Panther Valley police and crime scene

Does anyone know what happened in Panther Valley. My co worker just moved into a new place in the Meadows section. And she woke up to a full crime scene investi gation set up a block behind her. There are ambulances, police, a crime scene van, etc... I tried to look up online on the emergency site and saw nothing. And as of 5 mins ago there were 3 state trooper cars with troopers parked at the front gate.

halloweenguy halloweenguy
Mar '16

Seems to be a homicide.

http://wrnjradio.com/rnj-news-department/2016/new-jersey-state-police-investigating-homicide-in-allamuchy-township/

Thanks, (I think), for this info. This is happening right behind my coworkers place. She moved to pv because its safe and calm. Ummmm... guess not...

halloweenguy halloweenguy
Mar '16

Would love to hear if this was a domestic dispute of sorts or a random "guy breaks in and she defended herself" situation. Not so much cause I'm nosey, but I'd feel safer if it was the domestic thing.....and not random.

I hate hearing about this sort of thing happening so close to home, but the potential for crime is everywhere.

littlelu littlelu
Mar '16

Incident occurred shortly after 4AM this morning or at least that was the time Allamuchy EMS got paged out.

the State Police stopped a vehicle at the exit of PV after the incident. White car with barcode. It is still their with two police cars at 8:30 this morning.

PV Man PV Man
Mar '16

and if we didn't have guns................................he might have a black eye.................

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '16

Or she might be dead 4catmom...

If its domestic do you think guys can't kill with their bare hands or a knife...

Heck, if all it takes is a black eye to stop, why is domestic abuse such a big deal?

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '16

Remember, there's a 4A thread for the "tool used" discussion.

As usual, we just have to wait for some info before jumping to any type of conclusions.

justintime justintime
Mar '16

Mark Mc- what a pedantic straw man attack.

Georgeaioli Georgeaioli
Mar '16

No real details known at this early time. She may have been defending herself or she may have killed him in cold blood. Only thing for sure is that homicides are not good. However, the large response by the State Police needs to be appreciated/commended as this is what is lacking in many foreign countries where a person is killed and rarely is the killer apprehended...

"and if we didn't have guns................................he might have a black eye................."

What a GREAT idea.
4catmom for president and happiest girl for vice president she could also act as personal adviser.
The first thing they could do is have everyone turn their guns to the police, this would be good. Next disarm the police because if the citizens don't guns there would be no need for the police to have guns.This also would be good. Then they can do away with the military. When that is complete they can inform all of our enemy's that we have laid down our arms and they should do the same and if they don't agree we will be really mad.
OH BOY, were in trouble in this nation.

The Man The Man
Mar '16

"Mark Mc- what a pedantic straw man attack."

As opposed to 4 cat mom's straw man or happiest's direct attack on me?

At least I offered a differing on-topic viewpoint in response to 4cat. Happiest offered NOTHING on-topic and just pops in to call people idiots.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '16

Mark Mc. --- You're the only one who called yourself an idiot. Well, I guess you know yourself the best.

happiest girl
Mar '16

Getting back on topic here, we have a male who was found dead in a house, a female in custody and a white car that may or may not be involved. Is this all that we know at this time?

Dadof3
Mar '16

Dad... unless I misread it, and for what it is worth, the article cited above also said that "allegedly" the woman stated that she had shot the man?

pmnsk pmnsk
Mar '16

CSI unit and police are still on scene. Be patient, details will be released eventually.

TeamMebradar TeamMebradar
Mar '16

+1 The Man. 4cat and happiest, disarm and pray for peace. I'll cover you when it doesn't work out. Oh the lefty mentality in this country.

NoHopeForHumanity NoHopeForHumanity
Mar '16

If anyone is interested you can listen to the 911 dispatch calls that are posted on Twitter. They give a bit more information than what is being speculated here in HL,

http://www.warrenskywarn.org/scanner_files/Allamuchy%20Homicide/

FYI Guy
Mar '16

and we're off

Denis Denis
Mar '16

Must be the new rehab house...oh, that has not opened yet. Already PV is going downhill. Oh my!

Cal76 Cal76
Mar '16

NoHopeForHumanity - So which one is better?? The guy who has 20 rifles and opens fire on the mail man, the neighbor, and the local kids playing in the yard killing them all because someone rang his door bell? Or the lady attacked and killed by a stalker criminal because she doesn't have 20 rifles?

When you're a human being, no one wants any one to die. Hoping the Right ones die is as bad as hoping the wrong ones die.

Denis -
All that's going off lately is guns.
And the gun lovers are blinded from the smoke.

happiest girl
Mar '16

http://www.warrenskywarn.org/scanner_files/Allamuchy%20Homicide/Allamuchy%20Part%202.mp3

Click on Police Scanner
Scanner Files
Allamuchy Homicide

Cal - what rehab house are you referring to?

@ Bev Cal is being sarcastic with regard to the proposed rehab that is seeking Zoning right outside the gates of Panther Valley. It was his/her attempts at stirring the pot from another thread.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '16

Pot: pun intended? LOL

In response to halloweenguy, I have lived in Allamuchy for 30 years and there have been 2 homicides. The first was when a teenager killed his father or stepfather (can't remember which) for molesting his sisters and then this. I would say our small town is pretty darn safe. The first was premeditated and it's starting to look like this one too. I think she picked a nice safe town to live in.

Sunflower
Mar '16

I have lived in PV for over 20 years and agree it is a very safe place.
Incidents like this are tragic-and should not be used to stereotype a community.
The only complaint I have is paying exorbitant fees to cover security services which at best are poor. ANYONE can get in. I have passed through the gate several times as a passenger in a car and by the driver simply stating they had the resident in the car the guard let them in. Oh and the taxes are absurd for no police force. NJSP does a fine job to cover.
Other than the cost of living here, the community is great, and offers an incredible quality of life.

PVRES PVRES
Mar '16

If he did what she said he did on the first part of the 911 tape he deserved a bullet

skippy skippy
Mar '16

Skippy-
What did she say? I couldn't make it out...

PVRES PVRES
Mar '16

Too soon to tell but If what was on the scanner is true... My heart breaks for that poor woman and what she had endured and thank goodness he can no longer victimize another.

Perturbed Perturbed
Mar '16

PVRES, as a NON PV resident, I have to agree - have had many occasions to enter via the gate to visit friends, and we can say ANYTHING and they open up and let us in... one time, after observing that they didn't seem to even hear what we said, we subsequently said something way off - I won't repeat it, but it was a phrase commonly associated with terrorist activity - said with a big smile on our faces - and - yep, opened the gate and waved us in.... I don't know what you are paying for "security" but it our experience, it's a facade, not to mention the other ways to enter.....

pmnsk pmnsk
Mar '16

I bet if they had "real" security (I agree that what they have is a joke) the first time they didn't let someone's guest in some snobby homeowner would be screaming at them on the phone.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '16

Mark-
First of all, not all PV residents are snobby- we simply appreciate the opportunity for privacy. I for one call each time I am expecting someone or a delivery- giving them notification to let the person in. Its when my doorbell rings and someone is at my door who I did not authorize to enter that pisses me off.
I hope the residents call a meeting in response to these issues- I will be sure to attend.

PVRES PVRES
Mar '16

I guess Mark doesn't know anyone here- I haven't met that snobby homeowner in 3 1/2 years...........just people who enjoy the beauty and peacefulness (usually) of this community............none deluded into thinking we are behind walls............and yes- the gate has a list of my regular visitors ...........and yes I call when expecting someone not on the list...........Let's stick to the sad fact that there was domestic violence of some sort in one family - leading to tragedy for them..........

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '16

Where did I say that all PV residents were snobby?

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '16

The security is false, anyone can walk in thru the main or side roads easily.

Went to visit a friend on two separate occasions, there was no one present at the guard house , gate open.

Steven Steven
Mar '16

Any updates on this terrible tragedy?

Pv resident Pv resident
Mar '16

The original report was the ex boyfriend tied her up and raped her she got free and shot him in the back per the tape

skippy skippy
Mar '16

What is unfortunate is that New Jersey will likely do everything in its power to ensure that she goes to jail too. The ex-boyfriend will then be remembered as just another victim of gun violence, even though he was the aggressor.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '16

while the white car is parked back in their driveway!

justconcerned justconcerned
Mar '16

People in PV are snobby. Comes naturally with living in a "gated", overpriced community. I took the Martz bus for many years with some of them and could tell you stories LOL. I wonder how many neighbors heard the screams of the woman being bound and raped and ignored them?

@Mark - no need to get on your gun rights soapbox. The guy deserved to be shot and he will not be used a poster child for anti-gun laws. He was probably shot with his own gun, which if true means she won't even be on the hook for illegal possession of a firearm.

brown bear2 brown bear2
Mar '16

Brown bear - It's a small soap box. NJ doesn't have a strong "castle doctrine" law, which means even if she is not criminally charged, she will very likely have civil lawsuits from the ex's family. States with strong castle doctrine laws provide civil immunity if you justifiably defend yourself against a violent crime.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '16

I live in Panther Valley- people here are snobs and there is no unity as a neighborhood. They have nothing to be snobby about -

Pv resident Pv resident
Mar '16

Those who say PV is overpriced are not familiar with the current real estate market. The association fees, while a little high depending where you live, covers roof, siding, deck, painting plus two pools, tenbis courts, etc. and have heard nothing but good things regarding the association and response time. Taxes on units tend to be on the slightly higher side but what the hell do you expect living in NJ?

