Local area to appear on HGTV tonight

There will be an episode of the brand new HGTV show "We Bought the Farm" airing tonight at 11:30. Three of the farms are in Northern Warren County and one is in Southern Sussex County.

http://www.hgtv.com/shows/we-bought-the-farm

John Kruk John Kruk
Apr '16

I will be watching John.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '16

You were great, John!

John, saw the show. I loved it!! It's amazing how I had no clue where these properties were.
Congratulations to them and their new home!!

Missed it and it doesn't look like it is airing again anytime soon except in the middle of the night. Where was the farm that was chosen?

Missy Missy
Apr '16

@Missy it was on Shades of Death Rd, the Allamuchy side.

Loved the show and was so excited that it was Warren County!

goldenretriever4 goldenretriever4
Apr '16

It was good show. Can't believe those properties are available for that price. I think $550,000.00 range. They were fantastic.

A good day
Apr '16

Sorry I missed it - hopefully it will repeat soon.

Christopher, you seemed very comfortable on camera. They somehow made the area look really nice on TV too. Hopefully they will come back this way sometime.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Apr '16

Comcast viewers can watch it on demand.

outsider outsider
Apr '16

John- Awesome job. We bought our house at the end of Oct and you were the listing agent.

Nosila Nosila
Apr '16

Thanks Lynn! I have Comcast and none of the episodes are available.

Missy Missy
Apr '16

A good day ---

I was also amazed that the properties were in the $400,000 - $500,000 range.
So much land and structures besides the main dwelling.
Don't know how this could be -- and wonderng what the taxes are ??

happiest girl
Apr '16

Missy- Yes, they are I just watched it- I had to type it in for it to come up

Nosila Nosila
Apr '16

Ok I tried at 6am this morning….maybe they were added today. I will try again. Thx!

Missy Missy
Apr '16

Yes it is there now! Great!

Missy Missy
Apr '16

Just watched it-what fun to see familiar sights!

summerrain summerrain
Apr '16

I'm glad you all liked it. The crew was amazing and it was great to experience the television industry from the inside. The homes each had taxes in the $7,000 to $10,000 range. I tried to get them to go to one of my more dramatic listings (over 250 acres), but the show is all about folks leaving the city to enjoy the farm life, and the prices need to be reachable to the masses so the viewers can picture this transformation happening to them. Understandable strategy as the ratings are through the roof. They will likely come here again.

The large parcel I wanted them to film ended up closing last Friday as the highest priced residential sale in Warren County history at $2,950,000. Here is a video of it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dBx7j84V4Bo

John Kruk John Kruk
Apr '16

Nice home. Paired well with the 2nd movement of the Mozart clarinet concerto. :)

fujixt1 fujixt1
Apr '16

Cool property in Hope. Never knew that was there and grew up a few miles away.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '16

I saw the episode on Friday night. That was pretty cool I had no idea you were on the show. First I saw Warren county so it got my attention then I saw Mattar's and then John. That was pretty surreal. Nice job John. That was a great episode.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Jul '16

Great show ..so nice to see the local area. I think the road noise would have put me off tho.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Jul '16

Thanks Bryan, I hope all is well down south...The farm that I sold is now a CSA and they have amazing organic meats and other items for sale. Check them out at:

http://www.growingdirt.com

John Kruk John Kruk
Jul '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.