2/11/16 Traffic Alert Route 80 Eastbound

Two jacknifed tractor trailers eastbound I-80 at Rockaway Denville border. Highway eastbound shutdown. Traffic backed up for miles. Avoid the area.

Thanks Vic for the heads up.

mansfield mama mansfield mama
Feb '16

One hour 45 minutes to Denville!!

Chickadee mobile Chickadee mobile
Feb '16

I wonder if my husband is at work yet. He wasn't even at the mall yet an hour after he left the house.

Supposedly these accidents happened at 330am?

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Feb '16

Correct, I heard 3:30am as well.
Sitting here in the Wharton Shoprite parking lot currently with a view of 80 and can see eastbound is still barely moving!

It was horrible. I was going to take 46 by Roxbury but the line to get off that exit was insane. I got off by the mall and took 46 that way (I work in Paterson). When I came back on to 80 by Parsippany, 80 was dead with very little traffic (I'm assuming they were all stuck still back by Denville). They were saying about an hour delay just to go a couple of exits. Of course 46 and 10 became clogged with traffic .

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Feb '16

Left at 9am from Hackettstown and arrived in Parsippany at 9:45am. Not too bad for me I guess.

Lady
Feb '16

Yeah sunshinenj exit 28 for Ledgewood was really backed up back onto 80 EB when I drove past it going westbound as late as 9:30 this morning.

I already knew what happened on 80 overnight before I left work at 7AM this morning to head back home westbound to Warren County. It was a very unusual commute home barely seeing any rush hour eastbound traffic coming at you on 80 on a Thursday morning from where I got on in Parsippany (Exit 47) up until the crash scene in Denville.

My husband said the road where the accident happened was entirely clear by about 745-8am when he finally got through it. Left the house at 630 and made it to work in Paterson around 830ish. What a nightmare.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Feb '16

I remember days like that on 80... so glad I don't do that commute anymore. It sucks the life out of you...

Metsman Metsman
Feb '16

Was driving to the gym this morning and heard about it. So glad I don't drive eastward anymore.

emaxxman emaxxman
Feb '16

Sometimes the Waze app makes me crazy and sometimes it's my best friend! Mt Olive to East Hanover in about 58 minutes - of course it was all over back roads, but at least it kept me moving and wasn't that much more time than a regular "bad" day on 80.

I don't always trust it - but this morning it paid off.

dadogmomma dadogmomma
Feb '16

Same here, dadogmomma! Waze took me a wacky way this morning, but it only took me a few more minutes than usual. Plus now I learned a new route :)

Waze FTW!

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Feb '16

I pretty much blindly trust Waze now and do just about any crazy thing it says... It has only screwed me twice so far (but in all fairness the one time wasn't entirely it's fault, there was no vehicular traffic going down 9th avenue, just a food festival...)

Brendan Brendan
Feb '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.