Flappy Flappy
Mar '16

ah - let the mud slinging begin................................this is no different than any other small town with thousands of residents and thousands of homes of all kinds and prices...........................we come in all sizes, shapes, colors, attitudes, personalities....................do you really think you can generalize about all of us?

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '16

Just drove by and did not see any white car parked in drive way.

Curiousss
Mar '16

When I was a lot younger we had family friends who lived in there and we would go there quite often. Security was tight back then. (30yrs ago). Someone I knew when I was a teen used to work security there and he was an average guy off the street, no experience, no brain, and a criminal to boot.

24-year-old victim identified in deadly N.J. shooting

By Pamela Sroka-Holzmann | For lehighvalleylive.com http://connect.lehighvalleylive.com/user/pholzmann/index.html
on March 20, 2016 at 1:44 PM, updated March 20, 2016 at 2:23 PM

shares
A 24-year-old Florida man was identified as the victim in a fatal shooting early Saturday in the Panther Valley section of Allamuchy Township.

New Jersey State Police
The Warren County Prosecutor's Office says it has identified the shooter but has yet to make any arrests. (lehighvalleylive.com file photo)
Gage Theard, of Milton, Fla., was shot shortly after 4 a.m. at a home in the first block of Alexanders Road, Prosecutor Richard Burke said Sunday.

Burke would not name a suspect, but said the shooter used a 9 mm handgun and shot Theard twice in the upper torso.

Burke said the suspected shooter has been identified but not arrested or charged.

"There's a lot of pieces to this particular puzzle," Burke said.

Fatal shooting probed in Warren County

Burke would not confirm initial reports of a domestic disturbance in which a woman shot someone after she was attacked.

Burke was not aware of any relatives of the victim in northwestern New Jersey or the Lehigh Valley, he said.

The Warren County Prosecutor's Office is continuing the investigation and expects to release more information later, Burke said.

Pamela Sroka-Holzmann may be reached at pholzmann@lehighvalleylive.com. Follow her on Twitter @pamholzmann. Find lehighvalleylive.com on Facebook.

Pistolshooter
Mar '16

I live in a very affordable home on a nice blue collar street where we are all friendly and 4 out of 6 of us are gun owners so we could care less about the "security gate". Glad that scumbag ate lead. Good thing she was a gun owner that was able to protect herself in the end huh lefties? I know I know, she should have gotten free, called the cops, and ran around the house for 20 minutes until they got there.

NoHopeForHumanity NoHopeForHumanity
Mar '16

NHFH. Your name says it all.........

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '16

Perhaps on this Palm Sunday, we should be offering prayers of comfort regarding the tragic situation that took place in our town over the weekend instead of worrying about how snobby the people are that live here, whether or not there is a car in the driveway, or how the gate may/may not be secure. Something terrible took place behind the doors of this residence, we don't know what that was, but we need to remember that the person that lives there is a member of this Community who may have just been through a nightmare.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '16

Domestic violence is a vicious cycle

Pv resident Pv resident
Mar '16

+10000 JrzyGirl88. It sickens me that this post has turned into a PV bashing thread when something very tragic happened within at least 2 families.

All we are owed are answers regarding the safety of our families and the community.

I do feel very safe and unified with my neighbors living here in PV. If this makes me a snob, so be it.

Our prayers are with the families and any individual involved and suffering from this awful tragedy.

BrandyB BrandyB
Mar '16

4catmom, BrandyB & JrzyGirl88

Since I couldn't have said it better myself, I just want to acknowledge what you've written and let you know that I feel honored to know you.

Darleen Darleen
Mar '16

Darleen - I so agree - and I feel fortunate that we have begun to find eachother here.
JrzyGirl88 has made the point beautifully about what has happened here.

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '16

JrzyGirl88 said it best. Prayers to the families

lee75 lee75
Mar '16

Many of you need to be Sensitive to this horrible and tragic event......How do you think the Family members feel right now... not only about this tragedy........but many of you going back and forth looking for answers. Someone's son was killed.....someone's daughter is a suspect......

I feel so sorry for the family and friends........Our thoughts and Prayers during this difficult time.

LittleRascal LittleRascal
Mar '16

I doubt any involved are reading this -

Pv resident Pv resident
Mar '16

Exactly PV resident and when something as terrible as this happens it is normal for people to talk about it. Turn on any news channel and you see the reporters doing it daily when crime happens. They also go around and interview neighbors to find out what they knew about the victim or if they had witnessed anything. No difference here. People live in the area and are concerned.
I do find it comical though that some of the posts talked about how happy they are that they know one another and have such unity in their part of the communitiy. I bet the people involved in this incident would have liked to have help from those they had such strong bonds with. This is a community of condos, townhouses, and homes that are very close together. You mean to tell me that nobody could hear screams & struggling coming from the other side of the wall? I hope that if I am ever in such a horrific situation somebody would offer some help. Especially in an area that claims to be so close to one another.

And the ignorance continues

BrandyB BrandyB
Mar '16

How does anyone know there were any screams? Did this guy break into the house or was he invited in? Only story you hear is from the survivor thru the dispatch. Is any of that real? That is she said with no he said. Women today are no wallflowers, just watch the video of the neurosurgical resident attacking an Uber driver. Not saying she is not telling the truth either. Jumping to conclusions without all of the facts is not the way to go. Even with all of the evidence that the police may have the real truth may never come out.

JoeMamaaa JoeMamaaa
Mar '16

spot on jrt - it takes a village, and with the great success of of the pv group getting together socially and knowing one another is a positive step in that direction. they are tearing down the walls of indifference. I would add that thank god, some people are armed and have the means to defend themselves

women have the right to protect their bodies, 'My body, my choice'

having the means available to defend yourself is a fundamental right that many women are finding empowers them and equalizes the physical threats they face.

that's a very good thing

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Mar '16

There are no walls of indifference to tear down. There are approximately 2000 homes here in PV with new families moving in weekly due to the growth of the community. It is impossible for everyone to know one another or even known when someone who lives 2 to 3 miles away is in trouble.

Does this mean that everyone who lives in the surrounding areas knows all 2000 of their closest neighbors?

I know many on my street and many who live close by and it is with common decency that we have helped our neighbors out in the middle of the night, during a storm, power outages, etc.

It is very offensive to see something written that insinuates that anyone would have ignored any signs of someone needing help.

No one knows what really happened and what was heard and not heard.

BrandyB BrandyB
Mar '16

Nobody knows the facts but there's always a ton of opinions when something like this occurs in a town and in a gated community. The facts will clear up any rumors and insinuations once they release what they find.

Htown987 Htown987
Mar '16

Also you never know who is behind the screen names. Why are people taking these comments personally? It's not worth the time. Everybody is entitled to their opinions.

Htown987 Htown987
Mar '16

"I would add that thank god, some people are armed and have the means to defend themselves"

I say we have a national "take your kids and guns to work day" to really show some community spirit and instill that sense of the founding fathers in our kids. Work hard and the American dream can be yours as long as you have a gun. Every painting of a founding father shows one.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Mar '16

Brother Dog,
How do you know she was "protecting her body."
Maybe she shot him out of anger or jealousy, no facts have been provided to prove that he did anything wrong at all.

joemammaaa joemammaaa
Mar '16

What's ignorant is the fact that some are more concerned with boasting about the benefits of living in a gated community and sharing how tight knit they are with one another when a homicide has occurred right under their nose. BrandyB what is offensive about a person assuming that screams may have been heard on the other side of the wall? Nobody stated anywhere that you should have heard something three streets away. I think the answer to that is obvious so that is a ridiculous statement to make. Crimes like this can happen anywhere gated community or not.

"take your kids and guns to work day"

Why only one day? I take my gun to work every day.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '16

What's also ignorant are the gun advocates comments about how the gun protected her. We don't have the facts yet -- but if the initial reports about her being tied up and raped are true ----- that gun did not help her.

happiest girl
Mar '16

The way I see it Happiest girl, the gun made sure he'll never do it again.

John C John C
Mar '16

I don't see why we assume people heard something and ignored it. I'm in a townhouse and have a crying baby next to me that I've never heard (the mom is always apologizing and I don't hear a peep). We don't live in teepees

Missrx Missrx
Mar '16

Assuming those reports are true, what leads you to believe he wasn't prepared to make further assaults against her, happiest?

You certainly seem to be implying that rape is OK as long as you get untied afterwards.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '16

On the hearing thing.....

Lived in a townhouse, a close friend and construction associate lived two doors down. One night a druggie and his buddy with the MO of trying the back sliders, which were in the basement, and then crawling into your bedroom, at the point of a knife tying you up, and stealing what they could, tried our house, our neighbor's and then got lucky two doors down at my buddies.

