2016 HL Photography Thread

2016 HL Photography Thread

I haven't been as active on this site but I want to get the photography people back posting!

fujixt1 fujixt1
Feb '16

Re: 2016 HL Photography Thread

Greetings!

I've been busy on assignment for The Star-Ledger/NJ Advance Media & the NJSIAA covering HS sports.

Hopefully, there's a photo walk planned soon as I'd like to get out into nature too! :)

Nick Scalera Photo Nick Scalera Photo
Feb '16

Update on my equipment for those who knew what I saw shooting with before.

I added the Fuji X100T as of Saturday and I LOVE IT!

fujixt1 fujixt1
Feb '16

Some old farm equipment.

Went to India for business about two weeks ago. Managed to get in a full day of sightseeing.

This picture is at a Jain temple where all of the marble was hand carved. This guy was one of the carvers (obviously.) The level of detail in their work was amazing!

Picture is a jpeg straight out of the camera. Haven't had time to go through and edit the photos.

emaxxman emaxxman
Feb '16

Here's another one. We happened upon a street side pre-wedding celebration (groom's side).

emaxxman emaxxman
Feb '16

Taken this past September. My parents bought this car in Oct '72, taking European delivery. They drove it around Europe for a couple weeks before shipping it back.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '16

MNJ - That's a great pic. If you hadn't stated that it was taken in September, one could easily think it was 20+ years old. I love the look of these old pictures.

emaxxman emaxxman
Feb '16

I have a wildlife collection of photo's . Happy to share !! 3 week old baby moose. Maine

just coach just coach
Feb '16

One more ! Giving the right of way ( I'm on foot ) to Scar a popular grizzly bear in Yellowstone . Scar popped out of the brush to cross the road and we almost bumped into each other. I just stepped back to let him pass.

just coach just coach
Feb '16

Taken this evening in Allamuchy. Looks like summer, feels like Spring!

Thanks emaxx. I started out that day just going for a drive and threw the camera in the back seat. Thought it was a perfect backdrop for the car. Looks even more vintage in B&W. Thought about looking for some photo ops in front of old barns and bridges too.

Also need to get a pic of it together with my other Benz, a roadster from the same era.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Feb '16

Taken this morning with the x100t.

For those that don't know much about the Fuji x100 line it is amazing. It will spark your love for photography again. There are many positives and negatives for every system and this is no exception.

The reason I bought it was the focal length, another body, IQ, and the leaf shutter. I am able to sync with my flash up to speed of 1/2000 of a second. Most dslr can do 1/260 i think.

If you have any questions please ask away!

fujixt1 fujixt1
Feb '16

Here is an example of the use of a leaf shutter. I was able to control the bright sun coming in while using a f2. An external flash was used to light up my dog.

I had the camera for about 20min so this is just a quick example.

fujixt1 fujixt1
Feb '16

Beautiful fujixt1.

positive positive
Feb '16

Taken with my other Fuji system the xt1 with the 50-140 f2.8. My wife and our dog.

fujixt1 fujixt1
Feb '16

Smoky Mountains, Pittman Center, Tn.

SM PREDATOR
Mar '16

Waterloo Village yesterday.

Is there a good place to go to have 35mm slides converted to digital? Mom gave me some slides of their European trip in Nov '72 and would like to get them converted. I was just going to try Costco. Went to Walgreens this morning, but they would just send them out.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '16

perhaps Unique Photo in Fairfield on rte 46. They are probably the most comprehensive photo store in Jersey.......

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '16

oh yeah, should have remembered them, that's a great store. Thanks 4catmom.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '16

btw there are scanners (not very expensive) that do slides and negatives - have a bit of software to clean them up a little on your pute..................

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '16

Called Unique. They have an in-house service. I'll be dropping them off tonight. I looked briefly for a slide scanner and they all seemed to be $100+. Do you know of a more reasonable one?

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '16

Nothing too exciting but still testing and getting used to the x100t.

fujixt1 fujixt1
Mar '16

Picture would be nice.

fujixt1 fujixt1
Mar '16

Slide converter arrived today. Works very well once you figure it out. This is the same car in the Swiss Alps, Nov 1972.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '16

Swiss border guard checking papers

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '16

what did you get, MeisterNJ? what type converter?

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '16

This was part the Pines Inn in Branchville. I really wanted to park and get out but didn't build up the nerve to go on the creepy property. Has anyone been there? Supposed to be haunted!

fujixt1 fujixt1
Mar '16

Some neighbors hanging out in my yard this morning.

Fuji xt1 with 50-140

fujixt1 fujixt1
Mar '16

It's made by jumbl. After a few hiccups, I got the hang of it. Unit wasn't recognizing my sd card at first. Works for negatives as well. Glad I bought it.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '16

Ihre Papiere bitte (-;

ianimal ianimal
Mar '16

I just googled that, ianimal, and it made me think of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '16

I had the privilege of seeing this gorgeous bobcat on Pinnacle Peak in Scottsdale, AZ...........

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '16

Taken this afternoon

fujixt1 fujixt1
Mar '16

Still 2016 right? Where are the photos?

Stealing home --->
and my heart...<3

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jul '16

3wbdwnj - Safe, right? Either way, quite an athlete, with guts.

DannyC DannyC
Jul '16

I just busted out the canon ae-1 program 35mm the other day and was wondering if you guys know if there is a place that does in house developing.. I went to Walgreens and they send it out and they said it take 1-2 weeks to get them back. I guess no more 1 hour photo.

Booster90 Booster90
Feb '18

maybe Unique Photo in Fairfield...

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '18

Roadside art, Kauai, HI

I hope y'all are still taking pics.

The a7ii that I got last Christmas has been amazing. The ability to pull relatively low noise detail from the shadows has been a godsend. My old Sony and Minolta DSLRs had in-body stabilization. With the improved 5-axis IBIS and lowlight capabilities, I'm able to get sharp shots at super slow shutter speeds in practically dark situations (at f/4!)

I've also been learning to use more advanced techniques in Lightroom and Photoshop. I knew the basics but now starting to get into luminosity masks and blend modes. The pic is a 3-exposure merge in Lightroom with additional editing in Photoshop. Learning these more advanced techniques in LR/PS has made it feel as exciting as it was when I first started photography.

emaxxman emaxxman
Sep '18

When 22 inches of snow falls overnight in Boulder Colorado and you have a gourmet grilled cheese shop and can't make it in to open up. Sums it up perfectly!! LOL

LOL Greg!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Nov '19

No snow here, 70 and sunny here, love the area and so glad we moved.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.