallas
Apr '16

Can u put flyers out on Alphan Road? Hope u find him.

Nature lover Nature lover
Apr '16

I saw on Facebook that Common Sense for Animals posted a dog that someone found. It was a black poodle and looked small. Maybe give them a call. Good luck.

Ihatebees Ihatebees
Apr '16

Has Luke been found? I'm hoping the post earlier was Luke found! I will keep a look out for him!

Justlookingaround Justlookingaround
Apr '16

Was that Luke oat Common Sense?

Dansker Dansker
Apr '16

I'm very curious to know if that was him at common sense for animals !!! Saw the pic and it looked like Luke!

Dog lover
Apr '16

Please let us know if Luke has been found. Saw his flyer at Post Office this a.m.

Apr '16

The dog on common sense was not Luke he is still missing

Apr '16

Good luck and prayers for a safe return. My Miniature Poodle likes to roam and it is a problem. On the other hand, my Pomeranian won't roam at all...

Hi. We still haven't found Luke but we're hopeful. Working with a dog tracker. She explained to us that animals have instincts for survival. He's in what's called flight mode so he's looking for water. He'll survive in deer dropping Yuch but whatever it takes. If tore out walking go towards water sources and look for a little black ball. It may be my baby. Thanks for all the support and love. ❤️

Apr '16

I'm reaching out too everyone for help. I spoke to an animal intuitive and she's indicated that Luke is trapped in someone's garage or shed likely within Panther Valley. Please put out the word for neighbors to look in their garages and to ask their neighbors to look in their garages, it appears that it might be a family that's away and unaware that he's trapped. Please let's find Luke.

Apr '16

We will keep looking and will definitely spread the word to look in all garages and sheds.

Continued prayers for a safe return for sweet Luke.

BrandyB BrandyB
Apr '16

I need anyone who in interested in being part of a search and rescue team to find my little boy Luke tomorrow morning. We'll be meeting at my home 106 Indigo Rd in Panther Valley at 9:30 am offering coffee and donuts. Please spread the word thanks so much.

Apr '16

Did you try all the construction equipment and storage in the meadows...there is a trailer in the section they just cleared behind blazingstar way

Lives in PV Lives in PV
Apr '16

Karen, I will be there , I live in your building.

BrandyB BrandyB
Apr '16

So hope you find him, good luck.

Apr '16

If anyone can help today it would be great.....to find this little guy.

Josepcan Josepcan
Apr '16

You dont want too many people out looking in the woods. You are better off using volunteers to spread the word and post flyers around. If people are walking in the woods and stuff you will have a better chance of pushing him further away.

Nosila Nosila
Apr '16

Any luck with the search this morning? Were you able to check out any sheds/garages? Praying you find him soon! Been there done that, and wouldn't wish it on anyone!

Dansker Dansker
Apr '16

I live right down the road. I'll continue to look. If he's looking for water, has anyone looked in the drain system out back?? I'll look there when I get home from work. I see cats go in/out of there all the time.

Dallas Dallas
Apr '16

Dallas, I was on my walk when I read your post. I did look in both drainage tunnels that are in back of Moutain Ridge and I looked around the retaining wall area. It's a good idea for us all to check periodically.

We also have a lot of neighbors that have furniture out on their patios that have covers on them. It's a good idea for us to look under them.

I am going to snoop around the new construction in the Meadows in a bit.

BrandyB BrandyB
Apr '16

Breaks my heart .... I'll keep looking and praying

Dallas Dallas
Apr '16

I remember reading once someone suggesting grilling bacon outside. If he is close to home, maybe he will smell it and will be lured close enough to catch him. Keep hoping I will click on this thread and he will be home with his family.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Apr '16

You may want to bring some McDonald cheeseburger or Arby Roast Beef. If he's hungry, he may smell it. However as one of our member learned, becareful of the bears in the woods also! Do not scream for him as he may think he's in trouble. Call for him as you would if it was play or dinner time.

Good luck! Will be praying that he comes home soon!

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Apr '16

Any sightings of this little guy? Praying he comes home soon!

Molly
Apr '16

Someone called the front gate today and said they saw a small black dog on Cardinal drive in Panther valley. I walked up and down the road and didn't see him. If you live near Cardinal drive please keep an eye out for a black toy poodle.
908 619 2251
201 925 0380

Apr '16

Continued prayers for Luke! I fly home tomorrow from a work trip and will continue my walks and search.

BrandyB BrandyB
Apr '16

Christophe & Karen - we are looking for him every day. Please post again if you are going to do another group search.

team.mebradar team.mebradar
Apr '16

I know u cannot post signs in PV, but could you put one at each gate outside ... Would they make an exception for you? Praying you find him.

Apr '16

Nature Lover there are signs there already.

TeamMebradar TeamMebradar
Apr '16

there are 2 Cardinals.............the short one by the lake is closer to his home - and that area leads to the woods - hope he is found.....soon

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '16

a sighting is good news

Nosila Nosila
Apr '16

A sighting is good news! This little boy needs to be found and reunited with his people. I'll continue searching as well

Dallas Dallas
Apr '16

Karen - I have sent out a mass email to the entire PV group, which is quite a lot of people so hopefully you have as many eyes as possible keeping a lookout for him. Hoping for a safe return!

Bumpig this up. Any more sightings? Praying your boy gets home soon.