No sounds in the initial takeover, husband tied up, wife tied up and she was being put in bathroom when hubby thinking there was trifling going on, went construction superman, broke free, wrestling with the guy, put him out the second floor window and literally had to pull him back in to then subdue him. Lucky for him the other guy had exited the back door, gone around to his car in the front and during the ruckus brilliantly was trying the locked front door. Idiot was three doors away and one floor above the open door he needed. More banging. Needless to say, two doors down we heard nothing over the sleep stereo, and next door, they thought a short domestic fight and then no noise at all. Townhouse firewalls and good insulation blocked most of the short lived noise.

Didn't wake up until the flashing lights arrived.

Just saying.

Guy was lucky my friend didn't let him go.

Mar '16

brandyb - i was giving you and you new social group compliments, you guys are doing it right, and that's a very good thing, keep up the good work,

joemamma - i do not know for sure, nor does anyone, and i was speaking in a general sense, not specifically about this case, but in this case, the cops did not arrest her, and that speaks volumes about a valid self defense motive, the news reports quotes the police as saying:

"Burke said the suspected shooter has been identified but not arrested or charged.
"There's a lot of pieces to this particular puzzle," Burke said.

so based on what is known so far, there is more to be considered here.,

I will add that women have the right to protect themselves from aggressors. They have the right to have a firearm and to be familiar with it's use in case they need to employ an 'equalizer' to deter/stop an existential threat to their lives.

"Their body, their choice" : "My body, my choice" : It's a personal decision, and it should be respected.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Mar '16

The way I see it John C -- the woman was raped and the gun did not prevent that.

happiest girl
Mar '16

JRT , if you read my comment correctly, what is offensive is the insinuation that if there were screams for help (which has not been proven yet) , that the neighbors ignored it. That comment was mean spirited. I would like to think that no matter what type of neighborhood we live in , neighbors watch out for each other.

Hopefully the facts will be released soon and that in time, both families can begin the healing process.

BrandyB BrandyB
Mar '16

Understood Brotherdog. There is nothing bad about getting to know your neighbors!

BrandyB BrandyB
Mar '16

"the woman was raped and the gun did not prevent that."

And nobody has *ever* been raped twice, or raped then beaten, or raped then murdered...

Whether he was successful in one crime earlier in the evening doesn't matter. As long as she, *at that time* still feared "death or serious bodily harm" from her aggressor, deadly force is likely justifiable.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '16

He was killed with his OWN gun

Lives in PV Lives in PV
Mar '16

Yea you're right...I guess there is that chance that someone would be raped and another shot without a sound. I didn't think of that lol!
Look nobody knows what happened, but I have lived in a similar structure and they are certainly not sound proof. Hell I live in a house now and I can hear full conversations of people a couple houses away if we are all outside in the summer.
Either way it is a very unfortunate situation for both families. I guess this is the perfect opportunity for all of you to once again show your support to a fellow neighbor.

happiest girl, 4catmom, etc,etc....

You keep babbling on about guns & gun control yet you offer no concrete solution. Just what do you propose?
Maybe you could take a ride to the inner city one nite and have a talk to Rosco about you feelings. Maybe he will give you his weapon or his gin.

The Man The Man
Mar '16

The Man -
This post isn't about gun control.
I grew up in the Bronx and didn't have a gun. And if "Rosco" wants to give me a bottle of "gin" --- I'll take it !!
lol

happiest girl
Mar '16

/passes happiest girl the Tanqueray.

brown bear2 brown bear2
Mar '16

happiest - that's very good for you that you made your own choices for your own reasons, "Your body, your choice" : "Their body, their choice" : "My body, my choice" : It's a personal decision, and it should be respected. I respect you for making yours, can you respect someone else for making a different choice?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Mar '16

"This post isn't about gun control."

One of the very earliest replies to this topic was about how people shouldn't have guns... which you then alluded your agreement to in your first response (that subsequently got moderated away due to personal insults).

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '16

Sometimes. Depends on the person and on the choice.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Mar '16

oooh brown bear ..... top shelf ! I'll take it !!

happiest girl
Mar '16

I second Mark, I remember seeing happy girls post that is now not showing up. I know so for a FACT

Darrin Darrin
Mar '16

happiest girl

"What's also ignorant are the gun advocates comments about how the gun protected her. We don't have the facts yet -- but if the initial reports about her being tied up and raped are true ----- that gun did not help her."

After claiming we don't have the facts yet....you claim the gun did not help her? What makes you know more then everyone else that you can stake that claim? Is rape the worst that could've happened? Do you know that? What if the guy was going to kill her with the gun, but she got ahold of it? but no...that gun didn't help her

I guess not having the facts, and not making assumptions only applies to others, but you are free to do as you want?

Darrin Darrin
Mar '16

Wow posts are disappearing quicker on this forum then milk on a snow day.....

Half the stuff I just replied to is already gone......

Darrin Darrin
Mar '16

Darrin this is a very hot thread and I'm sure the moderators are watching it closely. Yes a few posts have been removed. In reality a lot of posts should have been removed since they are just stirring the pot.

Hopefully more facts come out soon so people can focus on the truth and not on all this nonsense.

Darwin Darwin
Mar '16

I'll bring the tonic, and limes.

Denis Denis
Mar '16

"Darrin this is a very hot thread and I'm sure the moderators are watching it closely."

I think the moderators are very reasonable... allowing leeway for side conversations but removing posts that are purely personal attacks against other users.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '16

Everything is speculation at this point, even the claim on the 911 call. Remember, it's not unheard of for people to invent a "story" to justify their actions. I'm not saying she's lying of course, just that the investigators need to do their jobs and release a factual report.

justintime justintime
Mar '16

Darrin -- What did that post say? I had no post that was removed. Maybe someone else's post got removed and Mark is attributing it to me.

You can also see clearly that I wrote : *BUT* if the initial reports about her being tied up and raped are true ....
I never said I know more than anyone else.
Learn how to read.

Also pretty interesting that half of YOUR posts -- according to you --- have been removed.

Denis ---- I'll supply extra large glasses!

happiest girl
Mar '16

Happiest one of your original posts from the start of the thread was removed. Along with one a few hours ago

Darwin Darwin
Mar '16

***HOT THREAD ALERT***

***MODERATORS ARE MONITORING THE SITUATION VERY CLOSELY***

/does a shot of gin and steps up to the karaoke machine

brown bear2 brown bear2
Mar '16

People that have a pot removed don't realize it since it will still show up on their computer. Other people won't see the post.

John C John C
Mar '16

Happiest girl, asinine comments are not needed aka "Learn how to read"....maybe you should have read the rest of what I said

where did I say "half" of my posts have been removed?

How you come off at people I am very suprised you have not been blocked from HL to be honest. Way more respectful people have been blocked for far less than you seem to get away with.

And yes Darwin, that is exactly what I saw too.

Darrin Darrin
Mar '16

Poppycock, Darwin.
If you want to side with your 'friends' that's your problem.

happiest girl
Mar '16

All I can do is laugh, your posts were definitely removed

Did someone say poppycock????
http://www.conagrafoods.com/our-food/brands/poppycock-gourmet-popcorn

Darrin Darrin
Mar '16

You said it about 10 posts up, Darrin.
lol

happiest girl
Mar '16

Did someone say poppycock????
http://www.conagrafoods.com/our-food/brands/poppycock-gourmet-popcorn

Maybe for you it is happiest, but I hate to say I know who everyone else is laughing at!

Deny it all you want, but they were removed, I know it, for a fact, backed up by two other thus far....

FYI, geesh is not proper English to begin with, it is technically a slang word so what you said made absolutely no sense...

Darrin Darrin
Mar '16

this says it all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB-wmOYelnM

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '16

Bwahahahahaha!!!! Good one!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '16

happiest I am sorry that you feel that you need to hijack a thread about someone getting killed and turn it all about you. I came on here from the beginning looking for information and notice a couple of your typical posts and then later saw they were removed. Let's try to remember that someone in our community has gone through something very tragic

Darwin Darwin
Mar '16

Re: Panther Valley police and crime scene

happiest girl, the site shows your own posts on your own pc while the moderators decide what to do with them. For instance, before I left for work today I posted in the Trump thread, just after yankeefan. I left my browser open and grabbed a screen shot of my work PC. Then I refreshed the page on my work pc and grabbed another screen shot. That pc shows my post, both when I posted it and when I refreshed.

Now on my home pc my post is NOT visible, which may be a cookie-related phenomenon.

Attached is my work pc screen 6 hours after yankeefan's post

justintime justintime
Mar '16

Next attached is also my work pc, but 8 hours after yankeefan's post. The post was visible when I posted it and also a few moments ago.

justintime justintime
Mar '16

Now here is my home pc, taken just a little bit ago. Clearly my post isn't showing on my home pc, but it is when I view the page from my work pc (logged in via RDP).

Long story short: Just because you see your own post doesn't mean everyone else does, until approved by the moderator's that is...

justintime justintime
Mar '16

JIT - In this case her post (at least the one I'm thinking of) was visible to everyone for at least a few minutes, and was then removed (i.e. actively moderated for content).

Sometimes posts are delayed where nobody can see them, waiting for approval.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '16

Are we gonna argue about the site and forget that personal remarks as well as cyber bullying like "Shut the f%@^ up!!" isn't right? Glass houses and boulders don't mix.

