Hit and run on Grand Ave?

Just wondering if anyone else heard of a hit and run on Grand Ave last week? My neighbor said it was a young woman who is a known addict in and around town! I am shocked and saddened to hear this in our community... I also heard that this occurred in the morning hours... I work diligently to keep my family safe and when I hear of scum like this trolling the streets at 11 in the morning, I get MAD!!!!!!!!!! Anybody else? Am I the only one? I hope not!

Concerned in town Concerned in town
Feb '16

here you go..........

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf/2016/02/bush_damage_in_hackettstown_cr.html#incart_river_index

hello
Feb '16

Pretty harsh here concerned, ever have anyone in your family or circle of friends who had an addiction problem ? scum?? maybe you should just take them out and shoot them.

Cynic
Feb '16

Cynic....if they struck one of your family members and killed them would you consider them scum then??

America America
Feb '16

Comment on the woman getting caught because of the bush sticking out will likely be deleted, so I won't say it :)

Cynic... yes I have. My brother died of a heroin overdose in 2002..... 11:28 in the morning, crossing over the road way, and then driving back through the accident scene??? Really???? Sorry to upset you with my wording, BUT have you ever dealt with anyone in YOUR family or circle of friends that had an addiction problem??? I have, and they have NO regard for innocent children, parents, animals or property. I hope you are this compassionate when you or someone you love run across a stoned driver at 11:28 one Thursday morning!

Concerned in town Concerned in town
Feb '16

You drive past stoned people every day on your way to work at 5:00. And u drive past them on your way home. Difference being ones smoked a joint. one took 3 oxy the other drank vodka. It's never gonna change. Besides I'd bet we all do better behind the wheel after smoking a joint then trying to hold a conversation texting or on the phone. I'm sure you all have seen what a great example our police set. There just as guilty

nope, not taking the bait this time

pmnsk pmnsk
Feb '16

Pmnsk...you're learning, lol.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '16

I don't think it's an argument of calling people scum or degraded them, it is a horrible disease. But when it directly affects our community and the well being of our friends and family it sheds light on the problems that are facing our area! So instead of trashing people it should be a concern to get them off our streets and get them help they obviously need!

Issue Issue
Feb '16

Yes Concerned, I have dealt with this, my sister was a nurse with a masters degree and got caught in a downward spiral of easy to get pain meds and with help, came back from the brink and I never thought of her as "scum". I'm truly sorry for your loss and I really don't believe you think of your brother that way either. Issue understands the real problem here, help not punishment. I may be a "cynic" but I'm not heartless.

Cynic
Feb '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.