Dansker Dansker
Apr '16

We are still searching everyday for Lucas and we greatly appreciate everyone that is helping us find him. We miss him so much and are praying that someone brings him home to us it hasn't been the same since he's been gone so please contact us if you see him
201 925 0380
908 619 2251

May '16

How did Luke get lost in the first place? Praying for a safe return. Keep us posted!

Doglover
May '16

Thanks everyone for your help in finding our little boy Luke. Last sighting was on Upper Mallard across from the scenic overlook. He is in flight mode so the best thing anyone could do if they see him is call us with the exact location. Please don't chase after him, it could drive him further away from home. Thanks Karen 201 925 0380
Christophe 908 619 2251

May '16

Have you thought about a trap?

Nosila Nosila
May '16

A trap may not be a bad idea. Could be worth the try. If I see that baby, I will stay with him (at a non-threatening distance) until I can reach Karen or Chris. I programmed their numbers in my cell. Still praying for this little one's safe return

Dallas Dallas
May '16

My trap is being returned this evening - you are welcome to borrow it - big enough for your pup - pm me if interested

4catmom 4catmom
May '16

You shoudl really try a trap- however, you have to not be scared of opening a trap and letting anything that is not your pup out.

Nosila Nosila
May '16

Any updates?

May '16

Since there have been no updates, one can only assume he is still missing :-(

Dallas Dallas
May '16

Still praying for Luke's return.

Natari Natari
May '16

:( We're looking too. I'm checking this post everyday hoping I see good news soon!
Don't give up, Luke will be back

JayP831 JayP831
May '16

Also checking this post at least once a day hoping for "found". Don't stop looking, had a little shetland collie that finally got home after almost 3 months. Miracles happen.

Dansker Dansker
May '16

Any more sightings of Luke?

stressed out stressed out
May '16

Hi everyone. Update in Luke. Recent sighting on Osprey Rd in Panther Valley one at night and one during the day. So please be on the lookout. I'm working with an incredible dog trapper. She'll be setting up a feeding station so the best thing you could do is call me directly if you see him. Please don't try to grab him, it make make him run deeper into the woods or worse further away from our community. Thanks for your continued support.

May '16

Thank goodness he has at least been seen! Prayers with you, the trapper and Luke.

Dansker Dansker
May '16

Sending Luke positive vibes to come home ..prayers for you all.

May '16

Good to know he has been seen recently. I still look everyday, as do my children. Continued prayers coming your way

Dallas Dallas
May '16

This is right by me and I walk my dog in that whole area after work everyday. I will be on close lookout! I told BrandyB to give you my phone number and you can set up a station outside my townhouse or whatever you need, just let me know.

We'll be looking too. I have the picture of Luke and your phone number saved on my phone.

JayP831 JayP831
May '16

Just found out.I know what you are going through.I lost Roxie my miniature black poodle last year for 1 week by at happy tails inn.The owner and I we got her back by putting up a trap,needs to be large enought.Drop your close and hair and treats around the ares where he has last been seen.Put up the trap with meat,chicken,a sweater of yours unwashed.He will go in there.The poodles are very fast moving and they won't come to you when you call after they started living outside.The owner of happy tails helped me a lot.I will pray and hope.Anything I can do please call

poookie poookie
May '16

Sounds like some very good advice Poookie!

Dallas Dallas
May '16

My heart is going out for you,Karen and Luke.I live in oak hills,please call if you need extra help.Again,I am hoping and praying and sending healing energy your way.I am praying hard for a miracle.Miracles happen.

poookie poookie
May '16

Luke is small,but make sure the traps are large enough and smelly favorite food in them and your clothing.Put many traps out and locate them where ever sightings were reported.

poookie poookie
May '16

Any updates?

JayP831 JayP831
May '16

Has there been anymore sightings of the little guy? I work in Panther Valley and look everyday. Please give a update.

Gurtie Gurtie
Jun '16

I still look every day also. Sure would love to know that I am wasting my time because he has been found........ Please update :-)

Dallas Dallas
Jun '16

I would guess that Luke has not been found and am sure very painful for Karen. I am still hoping for a miracle.

Jun '16

Yes, please update. I still see posters around the area for Luke. I wonder if he would head for that empty barn on the opposite side of 517?

hktownie hktownie
Jun '16

He is still missing......

Josepcan Josepcan
Jun '16

https://www.facebook.com/AWSOMANIMALS/ This may be a longshot, but a male mini poodle was found in PA (not too far over the border) ... his pic is posted on A.W.S.O.M. Facebook sight ... a poster there even made mention about your little guy ... if someone picked him up and then he got loose it could be him. Please check out the link and prayers that Luke finds his way home soon :)

I hope that's him ! Good luck to the owners! Plz keep us updated!

Hackmom Hackmom
Jun '16

Here is the photo they posted of the found poodle. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully they are still checking this forum .. Would hate for them not to see this.

Fingers crossed that this is Luke.

Jun '16

I'm going to text her..... Long shot but worth the look

Dallas Dallas
Jun '16

I just e-mailed the OP to let them know to check the site

Karen is checking it out. Fingers crossed

Dallas Dallas
Jun '16

So sad.

It's not Luke :-(

But the poodle posted has found his family :-)

Dallas Dallas
Jun '16

Saw on FB Found in Fredon - black poodle looks like he's been lost for a long time Fredon Animal Hospital has him

HopeitsLuke HopeitsLuke
Apr '18

Wow, poor pup looks like he been through hell. If Luke was never found, I hope its him.

maja2 maja2
May '18

I just confirmed owner has been found. Was hoping it was Luke when I saw post too..but it was not.

Candace joseph Candace joseph
May '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.