Or should we get back to hoping that no one should ever have to go through a bad crime no matter what type. Or who we have to seem to blame. Or what agenda we have to make out of it.

If not, this thread is basically toast.

GC there comes a point when someone stalks all your posts just to call you an idiot where all patience is lost. I welcome actual "arguments" (surprising, I know...) but some people deserve nothing more than exactly what I wrote.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '16

I see the lock or remove coming very soon.

Bessie Bessie
Mar '16

Mark Mc - Although I understand being angry, no one deserves to be bullied off a thread.

Bessie - You learn your lesson well, Grasshopper... ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGblsNXkJog

I haven't read most of this is thread, and I'm not taking sides. But, can't we agree to self-moderate here. Can we just freeze this discussion, and keep the conversation to updates about this case?

There are plenty of threads out there to argue about gun laws, and someone should feel free to start a new thread about how wonderful or horrible PV is.

Let's just all agree to stop the nonsense on this thread, and keep it to the facts. Agreed?

Gadfly Gadfly
Mar '16

Why are so many people arguing about a situation we know nothing about with the exception of what was recorded in the dispatch recordings? We don't know if she owned a gun legal or otherwise, we don't know if she managed to get the gun away from him, we don't know if she was assaulted or not, we do not know if she did or was able at any point to scream, we do not know anything, so why are you all arguing? Why not wait for the facts of the case to be presented when they are ready to be presented than speculate and divide a group about nothing more than maybe, or could be?

Creativemuffin Creativemuffin
Mar '16

Because we come from the Internet - the hive mind has already passed judgement lol

skippy skippy
Mar '16

Agreed, Gadfly!!!!!

People like to argue on the internet about topics that others will never agree with. Its like a monkey knife fight. All you can do is watch and cheer along.

sack
Mar '16

Bessie........I hope that the posts, that have really nothing to do with the crime, don't cause the thread to close.

I for one, would like to see the thread used as a tool to post any updates on the investigation.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all that were involved, the woman, her family, and the man and his family..........at least until I hear the truth about what happened.

littlelu littlelu
Mar '16

Question, were any arrests made?

Darrin Darrin
Mar '16

The young man was a soldier with severe PTSD and he beat the young lady severely. He had the gun, somehow she was able to disarm him and saved herself. So if you knuckleheads are done blaming each other for your stupidity and let the police and medics do their job, you would know this. Geez!

Good for her

skippy skippy
Mar '16

Tess do you mind if I ask where you got that info?

littlelu littlelu
Mar '16

My daughter knows the victim personally and I have known from the start what happened. Tess is exactly right. I didn't want to post anything because my daughter was extremely upset by the whole incident.

What I found really disconcerting is the fact that many of you -- without knowing ANYTHING -- jumped to (wrong) conclusions, made this about gun control (shame on you), and basically spouted out complete bull$hit for the past four days.

Some of you (read your posting and you will know who you are) should really re-think what you spout off on this site.

This was a tragedy for all involved and passing judgement without a LICK of knowledge is wrong and cruel.

Heidi Heidi
Mar '16

+10000 Heidi

Darrin Darrin
Mar '16

Thank you Heidi.

pampurr pampurr
Mar '16

Some people like to read Fact based books, and Biography's, and some like to read Fiction. You can find it all on almost every topic in HL. I love it.!!!I It keeps me on my toes

Old Gent Old Gent
Mar '16

I know exactly what happened in this tragic situation.
None of you do.
Your assumptions are false and misguided.
I could tell you and set everyone straight, but won't.
Just wanted to say how wrong you all are and that I know what really happened.
Thanks.

brown bear2 brown bear2
Mar '16

And the suspense builds............

Darrin Darrin
Mar '16

I would gather only two people truly know exactly what happened. Sadly only one of them is here to detail the actual facts of the incident..

"and if we didn't have guns................................he might have a black eye.................
4catmom 4catmom ✉
4 days ago"

4cat mentioned guns first in this thread, and in this case she chose to ring in with her opinion on guns, and i was reacting to her post and happiest's. didn't jump to any conclusions about this horrific incident; was speaking in general terms.

and be sure to know that i feel sympathy and have empathy for all involved, and their families, including you and your daughter, thanks for the come up note and point taken Heidi,

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Mar '16

EXACTLY GREG!!
This is a public forum with many topics being discussed daily. People read and contribute their opinions, thoughts, assumptions, advice, etc.. This is just how the world works. You cannot tell people how they should think and feel about something or what they should or shouldn't express regarding the situation. I would suggest that the people that are closely involved or related to these families stay away from any type of social media, town forums, or any other place where it is being discussed. If YOU know the truth then great! No need for you to read what others think about it, right?

In case my sarcasm wasn't clear...I know nothing.

Brown bear2 Brown bear2
Mar '16

It is truly a sad situation. There are only 2 people and 1 God who know exactly what happened that night. But for those who say that the woman was beaten severely and raped are misinformed entirely. If you have seen this woman recently, you would know that is not the case. See, when someone is brutally beaten, there is usually physical evidence proving the brutal attack. There is no evidence on this woman. As for the man breaking in, it could not have happened. Panther Valley is a gated community under surveillance. It is not likely that this man broke into any home or through any gate. He had to have been invited in. I saw where the dispatch calls were posted early on in this forum, if you'll listen to them you'll hear that a male was trying to call something in but his call could not be traced because he was on a mobile phone. This could have been him trying to call the police because she had a gun. There will always be two sides of a story. Just because one person is alive doesn't always mean his/her story is the true story. Those who knew this man could tell you that he would never ever do this to anyone, especially this woman. He was not a soldier and he did not have PTSD. Do not assume a side without really knowing your facts. All we can do is pray and pray that justice is served where it is due. Please respect both families, they need prayers.

BlackBettyBamalam BlackBettyBamalam
Mar '16

JRT I agree.

I can only control my actions/thoughts, NO one else's.

Social media can be a great source of info but can also be full of BS. I've heard a saying, TAKE WHAT YOU NEED AND LEAVE THE REST, and that is what I try to do here.

littlelu littlelu
Mar '16

Severely beaten? Based on her pic not even 2 full days later she didn't have a mark on her. Someone needs to get her damn car in the garage so her neighbors stop feeling like freak shows when people do drive bys trying to spot her and get her off social media.

Everyone who is saying they know what happened...were you there? NO! the only person who does murdered the man she got engaged to 2 months prior and could be making up a story to cover her a**. Just because she said it happened doesn't mean it's true

Realist Realist
Mar '16

You can walk in the back gate quite easily, all the condos and townhouses that line Ahano Road provide access into PV.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Mar '16

What's her name?

Curiouss
Mar '16

My father always taught me there are "THREE" sides to a story, hers, his and the TRUTH!

Christine Christine
Mar '16

BlackBettyBamalam- your post is exactly how I feel in regards to her. But he was a student pilot in the Navy. It's said in their engagement video. This leads me to believe the statements of PTSD are false.

My opinion? She's Just a scared little girl trying to cover her tracks. They had some rough fun, got into a fight and she shot him as he walked away from her. Now she's crying rape to save herself. Her own neighbors describe her as an odd girl and that something is "off" about her (her dad is the actual neighbor. She's in college and no one knows why she was there since dad was on vacation). 4 days later and her dad is already trying to sell the house. Every day a new story that came from her and/or her dad come up. Her selfie she posted. None of these things is normal! Seriously who posts a selfie making a silly face less than 2 days after they were supposedly tied up, raped and *new story* "severely beaten".

All I do is hope that the investigators see as much as they can clearly and make a good determination about what possibly occurred on that night. I also hope the neighbors get some peace in their lives soon. I know they don't appreciate the slo-mo drive bys.

Realist Realist
Mar '16

And by the way stop referring to HER as the victim. HE is the victim in this HOMICIDE and she's the SUSPECT. It has NOT been proven that she was raped. Until the authorities refer to her as a victim then she should be considered exactly as she is...the person who killed the man she was supposed to marry.

Realist Realist
Mar '16

Well this is very interesting. I guess those that KNEW the truth the whole time may have been a bit mistaken? it appears maybe some of the friends of this woman are more upset then she is at the moment. I agree, if you are involved in a homicide situation you may want to stop posting selfies for a while.

Waiting for details from law enforcement is best for getting close to the truth. A 20ish year old can be extremely immature and disconnected from reality as mature adults see it. Remember the girl in Italy doing cartwheels after her roommate was murdered? A bit younger. I don't think she did it, but her actions brought her a lot of trouble. Let forensics speak for the dead and the living. Until then, Greg is right, only the survivor knows the specifics.

Safe day to all!

You'd think she'd delete her social media . Where is this engagement video ?

ksween ksween
Mar '16

when is "enough" not enough?

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '16

maja- "Waiting for details from law enforcement is best for getting close to the truth".

If you've ever been directly involved in an incident which the police/news were giving statements regarding, you'll know that unfortunately the odds of the official statements begin even half correct are slim. Not that we have all that much more to go on, but it's one of those things that really opened my eyes the first time I was involved in something that was being reported on by the police/media.

Brendan Brendan
Mar '16

How about everyone on here just minding their own business? It's a tragic thing that happened but again it was an isolated domestic incident. Worrying & arguing online about who's story is correct is a waste of energy. Go hug your significant others & kids and pray that this is something you & your family will never have to experience.

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Mar '16

Mind our own business? It really is our business, it happened in our commuty and someone died. We can discuss it all we want. It was on the news. And will eventually be on again with more details. So don't get ur panties in a bunch over people arguing, read a different post, maybe "for music lovers" you'll enjoy more. :-)

ksween ksween
Mar '16

Realist- I know the man. He was a student naval aviator. You have to be an officer for that. Lol he absolutely DID NOT have PTSD and navy is sailor, army is soldier. Like, every detail that Heidi and Tess gave every detail long. And I agree a million percent with what you're saying. Also- if you look closely at her Instagram picture, it looks like she is wearing the ring around her neck on her necklace. Even more creepy.

Mar '16

Have every detail *wrong*. Sorry for the typo!

Mar '16

Did he live in New Jersey or was just visiting? She looks like an army brat. You'd think someone would be smart enough to tell her to make her profiles private if she's going to post selfies with silly faces after shooting someone.

ksween ksween
Mar '16

Who is the female?

How are you all looking at her instagram and facebook if her name wasn't even released? I'm still trying to figure out who she is.

residentofpv residentofpv
Mar '16

In the scanner it says her name is Katherine M Johnson, born in 1998. What is her instagram?

Websleuth Websleuth
Mar '16

So she's 18, what is her instagram? where is this engagement video?

Websleuth Websleuth
Mar '16

Because I knew them as a couple and her name IS NOT Katherine Joshnson, she is not 18, and definitely not born in 1998. I'm afraid to give out her name if it hasn't been released.. She hasn't taken down any social medias.

Mar '16

If you google the victim's name, you'll find his youtube channel. There you will find the engagement video. From there, you can pretty much hear what her name is and if you look him up on facebook, you will find her facebook too.

websleuth websleuth
Mar '16

That is not her information. Its actually very easy to figure it out...especially if you search for the deceased on Facebook.

HeyThere HeyThere
Mar '16

The time & energy it seems that some of you are spending digging into this is beyond ridiculous. Let the family be. Stop stalking around for her social media. How would you feel if this was your family & so many nosy Nancy's were poking around?

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Mar '16

Agreed. I will not say her name since it has not been released.

Blackbetty- thank you for the explanation. I just refer to anyone in the military the same way. I'll try from now on to remember members of the Navy should be called sailors.

Realist Realist
Mar '16

Realist- we may know some of the same people. Lol

Mar '16

Realist - Also remember to call other military personnel "airmen", "guardsmen", or "marines" as appropriate. Each branch has their own name. ;-)

meh she deleted her instagram. Guess she caught on. I understand I might be nosey, but it is very interesting, maybe disturbing, how she can post a selfie of herself smiling days after the shooting. I do think that shock can sometimes take a while to set in. People can do strange things that are unlike themselves after a traumatic event. Like other posters have mentioned, we should wait until all the facts surface-

websleuth websleuth
Mar '16

I agree with hlamusesme. Let this thread die for the sake/respect and privacy of the families involved who I am sure are suffering tremendously over this tragic event. It is no one's business what exactly happened, but the people who were directly involved in it. IMO! We all know it was an isolated sad tragedy, so exactly what will you gain by knowing all the details? I say move on and allow these 2 families to mourn peacefully. IMO!

Btw! I was the original Realist here on HL. The person on this thread stole my HL identity.

TheOriginalRealist TheOriginalRealist
Mar '16

Actually, the suspect did not delete her Instagram. It's still up.

Mar '16

Ooops, found it again. You're right blackbetttybamalam

websleuth websleuth
Mar '16

How are you seeing the instagram...it's private unless Im looki g at the wrong one. Are we sure the photo was two days after?

Lives in PV Lives in PV
Mar '16

it was posted on Monday night

Realist Realist
Mar '16

@blackbetty literally anyone can get into panther valley any time they want. Especially at the back gate area. The only surveillance I've ever seen is an occasional "security" car drive by. I used to talk late night walks after work (around 1-3am) no security person ever stopped me or followed me. Anyone could get in uninvited. Plus now that the restaurant is public, all the easier to get thru the from gate. I've had friends who worked the gate. Those people hate us mostly and don't really care. They have residents calling and screaming at them all day. Safety in pv is an expensive illusion

NoUseForAname NoUseForAname
Mar '16

NoUseForAname-

I would vote for a drastic reduction in PVOA fees by ripping down the gates and laying off the useless "security" staff. Also, get a new land maintenance staff. They cut down part of my expensive garden with a 12-year-old blooming rose last year, purely out of stupidity and trying to run through it quickly. $300 per month for this? Get rid of it! BTW, did you ever try to deal with PVOA? Nothing but run-arounds. Get rid of them, too, or at least reduce their size and influence. Crime can happen anywhere, and PVOA does nothing to protect us from it. Lose the gates.

DannyC DannyC
Mar '16

NoUseForAname

Ok, well, regardless I know the victim personally and he wouldn't break in anywhere. However, I don't know what happened and I can't say what happened. But it is really hard to believe that he would break in anywhere. I get that sometimes you don't know what a person is capable of, I'll accept that. But seeing pictures of the suspect and the recent changes she is suddenly making to her social media makes me believe that she is not innocent and she is putting on a front because she messed up. I was misinformed of the security of Panther Valley and I'll take that. But his character is not the type to break in or to not be invited in, he was a very respectable guy. Hell, he bought her the exact engagement ring she wanted and drove all the way down to Disney world for her cheerleading competition to propose to her in front of EVERYONE. He loved her so much. He would not rape her. Besides, she is claiming that he tied her up and raped her and severely beat her... If someone tied a woman up to rape her, he would not just untie her simply because he was done raping her and expect her to be totally cool. Anyway.. Just some food for thought.

Mar '16

I couldn't care less if a gun I bought was used in a crime (as long as the serial number has been cleared of any issues). Even less relevant if it's just that "model" that was used in a crime. Did everyone sell their Hyundai's or decide not to buy them after that woman crashed into the crowd last year?

It's just a bunch of plastic, metal, and springs... Could probably get a better deal on it to boot!

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '16

All of those kids and their victims.....sort of......kind of.....

Hey, you asked for it :>)

Mar '16

"EXCEPT for this admittedly phony shop"

It's actually old "news"...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/03/daniel-zimmerman/anti-gunners-set-up-nyc-gun-store-to-shame-would-be-gun-buyers/

I wouldn't buy a gun from this shop anyway... not because of any crime, but apparently they sell beat-up broken junk. Look at the shotgun at 2:38... racks the slide but the action doesn't open!

(Obviously they are all props as you can't "pretend" to sell real guns in NYC.)

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '16

To the posters that know the victim and suspect, we are all biased to a certain degree..whether we're aware of it or not, it's just human nature.

To say that one is incapable of a certain act is biased in itself.

No one knows what another person is capable of no matter how well you think you know that person.

positive positive
Mar '16

Hey positive, I know you're talking to me. Did you notice where I said that I accept the fact that sometimes you don't know what someone is capable of? I said that... But I guess you wouldn't have a say in this incident and are able to try and stick up for either one because you didn't know both the victim and the suspect, huh? Didn't think so.

Mar '16

I was addressing the other posters as well. My comment was not meant to insult anyone..just trying to make an insightful point about human nature.

positive positive
Mar '16

Lol. Ok, positive. Ok

Mar '16

Positive is good people - she did not mean it that way,

skippy skippy
Mar '16

Thank you Skippy. You're a Scoob (meaning special person). Lol

positive positive
Mar '16

Sent you a pm skippy

positive positive
Mar '16

BlackBettyBamalam What's your relation to all this? You are watching the posts and keep making it known that you know them.

Htown987 Htown987
Mar '16

Htown987, isn't it explained in your last sentence? I knew them.. That's the relation? I just hate to see people put the victim down and raise up the suspect because people are just assuming things about both parties that are totally inaccurate. Obviously none of us know the truth.. But it's unfair for those who didn't know either person to just make judgements on the situation without knowing factual information. I can't give a lot of their information out because I don't see it my place, but I can give information that is already public.

Mar '16

Unless you want to provide accurate non public information then people will keep assuming gossiping etc.

Lives in PV Lives in PV
Mar '16

That's totally understandable and they will. And I would give the information I have out if it were my place but it isn't. I just post here because I hate for people to assume that the victim was a bad guy. I've said before, we all need to pray for both families and pray for justice where it is due. Gage was a great guy and she was a nice enough girl, it's hard to believe it happened at all.

Mar '16

Any new scoop with this love story done bad ?!

Ksween1 Ksween1
Apr '16

http://www.njherald.com/article/20160331/ARTICLE/303319985

I guess still under investigation

Ksween1 Ksween1
Apr '16

There is no way she is not getting charged with something....manslaughter maybe?

Lives in PV Lives in PV
Apr '16

Not saying they can't charge her with something eventually, but it's quite telling that she was in custody and then simply released (not bailed out of jail).

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Apr '16

I'd assume she's most likely getting charge especially if it's still under investigation. There must be something off with the situation and story she told.

Ksween1 Ksween1
Apr '16

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove in court... Everything seems to be circumstantial, nobody to contradict her story, not much in the way of proof... The cops need her to slip up on her story, in a major way, for this to get traction. And if she's smart she's got a lawyer keeping the cops at bay, so there's that...

Brendan Brendan
Apr '16

Well, forensics can easily validate her story... where she was standing, where he was standing, distances, angles, etc...

So if she said he was two feet away ready to attack and it's shown he was 20 feet away laying on the bed there's gonna be some 'splainin to do.

If the evidence matches her story... plus her having called the police herself... it maybe lines up in her favor (after all, innocent until proven guilty).

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Apr '16

In any defensive shoot - as you know mark you want to be the one that calls the police. I am glad they're not charging her with having the gun in the car - I totally expected a slew of firearms charges just because it's NJ - weather he brought it to the party or not.

skippy skippy
Apr '16

Ex boyfriend assaults girlfriend.girl shoots ex after braking in

Ronald Reagan Ronald Reagan
Apr '16

Such a tragedy...

http://m.cdapress.com/obituaries/article_5fcd0ff9-2be4-5156-b2d8-14dfd73ad8e0.html?mode=jqm

GWTWQUEENIE GWTWQUEENIE
Apr '16

It's not a secret that her name is Rachel, it's on his youtube page. I wonder if she is in jail or free?

Websleuth Websleuth
Apr '16

I just watched Gage's YouTube video of him asking Rachel to marry him entitled, "Rutgers Cheerleader Proposal" ~ Dear God ~ what went wrong!

As far as her not being in jail, it is a mystery. There must be some real good evidence of self-defense for her not being charged with ANYTHING!

Lives shattered and two broken families. I repeat -- a tragedy.

GWTWQUEENIE GWTWQUEENIE
Apr '16

It's said that a prosecutor can typically get an indictment on a ham sandwich. Unfortunately, the Warren County prosecutor's office couldn't get it convicted of being delicious.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '16

In the absence of the Warren County Prosecutor's office keeping us, the public, in the dark about this case and why the alleged shooter Rachel has not been charged, thank you Websleuth for keeping us apprised.

To reiterate, there must be some real good evidence of self-defense for Rachel not being charged with anything or else someone in power is protecting her.

Doesn't change a thing though -- still a tragedy.

GWTWQUEENIE GWTWQUEENIE
Apr '16

What's really interesting is that while looking at her social media, she does not have one picture of her former fiancee, or the 2 of them together. not one. For someone her age, and the fact that she basically posted her life on social media, i find it very odd that she does not mention even her fiancee. Not even one hint. It's almost like she was apathetic towards him, like he didn't exist. Now, I don't know her personally, but a lot can be said about ones pictures and words posted, especially with a smiling "Selfie" days after the shooting.

Websleuth Websleuth
Apr '16

This also just might be a coincidence, but her instagram account name is also the same name from an account where she bought a gun holster. It's a website that is like ebay and etsy- it shows what she bought, and it shows a comment she left.

http://m.bonanza.com/users/16517771/user_feedbacks

Websleuth Websleuth
Apr '16

Websleuth, you can't seriously be judging the quality of somebodies relationship based on the pictures they post on Facebook, can you? There are very few pictures of my wife and I together on Facebook, despite being together for over a decade...

While on the surface I agree that her alleged (I haven't seen the pictures or read the posts or whatever) response/actions after this tragedy seems unusual, I'm not really sure I could fathom what a "normal" response would or should be...

All that being said, I'm with GWTWQUEENIE. For the prosecutor to not have brought charges against her for *anything*, there must be pretty damning evidence to corroborate her version of the events. If there was nothing to back her story (but nothing to contradict it either) I would expect them to hit her with any number of interpretive firearms violations, because they could make those stick.

Brendan Brendan
Apr '16

I agree with you, Brendan. For her being a rutgers student, I wonder if she is still attending classes as the semester is not over, and I wonder if school officials know of this. I am just concerned, I am not sure what her state of mind is, as everything is so vague. I just don't know how comfortable I feel knowing that someone killed someone and is walking away free, and still going to classes like nothing happened.

Websleuth Websleuth
Apr '16

Websleuth, I found Rachel's reaction in the engagement video very odd.

In watching the proposal video, she barely acknowledges Gage with any amount of sincere affection and she doesn't even show signs of excitement at his proposal or the ring.

Her co-cheerleaders are clearly excited for them, but Rachel's body language towards him is very aloof. She doesn't appear to be thrilled at all.

I agree with you -- much can be said about one's pictures and words posted, along with body language.

GWTWQUEENIE GWTWQUEENIE
Apr '16

NOSEY NANCIES. Get a life seriously. Stalking her social media accounts? Focus on your own lives. PS - she could've deleted pics/mentions of him. But seriously this isn't affecting YOUR life so leave the families alone.

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Apr '16

So someone's guilt or innocence is determined by the length of the investigation, her social media posts, her reactions, what she buys on-line and what she eats for dinner. I need to get some more popcorn!

WeMayNever Know WeMayNever Know
Apr '16

In hearing about this murder , the Jodi Arias case has come to mind.

a. m. Reader
Apr '16

It's not nosey to look up social media, it's 2016. It is very common and easy. And the fact that she still has social media and wasn't adviced to take it down is quite ignorant on her part.
I'm sure if no charges are brought against her , her family will have some kind of civil suit.
At some point you will most likely hear more about this.

Ksween1 Ksween1
Apr '16

I totally agree with gets GWTWQUEENIE. That was exactly my reaction when I watched the video of the proposal. I've seen war emotions shown when someone won a dollar lottery ticket!

I also think it's kind of telling or a very big coincidence that she purchased a holster
in just a short time before the shooting! Where was the gun and holster just before the shooting that she could so easily reach it before a man so Much taller and stronger couldn't stop her before she reached. Just a Little strange to me that someone so young purchases a gun and holster and so quickly find a need to use it. I think most people who buy a gun for protection put it away and never run into the need to use it. If she was afraid of him why did she accept The proposal in the first place or not get an order of protection against him?

Hmmmmmmm Hmmmmmmm
Apr '16

It's quite clear that many people here are of the "guilty until proven innocent" mindset using circumstantial "evidence".

I would think the prosecutors and police have vastly more information (and actual evidence) than any of us, and if no charges are filed then the prosecutor feels that no crime was committed beyond a reasonable doubt, which everyone is entitled to.

Of course, if a crime was committed, she should be held accountable... but buying a holster isn't a crime (geez... I'd be in jail for years if that were the case....). She didn't shoot him with the holster, after all... and getting a handgun in NJ is not a quick process (assuming it was hers).

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Apr '16

"So someone's guilt or innocence is determined by the length of the investigation, her social media posts, her reactions, what she buys on-line and what she eats for dinner. I need to get some more popcorn!"

Not determined but it helps to build an idea on character. Also, items bought can be detrimental in a case. It can support the theory of intention.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Apr '16

An alleged murderer is freely walking around and we, the public, are considered "NOSEY NANCIES" and need to get a life - really HLamusesme? Some of us aren't on HL for amusement.

A murder in my community does affect my life. The lack of information from authorities on this case has people wondering what is going on and are we safe.

Someone is killed, the alleged shooter isn't charged or cleared of any wrongdoing, we discuss it and we are deemed NOSEY. Seriously? We have a right to know. This isn't being NOSEY.

"Focus on your own lives." Focusing on what is going on in one's surroundings, one's community, including criminal activity - in this case a murder - is focusing on our own lives as it directly affects us by living here.

"Leave the families alone." No one is bothering them. It is Rachel who put these families in the spotlight - not us.

A young man, Gage, lost his life and his family is mourning for the loss of their beloved. Two families are shattered.

To repeat ~ this is a tragedy...

GWTWQUEENIE GWTWQUEENIE
Apr '16

OMG seriously why don't you guys just call Nancy Grace already... Prosecutors Office said The Public is NOT in any Danger. Let it go.. Let it Go.. LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Apr '16

Amen & plus 1000000 jrzygirl

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '16

GWTWQUEENIE who are you and why do you say all of this in anonymity? Why don't you list your name and address and social media account so we can pass judgement on you? I don't believe you are actually a resident or feel unsafe. You sound like an internet troll to me.

JohnQ JohnQ
Apr '16

John Q ~

Sorry to disappoint you. I don't even have social media accounts. The limited time I am on the Internet is spent reading news, which includes local events. Internet troll ~ I am the farthest thing from it ~ but thank you for giving my family a good laugh.

I am a tax paying resident in our area for over thirty years, raised my family here and am involved in community events. If I wanted anonymity, I wouldn't post.

Yes, I am concerned not only for my safety and the safety of my family, but also for the safety of our community.

I pass judgment on no one ~ I only repeat the limited facts we have been given. Rachel allegedly shot Gage who died from her alleged actions. As far as what led this young woman to allegedly shoot Gage, no one knows as no information has been released.

This is an adult discussion and if you can't handle it, that is your problem.

GWTWQUEENIE GWTWQUEENIE
Apr '16

I'm still trying to figure out why it seems to bother some on here so much that people are discussing it? Yes, this particular incident is one of a tragic nature, but it did occur in the community. People are always going to talk about what happens in the place that they live. It is the same when there are accidents, roads closed, businesses closing, new stores opening, upcoming events, school functions, taxes, police blotter, etc.... Anything happening in or around town is usually up for discussion. Are people only supposed to talk about the good stuff and not the bad? I think we are all adults and can handle both. If you do not like a certain topic or if something is sensitive to you then you certainly have the choice not to click on it.

Thank you JRT ~ amen ~ well stated.

GWTWQUEENIE GWTWQUEENIE
Apr '16

GWTWQUEENIE: since you do not seem to understand what a "troll" is I will define it for you. Along with what being judgmental and anonymous mean. Please let me know if your small brain cells are incapable of handling this knowledge, given that you seem to lack the ability to critically analyze anything.

troll (def): One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.

Once again you refuse to list your real name so there is not way for me to have a real conversation with you. That is what anonymity is.

Passing judgement as something looking "odd" to you based on a video is considered judgmental.

What you list are not facts. Not one news article has been able to ID the shooter and the police have remained mum as this is an ongoing investigation (according to the most recently posted news article).

If you want to participate in an adult conversation and not one fueled by drama and gossip I suggest you get your facts straight instead of spreading lies against some one you don't even know. Do you have any sense of reality?

What makes me feel most unsafe is how fast my neighbors are to accuse some one of being a murderer without warrant. How could you deem some one so horrible without a news article or police report to back you up? Show me the real evidence that is worth it for a journalist to publish a story on with true journalistic integrity and I will believe you but stop spewing conjecture. You jump to a conclusion and bam that must be true. I don't think you would know what truth was if it smacked you in your face. But I will be sure to keep my eye out to call for help when you erroneously take your pitch forks out in the middle of the night and scream "witch"

JohnQ JohnQ
Apr '16

"What makes me feel most unsafe is how fast my neighbors are to accuse some one of being a murderer without warrant."

Especially since the person to whom that label is being applied has been detained, I'm sure exhaustively questioned, and released with (at this point) no charges pending and no indications from the police/prosecutors that this person is a danger to the public.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Apr '16

Everyone is entitled to an opinion ~ no matter how senseless ~ as can be seen by your retoric ~ that is why we live in America ~ JohnQ. Grow up!

GWTWQUEENIE GWTWQUEENIE
Apr '16

Thank you Mark!

GWTWQUEENIE you can have your opinion, but you should critically analyze why you have these opinions and be careful not to use your opinions purposefully harm an innocent person. And living in America is not an excuse to be an ignorant and hateful person.

In the words of our dear lord:

James 4:11-12
"Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?"

JohnQ JohnQ
Apr '16

She did have plenty of photos of them on Facebook and her Instagram but Rachael (not spelled Rachel) took them down when she broke up with him on March 9th... And yes, she does act odd in the video because they had just made up after she wanted to go out and get high with her friends at a party for New Years. It IS a tragedy and for her to not be convicted is beyond me but y'all don't have to worry, it is being investigated by some pretty important people since he was in the military. Just pray for both families. They both need prayers, not just Gage's family or not just Rachael's. Both families.

Apr '16

Also- she deleted her Facebook. So, that speaks volumes right there.

Apr '16

BlackBettyBamalam ~ well stated ~ prayers for both families are needed.

GWTWQUEENIE GWTWQUEENIE
Apr '16

Black Betty you have already established your bias in favor of Gage so I take what you say with a grain of salt. Do you even belong to our community? He was from Florida. Why do you have a voice on our community page?

You also accuse some one in our community of a grave crime. Without evidence. Not one newspaper or police report so far backs up what you say. And worse you name an individual and want us to shame her. Police and journalists are held to a standard of truth that people on the board are not. Let the experts speak for what happened and let's not pass judgement on those around us because I am sure any one of use in their position would want the same.

JohnQ JohnQ
Apr '16

Hi John Q. I knew them both. And even though I'm clearly not apart of your community, I was great friends with Gage. I am not passing judgement or anything like that. Sure, I favor one side. But that doesn't mean I know exactly what happened. Do you have information that the police and journalists have released? If so, could you share it since I obviously don't know anything? If Rachael isn't guilty and she was using self defense, good on her. Gage will be missed and it will be such a shock that he hurt her or did anything unreasonable. Anyway.. Please share then info you have since nobody else's is good enough. Ttyl, I'm sure.

Apr '16

Does it really matter if she is a part of the community or not? I feel people from in town out of town or where ever are entitled to post on this site. Maybe we should boot all the people that are just from the area and not specifically PV off too! FYI I fit your criteria JohnQ since I live in PV so I felt obligated to post. This site kills me sometimes smh

Sunshine bear Sunshine bear
Apr '16

All the information I have is from the news articles that have been presented on this page or can easily be googled. Not a single one of them identifies the shooter so why you are so quick to assume it is this Rachel and label her a murderer is not factual. Since you knew the deceased I am sorry for your loss but I hope you find a better outlet for your grief than pointing blame on a community forum. this is not a space to assess guilt, that is why we have the courtroom and the legal system.

JohnQ JohnQ
Apr '16

I recently listened to a facinating Radio program. It seems relevant to this thread so I'm sharing it. The link is below.

It's about a victim of rape it was doubted by her friends and family because of how she behaved after the attack. After speaking with the family, the police also doubted of the story, ended the investigation, and charged her with false reporting.

Years later, the rapist was caught committing another crime, and indisputable evidence was found proving the original victim's story.

One of the lessons to be learned from this story is that victims of trauma can behave in many different ways.

http://m.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/581/anatomy-of-doubt

gadfly gadfly
Apr '16

John Q, maybe do a little more research. You can listen to the dispatch calls. She called herself in saying he tied her up and raped her so she shot him but didn't know where he was.... I probably won't argue with you about anything and I'll never meet you in person, but I will say that I will come and go as I please. I will say how I feel and I will pray as I please. I cannot bring justice on anyone and I accept that. But I won't let anyone on this post say untrue things about Gage as you would like me to not say 'untrue' things about Rachael. I have said before and I will say again- I knew her too. Until Gage is proven the assaulter, I will believe that he was not. I happen to have an advantage of knowing him well through their entire relationship as well as knowing other close friends of his. I also have the advantage of knowing what he was doing leading up to the day he was killed.. I'm nothing special, I just know information. I also know what Rachael was up to! But regardless, knowing all this information means nothing to you or anyone else, I just don't think it's fair for people to say he deserved to be shot, because he did not.

Apr '16

If you know so much black betty....I'm hoping you are sharing info with the police. There could be important details.

Lives in PV Lives in PV
Apr '16

I second that, Lives in PV

Websleuth Websleuth
Apr '16

Tell us tell us tell us.... Cmon you won't!
I actually really want to know these juicy details ?!

Trista12 Trista12
Apr '16

Yes, information has been absolutely shared with the police.

Apr '16

Allusions of...

Is she still attending classes ???

Websleuth Websleuth
Apr '16

Obviously this is not a cut n dry case or the Police would have acted one way or the other. That does not point to either guilt or innocence or the facts of the case, it just points to the fact that there are not cut and dry conclusions...yet.

Presumption of innocence all around please.

Her actions or reactions prove nothing regarding the case except opinions which we all can feel free to have. Not sure I would be sharing some of them given we don't know the facts of the case. Throwing mud that ultimately don't stick is just gossip mongering.

Her statements regarding his actions are still "he said, she said" and he can't say anything at this point so we need to wait for the police and prosecutors to do their work.

My prayers to the families of this tragedy and hope for a speedy conclusion that everyone accepts. Although given the time and the obvious fog in the facts, chances are acceptance by all will be a hard time coming.

Apr '16

Reading his obituary makes me sad. Sounds like he was a wonderful young man

Realist Realist
Apr '16

BlackBettyBamalam- FB is not deleted....so much for speaking "volumes". She was known (by a few people I know) to be a bit wild and immature, which could possibly explain her social media activity.
Without knowing either of them I can only hope the truth gets told, and both families find peace. No judgements being passed by me- from what is being said about him he seemed to be a good guy.
You obviously knew him, and I am sorry for your loss.

PVRES PVRES
Apr '16

Well, it's back up. You're right! And thank you. It was a great loss.

Apr '16

I have looked on Facebook and don't see it.....

bowie bowie
Apr '16

i knew the victim personally and would be surprised if all this heresy is true of him. He was the kind of man that protects others, not the kind that hurts them. that being said, I havn't talked to him in about 2 years.

friend
Apr '16

I'm really intrigued about this case. Growing up around a lot of Navy personnel and marrying a sailor, you kind of get a feel for personalities, characters, and "types." Him being an O1 and so successful, at such a young age....it seems VERY odd that he would do something so something so careless and tragic. Of course, these are all just assumptions; I don't know either of the individuals and it is a very sad situation -- there just has to be more to what happened and there has to be someone who knew if the issues, if there were any, between these two.

It's confusing how these two would meet, date, get engaged, and have it turn so bad so quick when his base was ~1,200 miles away from where the incident occurred. Regardless, prayers to both families. Hope they get answers soon.

Chelsea Chelsea
Apr '16

http://belltowerfuneralhome.com/tribute/details/599/Gage-Theard/condolences.html#content-start

Websleuth Websleuth
Apr '16

The more that comes out about this young man the less I believe he "deserved it" ^^^^

Mfamily Mfamily
Apr '16

Something is telling me the same Mfamily- but I will wait and see what "truth" comes out.

PVRES PVRES
Apr '16

Reading this post is frustrating. I do wish that more details would be released to the public to clear this up for everyone. Gage is being remembered as a hero and being celebrated for his past. While some of the things he's accomplished in his past are admirable, the evidence seems to collaborate her story. If that's the case (and I believe it is), then we should tell the story of a brave woman who defended herself against a rapist..... not the potentially false story of an American Hero being killed.

MST, what evidence is collaborating with her story?

Apr '16

Yeah -- what evidence? Every piece of evidence that has been released doesn't really paint a clear picture. However, Gage definitely doesn't paint the picture of being a rapist with intentions to hurt; and while Rachael has done a great job at remaining a mystery, she doesn't strike the public as being an innocent girl. It'd be nice to learn a little bit more about her so assumptions don't have to be made about either side :(

Jamie
Apr '16

This is sad. Someone got murdered and there are no arrests... something's weird. Plus, media coverage now is basically gone. Either way somebody's dead and somebody's still free walking the streets. How does that happen?

marchon marchon
Apr '16

But yet there is great outrage about a rehab facility being built near our community. Scarier what happens behind the doors of homes...

Lives in PV Lives in PV
Apr '16

"Someone got murdered"

No... there has been a homicide (an action). It hasn't been proven - or even alleged - to be murder or manslaughter (a crime) at this time.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Apr '16

All the commentators for the deceased are new and unknown posters..interesting.

Even Darrin is on to something (however his post was removed).

positive positive
Apr '16

The case is under investigation. Be patient. Justice will be done, whatever justice is in this case after all the facts are know. It is not tv where all crimes are solved in an hour's episode. It is very important to gather evidence, interview witnesses and get ducks in a row before presenting evidence to a grand jury. There is no statute of limitations on murder. Let the Prosecutors' Office do their job. When they've finished their investigation, you will hear from them.

observer3 observer3
Apr '16

Hi BlackBettyBamalam
First, sorry for your loss. I read that you knew Gage personally. I didn't know Gage nor do I know the female victim. Therefore, I don't offer any opinions based on their character.
I took the time today to read all the news reports and discovered that the evidence I'm aware of hasn't been released by any media. I only have additional information due to my profession briefly, and mildly, crossing paths with this case (which is the only reason I took interest in the case and found this forum). I won't release any of that information, as that is for the investigators to do.

So my opinion remains the same and I believe you will feel the same when all evidence is released.
Prayers to both families who are experiencing a very difficult time.

My concern is, is she still attending classes at Rutgers...I'd hate to cross paths with her. Also, I found it interesting that Gage posted on his facebook about gun rights. If you go on his facebook page you will find this. Makes me wonder if possibly the gun was his? If she is truly a victim, I hope she received some sort of victim services. But regardless, if you look at her facebook, you will see how much of a "party girl" she was.

websleuth websleuth
Apr '16

@websleuth,
She has not been charged with anything. So why would it matter if she is still attending classes???? A "party girl"? One or two posts she has a drink in her hand. Hardly makes her a party girl. And even if she was, how does that play into this case. Let's stick to the facts that are RELEVANT to the case, can we?

JustTheFacts JustTheFacts
Apr '16

websleuth, How did you find her facebook page when all I can tell from the posts is her name is Rachael?

websleuth - what does the fact that she is still attending classes and likes to "party" have anything to do with a homicide investigation?

Rutgers has 66,000+ students. I'm guessing more than a few of them also like to party. They must all be murderers...

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Apr '16

Google search Gage theard facebook. Make sure you're logged into yours first. If you click on his facebook, click on one of the most recent photos of himself. Click on who liked his photo, and you should find Rachael's like, her cover photo is her as a cheerleader.

websleuth websleuth
Apr '16

wow websleuth stalk much?

Darwin Darwin
Apr '16

His gun rights post from 10/16/15 on his FB page... he posts a link with statistics and writes......

"Granted this is from 2000-2009, but it's the most up to date they had. Guns are certainly killers, but not the only means by which people resort. Therefore, removing them will not stop the killing.

These are some interesting statistics. Looks like there are, just in general, the highest concentration of murder, at the 20-24 age group(college age). Perhaps there are other factors causing this, aside from the ability to access guns.

No doubt in 2009 the data shows that about 67% of murders are from firearms. With the rest being none firearm related. One of the many others causes being from knives or other cutting instruments at 13.3%."

End quote.....

Ironically he talks about how "college age has the highest concentration of murders".

Now he is one of those statistics:-(

Whateverhappeneditss
Apr '16

MST- that's great that you're in the profession. Have you seen every piece of evidence that has been gathered? Have you looked at information coming in from people who have told about their relationship or talking specifically about her and how she acted (even apart from Gage)? I think that you can't just look at the homicide alone (although I do not believe she is the victim even after your comment).

Yes, he does talk about gun laws on his Facebook. Guess what? She shot guns, too! They went shooting together as a couple! Weird, huh? He had his conceal carry and she bought into the hobby, as well.

Again, I know both Gage and Rachael. I knew Rachael. I knew her. Also- I knew her. And I will continue to believe in Gage and that he didn't rape her. I think they probably had sex when he got there, but I don't think he raped her.

Apr '16

Hay Darwin, pretty sure everyone has stalked someone at some point. I bet you a million dollars you went and tested websleuth's information to see who it was. It's not stalking, it's smart. Everyone keeps asking who she is and her name was outed, his name has been released so why wouldn't people try to figure it out?

Apr '16

. I bet you a million dollars you went and tested websleuth's information to see who it was

well I guess you owe me $1million :)

sorry but that's too much effort for me. I will wait for the facts to come out from the authorities. until then enjoy your soap opera here.

Darwin Darwin
Apr '16

Do you accept fake bills??

Apr '16

Some of you people need to get a Life..........comments on here are so insensitive

LittleRascal LittleRascal
Apr '16

Here is an update.
http://wrnjradio.com/rnj-news-department/2016/investigation-continues-into-fatal-shooting-that-occurred-inside-a-panther-valley-home/

ooonoo ooonoo
Apr '16

http://patch.com/new-jersey/longvalley/man-shot-dead-north-jersey-home-was-involved-sex-assault-prosecutor

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Apr '16

Wow, the Patch really went over the line, allegedly........

Everyone else is pretty clear: the police entered on a report for sexual-assault/shooting and the prosecutor is saying investigation is ongoing and nothing will be disclosed until it completes.

Everything else regarding an actual sexual assault is allegedly conjecture and spin. All we know about that is that is how it was called in. The Patch should be ashamed. Has their newsroom stopped doing drugs?

Apr '16

FYI. Not a comment on events just a fact about the investigation. As per the Express-Times, Saturday April 23rd. NCIS and the NJ State Police are still investigating the incident.

JBJKSJ
Apr '16

Any updates on this?
Still feel nervous to walk through panther valley :-0

Ksween93 Ksween93
May '16

Why would you feel nervous to walk thru here? It was an isolated instance- not some serial killer running around. We all know by now that it was a relationship gone bad issue not a rampant killer on the loose.
Give it a rest already. Let law enforcement do their job. We will eventually find out what went down.

PVRES PVRES
May '16

Nervous to walk around PV?! hahahahahahahahahaha. WOW.

HLamusesme HLamusesme
May '16

Really? Nervous? Panther Valley? Try Camden.

Calico696 Calico696
May '16

Lots of creeps in the "mean streets" of Panther Valley...

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf/2016/05/40-year-old_man_accused_of_sex.html#incart_river_index

ianimal ianimal
May '16

ugh.....at least one creep

4catmom 4catmom
May '16

any updates?

invtgf
May '16

She has a new boyfriend, there's an update...

Whynojusticeyet Whynojusticeyet
Jun '16

Hope he is careful- somethings not right about this girl....

PVRES PVRES
Jun '16

Have there been any updates regarding this?

Jane Doe Jane Doe
Aug '16

Have not heard anything- long overdue, don't you think????

PVRES PVRES
Aug '16

Now we know:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf/2016/08/navy_officer_fatally_shot_in_n.html#incart_river_mobile_home

Wow that's crazy!

Metsman Metsman
Aug '16

Well the truth is out. Very sad.

Christine Christine
Aug '16

Nobody is going to critique the bloodhound gang of amateurs from previous posts ?

skippy skippy
Aug '16

Good call skippy.

positive positive
Aug '16

See front page of August 26th EXPRESS-TIMES. Case closed.

JBJSKJ JBJSKJ
Aug '16

More information about this.......

http://www.nj.com/warren/index.ssf/2016/08/navy_officer_fatally_shot_in_nj_wanted_ex-fiancee.html#incart_river_mobile_home

The Sound Guy The Sound Guy
Aug '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.